Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: A dead dog just prevetned Kristi Noem from being Trump's VP

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by limitles View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    She actually had a reasonable shot at being the first female President, and not just by default if she were VP and Trump croaked.

Say this never happens, she's picked as VP, and Trump wins. If Trump's second term goes okay, inflation goes down, and Trump works his foreign policy magic to get a bunch of Ws just like his first term, there's a decent chance a Republican gets elected again, but obviously Trump is termed out.

If he endorses Noem at that point, she's probably the instant favorite for the nomination.

Unbelievable fail on her part. If you're a rising political figure with high aspirations as she has, you get a shitload of loyal people to preview your book from cover to cover, and give their honest takes on any problematic parts. Looks like she didn't do this.
    A reasonable shot? Trump is done. There goes any wild scenario such as yours.

She's completely unaware, likely a sociopath.
    Trump is done?

He's ahead in the polls, you clueless Canuck.

Load Metric
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    https://twitter.com/KristiNoem/status/1784631108207849781

I can understand why some people are upset about a 20 year old story of Cricket, one of the working dogs at our ranch, in my upcoming book — No Going Back. The book is filled with many honest stories of my life, good and bad days, challenges, painful decisions, and lessons learned.

What I learned from my years of public service, especially leading South Dakota through COVID, is people are looking for leaders who are authentic, willing to learn from the past, and don’t shy away from tough challenges. My hope is anyone reading this book will have an understanding that I always work to make the best decisions I can for the people in my life.

The fact is, South Dakota law states that dogs who attack and kill livestock can be put down. Given that Cricket had shown aggressive behavior toward people by biting them, I decided what I did.

Whether running the ranch or in politics, I have never passed on my responsibilities to anyone else to handle. Even if it’s hard and painful. I followed the law and was being a responsible parent, dog owner, and neighbor.

As I explained in the book, it wasn't easy. But often the easy way isn't the right way.

How does she not have a crisis management team working on this?

When everyone is outraged about you shooting a dog for being disobedient, you don't come back with lectures about South Dakota law permitting it.

BCR might have a point that the story is either made up or exaggerated. Ruining your career by voluntarily telling a story about killing a dog is dumb. Ruining your career by MAKING UP a story about killing a dog is amazingly dumb.

I do agree that either way, this was told in order to present a "tough-as-nails rural woman" narrative, and nobody was aware enough to realize you don't talk about killing dogs that way.
    Lol that you think Trump will voluntarily surrender power if he’s re-elected.

Load Metric
    I feel like this broad had just watched Old Yeller again and thought "this will resonate well"

Comments

country978: lol

zealanddonk: Esp if she's team up with "Old Orange"

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Rural Texan explains how animals are handled when necessary…..today

”No one is shooting their animals unless they want to”

Load Metric
    The craziest part is this isn't something new. It's not some product of PETA. My dad had a class called History of the Holocaust in college. The instructor was a young Jewish professor. He started teaching in 1969. One of the earliest classes on strictly the holocaust in the country. Guy was always on PBS and guest speaking. He had this huge archive of interviews with holocaust survivors that is still online today and hosted by the Jewish Community Center.

My dad would mention the class any time we'd see footage of the concentration camps on tv. He really liked the professor and found it a great class. He told me how the guy was showing video on some projector of the atrocities, and the class was silent throughout, and amidst all the bodies was a dead dog and every girl in class gasped and say awww.

His daughter was a year ahead of me in school and we were always party friends from high school onward.

When I was at Ohio State I came home one summer and took the class at the local college. Same professor still taught it. Taught from late sixties until mid 2000s. We started watching footage of bulldozers moving bodies and I knew it was coming.

Sure enough, he still had the clip where you are watching infants and all these bodies dropping and people dgaf, and all of a sudden you see a dead dog drop onto a pile of bodies and it was the same exact reaction. He stopped it and said I've been showing this movie now for x amount of years now and it never fails to amaze me that I get the exact same reaction every time.

I had never talked to the guy despite partying with his daughter almost every weekend for like 6 years from high school throughout undergrad. The parties were never at her house, and I just never met him at anything school related as young kids because she was ahead of me.

This was like a week into class, and after he showed it I kind of lingered while the class dispersed. I introduced myself and talked to him awhile and told him I was waiting on that footage as my father had always mentioned it and told me how much he enjoyed the class. Super nice guy. Really charismatic teacher. I also mentioned I knew his daughter really well. She was a super wild girl still at that point, so I was careful. She eventually became a physician.

But you can watch piles of human beings. At some point, everyone has literally wanted to kill someone. Now one half of the country wants to kill the other half. We all grew up seeing violence constantly, so we are immune. Everyone loves dogs though, so fucking with them is and has always been suicide. It might be more third rail than SS. A lot of people have tried to fuck with SS, and it's always bad politically, but some have survived it with an apology. Dogs are a way more visceral third rail.

Load Metric
    You can kill all the babies you want at an abortion clinic but don't fuck with the dogs.

Problem is....thousands of dogs are put to death at animal shelters everyday. Everyone expressing fake outrage at Noem needs to go to their local animal shelter and make them quit killing the dogs....or STFU.
    POKER FAG ALERT! FOR BLOW JOB SEE SLOPPY JOE THE TRANNIE HO.

Load Metric
    Elise Stefanik is too fat and ugly to be the VP MAGA whore, wonder if there's an unknown in boot camp getting done up to appease Team Retard.

Mickeycrimm may luck out if he pivots to men.
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by mickeycrimm View Post

The affair is likely. Not proven 100%, but very close.

Shooting the dog is much less of a big deal than stupidly writing about it in a book when you want to be VP. And if you are going to write about it, you need to frame it like something awful which hurt your heart, not the equivalent of throwing a year-old toaster in the trash because it keeps burning breakfast.

Huge fuckup on her part, and even most conservative influencers are crying foul.

The basic rule of politics when you're sitting in a good spot: Just don't fuck up.
    You know damn well this story was scrutinized by lefty journos everywhere. It would have been in the MSM 24/7/365 if lefty journos found any real evidence. Until real evidence is produced it's just slanderous hit piece.

But she did fuck up with the dog story. City fucks just will never understand a story like that. In the rural south they shoot hunting dogs that won't hunt.

I wasn't supporting her for VP but she's done a great job for South Dakota. Remember, SD didn't lock down when the rest of the country did. Their covid stats are no worse than the states that did lock down.
    She provided the evidence man. Its in her book she put out its hard to be a slanderous hit piece when you provided the story yourself. She put it out there to seem tough and able to do what needs to be done type except it blew up in her face like a propane tank that was leaking.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by limitles View Post
    She actually had a reasonable shot at being the first female President, and not just by default if she were VP and Trump croaked.

Say this never happens, she's picked as VP, and Trump wins. If Trump's second term goes okay, inflation goes down, and Trump works his foreign policy magic to get a bunch of Ws just like his first term, there's a decent chance a Republican gets elected again, but obviously Trump is termed out.

If he endorses Noem at that point, she's probably the instant favorite for the nomination.

Unbelievable fail on her part. If you're a rising political figure with high aspirations as she has, you get a shitload of loyal people to preview your book from cover to cover, and give their honest takes on any problematic parts. Looks like she didn't do this.
    A reasonable shot? Trump is done. There goes any wild scenario such as yours.

She's completely unaware, likely a sociopath.
    Trump is nowhere done especially compared to your liver Les. Biden is hemorrhaging support from tradtional locked down Democrat voter blocks particularly minorities like Hispanics and even Blacks. For Fs sake some polls put him within the margin of error of snapping off NY as an Electoral College win if that happens it could be 1980 or 1984 all over again.

Load Metric
    impressive timing. shit show rolls on.

Name:  pfa incredible timing.JPG
Views: 116
Size:  68.8 KB
    Barron goes to WI. You talking about “Anchor Baby” and son of "Illegal Immigrant" gold digging whore who got married to rich man for her paperwork Barron Trump?

Load Metric

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by ftpjesus View Post

You know damn well this story was scrutinized by lefty journos everywhere. It would have been in the MSM 24/7/365 if lefty journos found any real evidence. Until real evidence is produced it's just slanderous hit piece.

But she did fuck up with the dog story. City fucks just will never understand a story like that. In the rural south they shoot hunting dogs that won't hunt.

I wasn't supporting her for VP but she's done a great job for South Dakota. Remember, SD didn't lock down when the rest of the country did. Their covid stats are no worse than the states that did lock down.
    She provided the evidence man. Its in her book she put out its hard to be a slanderous hit piece when you provided the story yourself. She put it out there to seem tough and able to do what needs to be done type except it blew up in her face like a propane tank that was leaking.
    People misinterpret so much. I said the Vanity Fair article on an alleged affair was a slanderous hit piece, not the dog story. I unequivocally said she fucked up with the dog story.

PS: "How could you kill that poor little animal?" is a question people should be asking at their local animal shelters if they are so concerned about it.
    POKER FAG ALERT! FOR BLOW JOB SEE SLOPPY JOE THE TRANNIE HO.

Load Metric

The affair is likely. Not proven 100%, but very close.

Shooting the dog is much less of a big deal than stupidly writing about it in a book when you want to be VP. And if you are going to write about it, you need to frame it like something awful which hurt your heart, not the equivalent of throwing a year-old toaster in the trash because it keeps burning breakfast.

Huge fuckup on her part, and even most conservative influencers are crying foul.

The basic rule of politics when you're sitting in a good spot: Just don't fuck up.

Incredibly aloof she is. The Covid dogs and their childless virgin owners walking them in their little sweater or raincoat. The little booties on the dogs feet.

She is South Dakata but isn’t the reality she lives in Virginia?

Colossal fuckup.

Who is Trump gonna tap now? Oops, I mean for VP. He needs to tread fucking lightly here cause my patience with him is getting short.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    I actually find her banging Lewandowski far more egregious than her killing the dog, and I love dogs. I found her one of the hottest 50 year old women I’ve ever seen, and when that story came out a few years ago, I could never look at her again. Lewandowski is that big of a dork.
    Voters holding politicians to a standard …. declining civility and societal expectations … as Druff points out no one gives a fuck any more.

She and Haley have no personal code. Life is hard and they are not.

Dogs.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post

Incredibly aloof she is. The Covid dogs and their childless virgin owners walking them in their little sweater or raincoat. The little booties on the dogs feet.

Colossal fuckup.

Who is Trump gonna tap now? Oops, I mean for VP. He needs to tread fucking lightly here cause my patience with him is getting short.
    I thought Tim Scott was the favorite even before Noem went doggystyle.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gut View Post

Colossal fuckup.

Trump just broke bread and ate pudding with Bobblehead in Florida. I absolutely would not believe that happening. Likely a peace talks and swapping of promises and favors. Who knows

** Susie Wiles prolly called that play after the Politico article came out now that I think about it.

If anyone was sharp here I’d love to know the VP best bet. Tim Scott
    Last edited by Sanlmar; 04-30-2024 at 08:19 AM.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    I actually find her banging Lewandowski far more egregious than her killing the dog, and I love dogs. I found her one of the hottest 50 year old women I’ve ever seen, and when that story came out a few years ago, I could never look at her again. Lewandowski is that big of a dork.
    Voters holding politicians to a standard …. declining civility and societal expectations … as Druff points out no one gives a fuck any more.

She and Haley have no personal code. Life is hard and they are not.

Dogs.
    It wasn't that she had an affair, but her choice. Corey always seemed like the kid that Manafort and Bannon kept around in case they needed a fall guy and was otherwise sent to the corner to shut the fuck up when the grownups were talking. Not the guy you fuck if you're a climber like she is. Between that and this dog episode, I don't know what to think of her other than she's rather dumb.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gut View Post

Trump just broke bread and ate pudding with Bobblehead in Florida. I absolutely would not believe that happening. Likely a peace talks and swapping of promises and favors. Who knows

** Susie Wiles prolly called that play after the Politico article came out now that I think about it.

Tim Scott is possible. But keep in mind Trump is already making inroads with black men. His appeal to black and Hispanic males (especially Hispanic) -- far exceeding any other Republican candidate in modern times -- will probably be his most lasting positive contribution to the GOP. The party was fucked demographically with the growing Hispanic population, but Trump not only put the brakes on that, he actually reversed it.

Trump has his issues, but he's woefully underrated for two major positives -- his foreign policy work, and his fixing of the GOP demographics problem.

His biggest electoral problem remains white suburban women.

If Trump can turn even some of them (the non-liberal ones) into being willing to vote for him, he's basically a lock.

I'm not sure if Noem would have accomplished that. She's too associated with him. Women who hate Trump aren't going to be that impressed with a VP candidate who is a female rural MAGA governor. Still, it might move the needle for some. But not anymore.

Honestly, had Nikki Haley stood down in the primary, she would have been viable as a VP. She isn't seen as a Trump sycophant, and many moderate female Republicans liked her. However, I think Haley's sticking in the race too long fucked her, and now too much of the base hates her.

Trump will pick some candidate demographically different than himself, though,. His meeting with DeSantis was probably exactly what you said -- a peace treaty where DeSantis gives his support now, and then maybe gets an endorsement down the road. When DeSantis dropped out and gave his endorsement, it was the weakest, most passive-aggressive endorsement I've ever seen. And he was back to bashing Trump two days later. Maybe this meeting was there to solidify DeSantis' real support.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Tim Scott is possible. But keep in mind Trump is already making inroads with black men. His appeal to black and Hispanic males (especially Hispanic) -- far exceeding any other Republican candidate in modern times -- will probably be his most lasting positive contribution to the GOP. The party was fucked demographically with the growing Hispanic population, but Trump not only put the brakes on that, he actually reversed it.

Trump has his issues, but he's woefully underrated for two major positives -- his foreign policy work, and his fixing of the GOP demographics problem.

His biggest electoral problem remains white suburban women.

If Trump can turn even some of them (the non-liberal ones) into being willing to vote for him, he's basically a lock.

I'm not sure if Noem would have accomplished that. She's too associated with him. Women who hate Trump aren't going to be that impressed with a VP candidate who is a female rural MAGA governor. Still, it might move the needle for some. But not anymore.

Honestly, had Nikki Haley stood down in the primary, she would have been viable as a VP. She isn't seen as a Trump sycophant, and many moderate female Republicans liked her. However, I think Haley's sticking in the race too long fucked her, and now too much of the base hates her.

Trump will pick some candidate demographically different than himself, though,. His meeting with DeSantis was probably exactly what you said -- a peace treaty where DeSantis gives his support now, and then maybe gets an endorsement down the road. When DeSantis dropped out and gave his endorsement, it was the weakest, most passive-aggressive endorsement I've ever seen. And he was back to bashing Trump two days later. Maybe this meeting was there to solidify DeSantis' real support.
    doh!

Thread Information