Thread: Truong My Lan: Vietnamese billionaire sentenced to death for $44bn fraud

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Truong My Lan: Vietnamese billionaire sentenced to death for $44bn fraud

It was the most spectacular trial ever held in Vietnam, befitting one of the greatest bank frauds the world has ever seen.

Behind the stately yellow portico of the colonial-era courthouse in Ho Chi Minh City, a 67-year-old Vietnamese property developer was sentenced to death on Thursday for looting one of the country's largest banks over a period of 11 years.

It's a rare verdict - she is one of very few women in Vietnam to be sentenced to death for a white collar crime.

It was the most spectacular trial ever held in Vietnam, befitting one of the greatest bank frauds the world has ever seen.

Behind the stately yellow portico of the colonial-era courthouse in Ho Chi Minh City, a 67-year-old Vietnamese property developer was sentenced to death on Thursday for looting one of the country's largest banks over a period of 11 years.

It's a rare verdict - she is one of very few women in Vietnam to be sentenced to death for a white collar crime.

The evidence was in 104 boxes weighing a total of six tonnes. Eighty-five others were tried with Truong My Lan, who denied the charges and can appeal.

All of the defendants were found guilty. Four received life in jail. The rest were given prison terms ranging from 20 years to three years suspended. Truong My Lan's husband and niece received jail terms of nine and 17 years respectively.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-68778636.amp

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by limitles View Post

The evidence was in 104 boxes weighing a total of six tonnes. Eighty-five others were tried with Truong My Lan, who denied the charges and can appeal.

All of the defendants were found guilty. Four received life in jail. The rest were given prison terms ranging from 20 years to three years suspended. Truong My Lan's husband and niece received jail terms of nine and 17 years respectively.

Les is apparently working for the Dept of Redundancy Department... Dude if youre gonna cut and paste at least make sure its not the same 2 sentences repeated 3 times.

Load Metric
    She’s taken more Dongs than a Saigon whore.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by limitles View Post

Yes all drunks are this fucking dumb in real life ...

Thread Information