Back when I called out Jami Lafay for her shady Gofundme in February, a lot of freaks came out of the woodwork to insult/attack me. No matter what I said or what I tried to show them, they characterized me as a cruel misogynist who was picking on Jami because she was a vulnerable woman with cancer.

Some of the Jami defenders were simps trying to impress her. Others were extreme feminists who turned the whole thing into a matter of gender (which, of course, it wasn't). Others had a relative who had recently passed from cancer (or was currently suffering from it), and could only see the cancer part of the story, and not the shadiness surrounding the Gofundme campaign.

While I also had many on my side, as well as "silent majority" supporters who PM'd me but wouldn't say anything publicly, the whole thing became incredibly stressful to deal with. The ones attacking me were, for the most part, complete strangers and complete unknowns in poker.

But there was one exception. A guy on Twitter named @ThomasDavis722 was coming at me really hard and aggressively, and it appeared he had some kind of history with me. I didn't know who he was. I did not remember any Thomas Davis, nor had I ever interacted with the guy before. He also had almost no followers, and no picture of himself.

I then scrolled back through his past tweets, and found that, 4 months prior to the Jami controversy, in October 2022, he wrote a scathing response to my @Pokerfraudalert account, after I had posted a notice that the show was in the archives. His response was something along the lines of calling it right wing lies and propaganda, which already was strange, because I mostly keep politics off the show.

So the guy definitely had an issue with me, but what was it, how far did it go back, and why?

I tried ignoring him at first, but his tweets started getting increasingly ominous, including one where he remarked that he "lived near Todd", followed by more angry insults. Other tweets revealed almost encyclopedic knowledge of incidents on Neverwinpoker, Donkdown, and early PFA!

Often he would twist these stories into something different, and would frame them to make me look as bad as possible, but the bottom line was that clearly he had been around NWP since the beginning. BUT WHO WAS IT? And why did he hate me so much?

He also had somewhat of an obsession with Micon, though at this point the Micon obsession seemed to have turned to admiration. He would try to get Micon's attention in tweet replies, but Micon never acknowledged him.

He also tweeted to Brett Richey at one point, and acted as if they knew each other. I asked Brett privately if he knew a Thomas Davis, and he said he did not. Brett did not respond to him publicly.

I now have some answers to the above, but many more questions. I'm hoping some of you might be able to help unravel this mystery.

Continued next post...