Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: *** OFFICIAL *** MLB 2024 Thread

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheesfaced View Post
    Was a good series BCR. Definitely doesn’t feel like we won the series 2-1 but I’ll take it. Your pitching was scary. Mostly shut down the best offense in baseball. Top of our order save for Alibies is slumping badly right now.
    Do you think Acuna is still hurting? He has to be, right? How do you go from 41 HR last year to one (and a .258 average) in over 110 plate appearances?

Matt Olson's bad start is also puzzling.

Silver
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Was a good series BCR. Definitely doesn’t feel like we won the series 2-1 but I’ll take it. Your pitching was scary. Mostly shut down the best offense in baseball. Top of our order save for Alibies is slumping badly right now.
    Do you think Acuna is still hurting? He has to be, right? How do you go from 41 HR last year to one (and a .258 average) in over 110 plate appearances?

Matt Olson's bad start is also puzzling.
    Honestly I don’t think he is hurting. I think it’s possible he may not fully be trusting his knee since it’s the same one he had ACL surgery on and that could be affecting his swing. But more than anything it appears to me his timing is just off and his pitch recognition isn’t where it normally is. His K rate is back up to pre 2023 levels, his exit velocity is down, and barrel rate is way down. But anyone that watches a lot of their favorite baseball team knows you can usually recognize when a player is on the verge of breaking out of a slump. Maybe they start going the other way, or they are starting to square up balls but hit right at a defender, or sometimes they just need a soft bloop to fall in for a hit. Acuña is getting close; for him if he hits it back up the middle 110+ he’s on time. And he finally had one of those yesterday.

Riley’s definitely about to get hot. He’s squaring up a lot of balls but just having bad BABIP luck. Sometimes you can just tell it’s coming.

But Olson? - Sheesh he looks so lost.

All that said I think at the end of the season all their numbers are going to look pretty good save for injury. They’re all too talented not to get going sooner or later. And it helps relieve the pressure when your team is winning despite your lack of contributions. The top of the Dodgers order is unquestionably better, but the Braves lineup is unquestionably deeper.

Load Metric
    Well I wanted competitive and it was certainly that. My boy Gaddis hadn’t given up a single run until this weekend and fell apart in b2b games.

I can’t imagine how many games Braves will win once their best players start hitting.

Load Metric
    The Twins riding an 8 game win streak, although when that is 4 vs the Pale Hose, 3 vs Team Trout, and another vs Chicago, its not all that impressive.

More interesting, and the most Minnesota thing ever, is there is now a Homer....summer sausage.

https://twitter.com/Twins/status/1784710200705872072

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gut View Post
    The Twins riding an 8 game win streak, although when that is 4 vs the Pale Hose, 3 vs Team Trout, and another vs Chicago, its not all that impressive.

More interesting, and the most Minnesota thing ever, is there is now a Homer....summer sausage.

https://twitter.com/Twins/status/1784710200705872072

Whole division with the exception of Sox have been at or above expectation now that Twins made a run. I’m glad the Twins got it together for their fans. Nothing worse than feeling done when you start getting 7 or 8 back in April. Witt and the top half of KC lineup makes them not an easy out either. I started year thinking 85 wins might take division, but the Central has beat up on the AL west.

Load Metric
    Mike Trout to undergo knee surgery.

What could have been.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post

What could have been.
    He really has no business being in CF anymore. Follow Bryce Harpers lead and go 1b/dh

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gut View Post

What could have been.
    He really has no business being in CF anymore. Follow Bryce Harpers lead and go 1b/dh
    Trout outfield or DH - that ship has sailed.

Bryce Harper catcher

What could have been.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    Well I wanted competitive and it was certainly that. My boy Gaddis hadn’t given up a single run until this weekend and fell apart in b2b games.

I can’t imagine how many games Braves will win once their best players start hitting.
    Fuck fuck fuck me. Gaddis again. Was brightest spot of early season and gives up 2 out walk off. He’s from ATL. It’s like he went home for Braves series and found out he was adopted or his high school crush got married.

That one stings +145 and amazing comeback.

Load Metric
    short video about Jesse Chavez... weird story and stats with the Braves...

Load Metric
    All the earlier talk (mainly me) about Boston's pitching has not aged well. What sort of voodoo magic is Breslow doing up there where I now have to know who Kutter Crawford and Tanner Houck are?

Load Metric
    Dropped a few bucks on Elly MVP at 15-1 yesterday.

Not sure he will win but if he plays 150 games he will be top 3

Comments

BCR: …to Gods ear.

Load Metric
    The Guardians need to cut the shit and bring up Manzardo. He is just wasting away in AAA and he would probably bat cleanup for the Redsox. Certinaly bat cleanup for the Whitesox.

Comments

BCR: Comment above belongs here. We need to get Kyle up

Load Metric
    While we are at it with my AAA observations the Rays should bring up Williams and Caminero and move Mead to 2B and probably have picked up 3-4 wins from the start of the season

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Daly View Post

That’s the thing. He needs to settle the fuck down and stop being a human highlight reel or he’s never gonna make it 150. The stupid & interminably long season cannot be played his way unfortunately.

Oh, speaking of which…. Göober Goodell is floating another regular season game thus extending the season to Presidents Day for a Super Bowl on a 3 day weekend. Gay.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Daly View Post

That’s the thing. He needs to settle the fuck down and stop being a human highlight reel or [B]he’s never gonna make it 150.[\B] The stupid & interminably long season cannot be played his way unfortunately.

Oh, speaking of which…. Göober Goodell is floating another regular season game thus extending the season to Presidents Day for a Super Bowl on a 3 day weekend. Gay.

He’s young. Worry about us. My heart is not going to make it 150 either with my fourth straight extra inning game. My in/out is starting to look like a poor mans Ohtani balance sheet.

Load Metric

That’s the thing. He needs to settle the fuck down and stop being a human highlight reel or [B]he’s never gonna make it 150.[\B] The stupid & interminably long season cannot be played his way unfortunately.

He’s young. Worry about us. My heart is not going to make it 150 either with my fourth straight extra inning game. My in/out is starting to look like a poor mans Ohtani balance sheet.
    They are fun as hell.

+145 in the 10th …. it was a good bet last night but sometimes that is no comfort

Comments

BCR: This one is going to sting again. Bases loaded with no outs and can’t get another run across

Load Metric
    Praise Kwan. Kid doing everything.

10 straight Gut. Nice recovery by Twins.

Load Metric
    Praise Kwan. Kid doing everything.

10 straight Gut. Nice recovery by Twins.
    Been a fun ride. As you mentioned earlier in thread, kinda weird right now to be 17-13 and in....4th place....in the central???? Also gotta be the first time ever a team has a 10 game streak, who wasnt in 1st place at the start of it, and didnt change a spot in the standings. 4th place at 7-13, 4th place at 17-13.

I like it. All these years getting (rightfully) shit on for being a shit division....might actually have a wild card team or 2 this year.

Oh also there is this:

https://twitter.com/JomboyMedia/status/1785763991584731174

Comments

BCR: That’s fun video. AL Central being real is crazy. I’m going to need 60 games to believe it. A month ago we were thinking avoid
    Last edited by gut; 05-02-2024 at 09:25 AM.

Load Metric
    I also love Willi Castro. Thank you Detroit for letting him walk a couple years ago.

Baldelli, more than any other manager right now, values pinch-hitting/having the L-R advantage. Most Twins games you will see almost every position player make an appearance. Requires flexible defense. Castro plays everywhere, couple days ago, he started in CF, moved to LF, finished at 3B. His current 127 OPS+ probably will fall, but guys like that make the team go. Seems like a great clubhouse guy also.

Thread Information