Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Obama vs. Romney Debates

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by TUFFTURF View Post
    With two hundred and seventy votes in the electoral college needed for victory, projections based on recent polling show the President winning at least three hundred votes, and possibly quite a few more.

Name:  
Views: 
Size:

It's sad to see Romney as the other choice for President, when both choices suck equally. This is why the two party system is stupid and corrupt.
    The thing is, take the map that you posted above, but give Florida, Ohio, and Virginia all to Romney, and he still loses. He'll have to pick up all of FLOHVA and then a state like CO or IA, which will be very difficult.

And I disagree that a two-party system is stupid and "corrupt". When you have more than 2 parties, then you have a candidate who can get elected who two-thirds of the country dislikes.

The two-party system is by far the superior system, ainec.
    TRUMP 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post
    Just non-stop unrelenting LGBT propaganda being shoved down our throats.

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by PLOL View Post
    When you have more than 2 parties, then you have a candidate who can get elected who two-thirds of the country dislikes.
    The same thing happens in a 2-party system. A lot of people vote for candidates they don't like because they have no better alternatives. This video is very dumbed down, but it does a nice job of highlighting a flaw in our voting system and why devolving into a two-party system is inevitable.

Here's another one that proposes a voting system that I think is much better.

EDIT: I guess that's essentially runoff voting. I've heard there's major flaws with that too, but I'm not sure what they are. Hm...
    Last edited by SrslySirius; 10-05-2012 at 02:43 PM.

Load Metric
    Romney is not going to win Ohio. Usually it feels really in play, and I wasn't even confident despite the polls in '08, but I feel it's solidly blue right now. The economy, while it sucks everywhere, is surprisingly doing well in Ohio by comparison.

It's kind of funny as Presidents usually get blamed for shit they don't control, but in this case Obama is getting a lot of credit for things like the auto bailout, which he certainly was part of and would have done, but was actually began by Bush. What's even funnier is Romney has constantly blamed Obama saying he did the bailout, when in reality the first checks were cut in October '08, and his constant bashing of Obama's bailout has worked to strengthen Obama in Ohio as most people don't really pay that much attention and the bailouts are generally viewed as successful, particularly to those whose jobs were saved by it. He should have been taking credit for it on behalf of Republicans rather than bashing it, but he was trying to win the Republican nomination and not thinking of the presidential. Shale, which one doesn't equate with Democrats ideologically, has also brought a lot of money in areas. So in this instance, people just aren't that dissatisfied right now, and Obama is being helped by things that are only partially his doing.

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by RobbieBensonFan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SixToedPete View Post
    Bureau of Labor Statistics releases phony employment stats.

Jake Welsh warned something dishonest like this would happen after Obama's poor debate performance.

JACK WELCH: Obama Is Manipulating The Jobs Numbers Because His Debate Performance Was Awful...

Jobs Report Met with Skepticism...

Meet the Obama Donors at the Bureau of Labor Statistics...
    Either way old man, your MediCAID / Medicare is cut. Just best at this point to buy supplies and live in the Tundra and go out like a respectable old man.

So long SixToedPete!
    Another immature troll post from a guy whose favorite actor was semi-popular in the 1970's. This guy posts the boring drivel of a teenager but he might be older than me.

Anyway, I have never used Medicaid which by the way does not have a minimum age requirement. Medicaid is a state administered program for low income people.

I have also never used Medicare which is a federal health insurance program for seniors. I am too young to be eligible for Medicare. It will be many years before I am eligible but when the time comes, like you, I will check it out.

Banned
    Load Metric
    Polls taken post Obama vs. Romney Debate 1 reveal quite a change.

This Rasmussen data is very interesting:

Romney leads in 11 swing states...

American Research Group has Romney taking the lead in Ohio...

As of today, PA, WISC, MICH now in play?

The President's awful debate performance on top of Obama's brewing campaign finance scandal and his Libyan Embassy debacle cover-up have the White House so worried they haven't held a press briefing in the last 15 days.

Obama has been giving speeches about Big Bird though.

This Presidential race is getting very, very interesting.

Banned
    Load Metric
    Next Tuesday will be round 2 of the Presidential debates.

Does anyone know if this upcoming debate will be the Town Hall format?

Anyway, today we learned some more bad news for Obama.

Romney Lands Lohan Endorsement, Actress Cites Need for New Economic Plan

Lindsay Lohan came out in support of Mitt Romney yesterday.

While most would, at first glance, write this off as gossip, it's the latest instance of an evolving trend that jeopardizes President Obama's chance at winning the White House.

Lohan, by all accounts, is a typical low-information voter. And low information voters, like it or not, will decide this election.

read rest of article

Name:  lindsay-lohan1.jpg
Views: 177
Size:  12.9 KB

Load Metric

While most would, at first glance, write this off as gossip, it's the latest instance of an evolving trend that jeopardizes President Obama's chance at winning the White House.

Lohan, by all accounts, is a typical low-information voter. And low information voters, like it or not, will decide this election.

read rest of article

Name:  small_6.jpg
Views: 174
Size:  34.2 KB

I don't think even the zaniest of humans could suggest that Lindsay Lohan's endorsement is remotely relevant.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post

read rest of article

I don't think even the zaniest of humans could suggest that Lindsay Lohan's endorsement is remotely relevant.
    Neither is Alec Baldwin's or Tim Robbins, but they still feel inclined to give it. Most actors feel the need to puke out their political views like we should care. You played a guy who refused to be raped in that prison movie awhile ago, Tim. That doesn't make you qualified to tell me who should lead the country. Be an actor. Act. Keep your mouth shut about your politics. Assholes.
    Quote Originally Posted by 408Mike View Post
    Vegas is there any chance I can buy you some steaks and mail them to you or something?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord of the Fraud View Post
    I do believe Iraq was a huge mistake
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord of the Fraud View Post
    Why the fuck is the world (cough US) allowing these backward fuckers have nukes.

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post

read rest of article

Sloppy Joe, I agree with you but if you read that article I think you'll admit that the writer makes a compelling argument about why an air head like Lindsay Lohan just might make a difference. She represents an army of low-information voters.

Thread Information