Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415 LastLast

Thread: *** OFFICIAL *** MLB 2024 Thread

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gut View Post
    Meanwhile I'm watching the Twins like it was me as a kid playing Oregon Trail. Correa joins Lewis on DL, there goes the left side of the infield before even reaching Independence Pass.

Buxton out hunting rabbits, I'm sure he'll get dysentery next. Down to Pablo and Joe Ryan and 1 ox and 20 lbs of food.

Im mad becuase i got a couple of bowman shares of Brooks Lee. If he wasnt hurt he would be up

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Daly View Post
    Meanwhile I'm watching the Twins like it was me as a kid playing Oregon Trail. Correa joins Lewis on DL, there goes the left side of the infield before even reaching Independence Pass.

Buxton out hunting rabbits, I'm sure he'll get dysentery next. Down to Pablo and Joe Ryan and 1 ox and 20 lbs of food.

Im mad becuase i got a couple of bowman shares of Brooks Lee. If he wasnt hurt he would be up
    Got Walker Jenkins also? He got hurt in first game down in A ball. Neverending story.

Load Metric
    I wish MLB had jackie robinson day shoved up it's f#cking ass.
    Save a Cow - Eat a Vegetarian, they're grass-fed.

Load Metric
    We just fired off a little in Texas +103 ML. Going to bottom of 2nd, so one less at bat reason for better price. Gray looked dominating in first. Striking out side on 16 pitches. I can’t resist the day game sweats.

Should have wanted a minute. Lead off triple took it up to +124. Gray worked out of it with 2 more k’s.

Comments

Sanlmar: ✅

Load Metric
    I cannot comprehend Braves -120 vs Hunter Brown Astros. Should be -150. F5 is actually the correct pick imo.

Today is Sizzler Day (every day is actually). KC exposure in whatever way you can find peace with those odds and your god. WEATHER

Dodgers vs a lefty again. Fascinating. Corbin Burnes no no? Ploppies piling into Dodgers -290 blind while they wait for the bus from Oklahoma to arrive

I heard but haven’t looked yet. Apparently someone took a fangraphs top pitchers 1-15 and only 2 pitchers who throw over 96mph are still active this year
    Last edited by Sanlmar; 04-16-2024 at 10:23 AM.

Load Metric
    I’m part of a MLB chat group headed by a Boston guy. Everyone is younger than me. Clearly a lotta of kids.

We were joking about Corbin Burnes pitching a no no and I said the Dodgers lineup against lefties was “Special Olympics”. The woke hate rained down on me.

I have occasionally lapsed into the use of old school Boston “retahd” and have been similarly crucified by the young tots. Kids never seen Good Will Hunting or Ted. Prolly never even heard of those movies actually.

Showing my age. I am a flawed human.

Load Metric
    Well that went to shit. On your Braves first 5 San -117

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    I’m part of a MLB chat group headed by a Boston guy. Everyone is younger than me. Clearly a lotta of kids.

We were joking about Corbin Burnes pitching a no no and I said the Dodgers lineup against lefties was “Special Olympics”. The woke hate rained down on me.

I have occasionally lapsed into the use of old school Boston “retahd” and have been similarly crucified by the young tots. Kids never seen Good Will Hunting or Ted. Prolly never even heard of those movies actually.

Showing my age. I am a flawed human.
    It's retarded that we can't say retard.

Retard = stupid, we have a million other terms/descriptions for people with disabilities.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Daly View Post

Got Walker Jenkins also? He got hurt in first game down in A ball. Neverending story.

No i plan too like 99% of everyone else with a cardboard addiction. Jenkins is the conheadline in 2024 bowman that is coming out on May 8th. Him and Dylan Crews first bowman autographs will be out. I know people who have 3-6K set aside to get some of Jenkins autographed rookies.

Load Metric
    I wont fag up the thread with it but i have spent the last 18 months getting back into “the hobby”.

You guys think I am crazy for the amount of knowledge i have on college football players Ive gone over the top on Minor League Baseball…. And unapologetically so. Could care less about MLB box scores but every morning I read minor leagues.

Sending these out for sale. Pulled that Wyatt Langford on Christmas. Got offered $500 that day and $700 that week. Got it graded in stead and got the Dime. Got offered $1600. Sold it last week for $2200.

Crazy hobby

Name:  E36DAFE8-F75A-4787-9B12-5EFDF238A1A3.jpeg
Views: 131
Size:  4.30 MB

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    After a nice start, the Dodgers are in the toilet and have fallen to 11-8. They lost to the Nationals last night, with Glasnow pitching, as a -375 favorite.

Even worse, their years-long pattern of being unstoppable at home (at least during the regular season) seems to be broken. They're just 7-5 there so far, and not against great teams.

Among other things, the middle relief is terrible, and the back of the lineup isn't producing.

They're bringing up rookie Andy Pages. I've had him stashed in my fantasy reserve for years. He's 23, and has a high ceiling. Off to a great start in AAA this year. They've decided that they're done waiting for Jason Heyward's back to heal. There's also the other issue that Heyward might return to pre-2023 form. Also, given that Heyward is 6'5" and 34 years old, the back problems might be persistent.

Anyway, the Dodgers could really use a back of the lineup spark right now. Not sure if Pages will be it, and he doesn't hit righties nearly as well as he does lefties, so I guess we will see.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    Well that went to shit. On your Braves first 5 San -117
    MLB is closer to a session of poker than anything else. Volume and edges.

Target both meh pitchers with F5 BTTS 2 runs +150 (DK)

Comments

BCR: Just like you drew it up. Win is a win is a win.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    After a nice start, the Dodgers are in the toilet and have fallen to 11-8. They lost to the Nationals last night, with Glasnow pitching, as a -375 favorite.

Even worse, their years-long pattern of being unstoppable at home (at least during the regular season) seems to be broken. They're just 7-5 there so far, and not against great teams.

Among other things, the middle relief is terrible, and the back of the lineup isn't producing.

They're bringing up rookie Andy Pages. I've had him stashed in my fantasy reserve for years. He's 23, and has a high ceiling. Off to a great start in AAA this year. They've decided that they're done waiting for Jason Heyward's back to heal. There's also the other issue that Heyward might return to pre-2023 form. Also, given that Heyward is 6'5" and 34 years old, the back problems might be persistent.

Anyway, the Dodgers could really use a back of the lineup spark right now. Not sure if Pages will be it, and he doesn't hit righties nearly as well as he does lefties, so I guess we will see.
    Simmer down, Todger. It’s early in the season. The Dodgers will win the West by like 10 games and then tank in the playoffs due to lack of quality pitching. Book it.

Comments

Sanlmar: I laughed. You got us but the ragtime is all we have. Reg season so meaningless

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayjami View Post

Simmer down, Todger. It’s early in the season. The Dodgers will win the West by like 10 games and then tank in the playoffs due to lack of quality pitching. Book it.
    You're missing the point I'm making.

This will be a microcosm of the postseason.

Yes, they will probably go like 39-11 sometime in the middle of the season and run away with the division.

But the issues we see today will rear their ugly heads in the playoffs, just like they did last year.

So I guess we agree.

Comments

Jayjami: Lol. We’ve both seen this movie before.

Load Metric
    Can’t pull the trigger on my tribe today. Shocked they aren’t bigger dogs. Cookie has flirted with disaster this season kept together with duct tape. I’ll just have to pull for an unexpected win, but can’t bet on it.

I’m worried for your boy Beede. Struggling.

Load Metric
    Can’t pull the trigger on my tribe today. Shocked they aren’t bigger dogs. Cookie has flirted with disaster this season kept together with duct tape. I’ll just have to pull for an unexpected win, but can’t bet on it.

Cookie is straight trash but Sawks have only $7m on the field today. Crummy weather

Beede a little over his head but good for him. Fun journey.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post

Cookie is straight trash but Sawks have only $7m on the field today. Crummy weather

Beede a little over his head but good for him. Fun journey.

The Sawks 3-4-5 hitters have a combined 23 homers in their careers. Combined. Careers.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    As if more couldn't go wrong for the Rockies...

That's the Rockies hitting coach.

Now the FAA is investigating: https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/...ting-faa-probe

This isn't really a big deal, though. The plane was one autopilot, the whole thing was clearly a photo/video gag, and the real pilot was sitting in the co-pilot's seat. It's not like they gave this guy the controls, or let him actually help fly the plane.

I understand that, especially since 9/11, they shouldn't allow non-crew into the cockpit during flight, and especially not in the pilot's chair. But was there any actual danger? Short of this dude going suicidal, knowing how to take over, and being able to overpower the 3 people in there who would try to stop him, not really. And I don't see the Rockies hitting coach being a murder-suicidal maniac.

Pretty dumb of the pilot to allow this though.

Load Metric
    As if more couldn't go wrong for the Rockies...

That's the Rockies hitting coach.

Now the FAA is investigating: https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/...ting-faa-probe

This isn't really a big deal, though. The plane was one autopilot, the whole thing was clearly a photo/video gag, and the real pilot was sitting in the co-pilot's seat. It's not like they gave this guy the controls, or let him actually help fly the plane.

I understand that, especially since 9/11, they shouldn't allow non-crew into the cockpit during flight, and especially not in the pilot's chair. But was there any actual danger? Short of this dude going suicidal, knowing how to take over, and being able to overpower the 3 people in there who would try to stop him, not really. And I don't see the Rockies hitting coach being a murder-suicidal maniac.

Pretty dumb of the pilot to allow this thought.
    When I was a young, it was common practice to allow kids in the cockpit. All you had to do was ask. They’d give you plastic wings to pin on your shirt. It was cool. I wanted to be a pilot as I kid. Good thing I didn’t. I’m absent minded as fuck. I would have ended up killing myself.

Load Metric
    Which team has the most strikeouts in the MLB? Too easy. Billion dollar Dodgers

Which team has a 3 outcome approach at the plate with multiple men on base. Yup. Swing for the fences. Friedman analytics.

Which team has the best record in baseball? BCR knows.

Cleveland Bibee to record a win vs Oakland +140 is a good bet. Even on a squirrelly MLB Sunday

We doing up 2 early plus money dog vs Dodgers again? Gotta look. Funny it’s Glasnow. Weird.

Mets over 3.5 +105
    Last edited by Sanlmar; 04-21-2024 at 09:21 AM.

Thread Information