If you're going to get seafood in Vegas, make sure it's at a higher end place, and make sure before you order that the fish is fresh, not frozen.

Speaking of eating seafood among the locals, I found a weird phenomenon in Prince Edward Island, Canada. I had remembered a great lobster dinner I had there in the '80s. When traveling there in 2019, I wanted to basically repeat that. I was shocked that every fucking lobster place in PEI wanted to serve it cold. I must have made like 5 different stops at restaurants in PEI looking for that great lobster experience, and each one conceded that it's a cold dish.

Finally I gave up. I said, "Maybe in Halifax (Nova Scotia -- where we were heading next) we can go to a nice restaurant and there will be a normal lobster dinner there."

And indeed there was, BUT... many of them had a "19 and over policy" (equivalent to 21 in the US) because they wanted to serve alcohol without worrying about IDing. So I couldn't go to them because of Benjamin.

Finally I found one which both allowed kids AND served lobster the way I expected it. Was very good, though I forgot the name of it.

Still, the inability to find a non-cold lobster dish in PEI was pretty shocking.