The guy was horrible.

The reasoning for my play was that I played with him awhile, and he always 3-bet pre ace-anything, a pair, or big cards, and in fact also sometimes just randomly 3-bet shit.

So there was zero-point-zero chance he had an ace on the flop, and the third ace on the turn made it even less likely, if less than zero is an option.

However, I didn't want to bloat the pot if he flopped the 6, which was very possible, and indeed would have induced that flop raise. Also, he might try to get funny and re-pop me if he just had the 6 and felt I was bluffing.

So I just committed to show down that JT pretty much no matter what fell, because I thought there was a fair chance he had two shit cards. The only hands I was worried about were Qx, Kx, and any 6. The A on the turn was great (only thing better would have been a jack or ten, which I would have check raised), as it didn't give him a chance to hit a trash pair if he previously had nothing. The nice thing about the river was that my kicker played, and I had the nut jack-high.

I actually felt there was an above 50% chance that my JT was good without improving.