Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718 LastLast

Thread: *** OFFICIAL *** MLB 2024 Thread

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gut View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    Praise Kwan. Kid doing everything.

10 straight Gut. Nice recovery by Twins.
    Been a fun ride. As you mentioned earlier in thread, kinda weird right now to be 17-13 and in....4th place....in the central???? Also gotta be the first time ever a team has a 10 game streak, who wasnt in 1st place at the start of it, and didnt change a spot in the standings. 4th place at 7-13, 4th place at 17-13.

I like it. All these years getting (rightfully) shit on for being a shit division....might actually have a wild card team or 2 this year.

Oh also there is this:

https://twitter.com/JomboyMedia/status/1785763991584731174
    Comment meant to read a month ago we were pondering which AAA team could win the division.

Load Metric
    You following the Cleveland Houston handicap tonight?

Oddly, it’s HOU -130 for me
    - half the wins compared to CLE
    - HOU starter sporting a nifty 11 ERA

4 straight extras - bullpen fried
    Mr Beede is prolly your ace (lol)
    There is gonna be human sacrifice if things go south for Cleveland. Gonna have to stay out there and take a beating for the team. (Gotta give some thought on how to target this )

I used my DK up 2 on it too. fwiw

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post

There is gonna be human sacrifice if things go south for Cleveland. Gonna have to stay out there and take a beating for the team. (Gotta give some thought on how to target this )

I bet them late/early at +114. Not very big, just thought line would move more. I bet more on first 5 +110 for the bullpen issues you mentioned. Action pretty much split even between 2.

I’m just in blind bet mode at any + number as long as they continue to keep rolling.

Load Metric

I bet them late/early at +114. Not very big, just thought line would move more. I bet more on first 5 +110 for the bullpen issues you mentioned. Action pretty much split even between 2.

I’m just in blind bet mode at any + number as long as they continue to keep rolling.
    Gonna be an interesting game. In the grand scheme it’s a meaningless spot for Cleveland. We are much more invested tonight than the Guards are.

You ever detect “Bo knows” in town?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Kind of the wrong thread for this discussion (should be in Wagering), but I'll allow it.

The CLE/HOU game tonight has some weird elements. You have an unexpectedly bad Houston team which, despite their 10-20 record, still might get over it and break out any time. You have a Tribe team which is better than expected so far, with the reverse record (20-10).

Both pitchers have issues. Logan Allen (not to be confused with the one in Arizona) has allowed 6 HR in 31 innings, has given up 3+ runs in 5 of 6 starts, and threw only 48/91 pitches for strikes in his last outing. Through 30 starts dating back to last year, his career WHIP is about 1.4. Ouch.

Then Houston has Spencer Arrighetti, a rookie with an 11 ERA through 3 starts, who inexplicably kept his rotation position when Verlander came back. The only upside? He struck out 7 batters in 3 2/3 innings (!!) in his last outing, but also gave up 7 hits and 2 walks. He's actually fanned 15 in just over 10 innings of work thus far, yet has given up 18 hits and 7 walks. Think 2022-23 Hunter Greene, who was dominant with the strikeouts, but otherwise wasn't getting the job done. Greene seems to be finally coming around in 2024.

Anyway, Sanlmar I'm surprised you're not F5 overing this one. Between Logan Allen's general ineffectiveness and Arrigetti's tendency to give up hits and walk people, this looks like something with a high total after 5.

Load Metric
    Cleveland’s bullpen is absolutely gassed after 4 consecutive extra innings. I want to target that if I’m HOU

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Cleveland’s bullpen is absolutely gassed after 4 consecutive extra innings. I want to target that if I’m HOU
    That's not a bad point.

I think my issue here is that in MLB, when one team goes to a blowout lead early, it's common for both offenses to kinda shut down in the second half of the game. How often have you seen games which are 7-0 after 4 innings, which end up 8-1 or something?

It's like the hitters just stop trying on both sides, and just want to get the game overwith. There's also the lack of attempt to manufacture runs at that point.

I think when you have two shit starters, the over F5 thing is the best play.

However I see it's O5 -130 in most place which I fucking hate, because I really don't like -130ish juice on totals.

I see Bovada has 5.5 +100 so I'm going to throw caution to the wind and fire that. Hopefully it doesn't end up 3-2 after 5.

Load Metric
    It’s ironic you use 8-1. May 1st CLE was down 8-3 after 5 inn and came storming back with 5 runs in the 6th. Ultimately lost 10-9 but CLE is one of those teams that can manufacture runs instead of 3 outcome.

Hopefully not today

Name:  IMG_8932.jpeg
Views: 38
Size:  157.1 KB

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    And yeah, Buehler is a candidate to get bombed on Monday.

21 rehab innings in the minors, ERA over 4 with a WHIP of 1.62. Ouch. And decreased velocity.

Kinda feels like they're trotting him out there because they're just tired of waiting for him to get better, and because they have a back-of-the-rotation issue right now anyway. Maaaybe Landon Knack is the answer, and maybe Bobby Miller returns soon, but otherwise it's a parade of failpitchers beyond Yamamoto and Glasnow.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Astros just blew a big chance to have a big inning and win by bet. Now after 3 it's only 3 runs, so I'm not in the best shape.

Load Metric
    Hate seeing my boy Beede get cranked but the game is following script …. CLE out of options

Son tells me he was in Japan with a new born baby. What a life adventure fr

Load Metric
    Hate seeing my boy Beede get cranked but the game is following script …. CLE out of options
    Yeah, Arias doing no one any favors in CF. Didn’t matter as next guy would have scored him. This scorer for Astros is cracking me up. The Guardians have 3 errors and charged with none. Glad the five inning won.

Load Metric
    Yeah, Arias doing no one any favors in CF. Didn’t matter as next guy would have scored him. This scorer for Astros is cracking me up. The Guardians have 3 errors and charged with none. Glad the five inning won.
    Beede earning his $1.5m as a sacrificial lamb

Is there another Naylor brother who pitches?

Comments

BCR: Haha. I wish. There is one. First round pick last year by Oakland I think.

Load Metric

That’s big $ for us. He’s 10th on the team and second highest paid reliever besides Clase. Big off-season move for Guardians.

Load Metric

That’s big $ for us. He’s 10th on the team and second highest paid reliever besides Clase. Big off-season move for Guardians.
    Occasionally I get them right.

Are you DK BCR?

Load Metric

Not a pitcher

Load Metric

Are you DK BCR?

Sometimes, but betrivers more often. Depends which way line is moving. DK and ESPN move and Betrivers lags it by 30-45 minutes. Anytime you say something was +150, now +132, Betrivers will still be +150.

Load Metric

Are you DK BCR?

Sometimes, but betrivers more often. Depends which way line is moving. DK and ESPN move and Betrivers lags it by 30-45 minutes. Anytime you say something was +150, now +132, Betrivers will still be +150.
    I cooked up a SGP cause of the 50% promo. +555. Sometimes I feel like sharing but I generally think it’s a waste of time posting.

The HOU +2.5 alt PL leg is classic nitty Sanlmar

Name:  IMG_8921.png
Views: 36
Size:  637.3 KB

I read the FanDuel earnings report and they were crowing about their SGP growth and saw that as a positive for earnings going forward. I am well aware they are trash but you give me 50%

Comments

BCR: Very nice.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gut View Post
    All the earlier talk (mainly me) about Boston's pitching has not aged well. What sort of voodoo magic is Breslow doing up there where I now have to know who Kutter Crawford and Tanner Houck are?

I see the Twins are running their 10 straight up against Houck tonight. Hopefully you fare better than Tribe did. He threw a complete game 94 pitch shutout against us where he was unhittable. Then came out and went 7 with 1 ER a week later. Kid has been really good.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Andy Pages goes 4-for-5 and helps the Dodgers nip the Braves in 11 innings.

He's an underrated prospect. Hit well at every single level, but he had a setback last year with an injury. No matter, he got right back on the horse, and is now hitting (and defending) well for the Dodgers. This was needed, given the team's surprisingly weak outfield. The big guys are all in the infield and DH (Betts, Ohtani, Freeman, Smith, and Muncy), aside from OF Teoscar Hernandez.

Pages was once a top-100 prospect, but fell off the radar, and nobody really thought about him in 2024 (except me, as I had him on fantasy reserve).

Thread Information