Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: INVESTING- Stocks, mutual funds and IRAs

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Goodpoop View Post

It’s in my gambling account in case it goes meme. I mostly have dividend and qqq for retirement.

I do love selling covered calls for disposable income.
    What is qqq?

Also, I do like following Sunoco (SUN) gas stock, It is in my Tier 2 ranking and returning about 6.5% Watching them, they seem like a long term winner.

Im still watching Verizon (VZ) and curious how they are going to pan out. I am hoping Druff starts watching them and then advises me down the line on what he thinks.

A female friend likes AMD stock, I would like to follow it when I get a chance, but seems too volatile.

Silver
    Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by desertrunner View Post

It’s in my gambling account in case it goes meme. I mostly have dividend and qqq for retirement.

I do love selling covered calls for disposable income.
    What is qqq?

Also, I do like following Sunoco (SUN) gas stock, It is in my Tier 2 ranking and returning about 6.5% Watching them, they seem like a long term winner.

Im still watching Verizon (VZ) and curious how they are going to pan out. I am hoping Druff starts watching them and then advises me down the line on what he thinks.

A female friend likes AMD stock, I would like to follow it when I get a chance, but seems too volatile.
    Invesco QQQ is the NASDAQ ETF. It's just like the SPY for the S&P. The QQQ is a little more volatile b/c it holds a lot of tech but the top 10 holdings of the QQQ and SPY are a lot alike. MSFT, Apple, Nvidia, Amazon, Meta, Costco, Tesla, Alphabet ect...

If you are relatively new to investing it's very hard to beat QQQ or SPY by picking individual stocks. If you follow W.Buffet he says this a lot. He even recently advised to by the spy vs Berkshire.

I have a few hundo shares of VZ and still don't know about it. It pays a nice dividend but I like a little growth with that amount of risk.

Some of my top holding now beside QQQ are Msft, LMT, JNJ, Pepsi, KO, XOM, Amgen, Ni, CSX, UNH. These are old man stocks.

I like AMD but it can be volatile.

I sell a lot of covered calls off QQQ. It keeps me active without going crazy.

Comments

desertrunner:

Load Metric
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    [QUOTE=Goodpoop;1119899]

I have a few hundo shares of VZ and still don't know about it. It pays a nice dividend but I like a little growth with that amount of risk.

Some of my top holding now beside QQQ are Msft, LMT, JNJ, Pepsi, KO, XOM, Amgen, Ni, CSX, UNH. These are old man stocks.

I like AMD but it can be volatile.
    Ahh, two that I like and follow- XOM and VZ.

Thanks for the info on all of the other stuff. I have been a very small and conservative investor for a long time. I know Druff is working on some stuff and I want to follow him as it will be interesting.

Comments

splitthis: Wat no tine? Lol.

Load Metric
    The world is/was selling puts for income. Market never goes down. There are idiot income etfs that do this for you. Make a little income in what seems like guaranteed risk free income.

0 days to expiration options and all kinds of ploppie extremism

Until it blows up. Some kind of gamma squeeze. And people die.

Oh wait, I’m late with the news

Silver
    Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    The world is/was selling puts for income. Market never goes down. There are idiot income etfs that do this for you. Make a little income in what seems like guaranteed risk free income.

0 days to expiration options and all kinds of ploppie extremism

Until it blows up. Some kind of gamma squeeze. And people die.

Oh wait, I’m late with the news
    I’ve sold puts but prefer selling calls. Selling puts on Qqq or spy has a lot less risk. The yield max funds are hilarious.

0 DTE are when you can’t make it to the craps table.

Comments

Sanlmar: goody knows

Load Metric

Can you please get more specific on XOM and VZ? How long have you had them, why do you like them and are they a long term hold. Do you feel strong on both of them?

Thank you for answering me on this, I'd really like to hear what you think on them.

Silver
    Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Can you please get more specific on XOM and VZ? How long have you had them, why do you like them and are they a long term hold. Do you feel strong on both of them?

Thank you for answering me on this, I'd really like to hear what you think on them.
    I bought XOM end of last year. I think around 100 per share. I didn’t have any oil stocks and xom is a dividend king. Probably not the greatest growth but solid with it 3% dividend. I just looked I guess I’m up 20%

I’ve had VZ for a long time so I’m down. The 6.5% is nice but I’m not thrilled with the company. A lot of competition.

If you like energy look at Ni. Electric and gas. It pays 3.7% dividend and I believe has a lot of growth potential. I got a Merrill Lynch guy that likes it but had it before him.

Of course I like QQQ and it’s down 5% this week. Probably should buy more now.

When is Druff going to comment?

Comments

desertrunner: Thank you!!

Thread Information