Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Nicky Pipes Supports Dan Druff, Who Did Nothing Wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Online Veteran View Post
    Well, I had typed something out and then tried to add a smiley face. When I did that, this 1997 software put me in an alternate universe and erased everything. Anyway, I just wanted to say I appreciate your response. If you don't have a PhD in something, I would be shocked. I don't want to hijack this thread any further, so I will just say thank you for being honest and humble about your world view. A lot of non theist are not consistent with their view on objective moral values and duties. In the words of my favorite actor Bill Bixby: Take care, my friend.
    LMAO at online veteran averaging 5 posts/year! Keep it up champ!

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by PROUDBOY MAGA 2024 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Online Veteran View Post
    Well, I had typed something out and then tried to add a smiley face. When I did that, this 1997 software put me in an alternate universe and erased everything. Anyway, I just wanted to say I appreciate your response. If you don't have a PhD in something, I would be shocked. I don't want to hijack this thread any further, so I will just say thank you for being honest and humble about your world view. A lot of non theist are not consistent with their view on objective moral values and duties. In the words of my favorite actor Bill Bixby: Take care, my friend.
    LMAO at online veteran averaging 5 posts/year! Keep it up champ!
    Bill Bixby trending on PFA

Harry Nilsson just as obscure

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NickyPipes View Post
    Brothers, Dan Druff did nothing wrong and has the full and complete support of Nicky Pipes and his team.

Brothers there is nothing wrong with sharing your opinion.

Brother it is not appropriate to "force" somebody to "apologize" for sharing their "opinion" on a "matter"

Many on this forum show continued disloyalty during "tough times", this is not an attribute that Nicky Pipes respects.

Never forget what Nicky Pipes told you.
    Brother he was getting bodied and eviscerated like William Wallace at the end of Braveheart.

Unlike Mel Gibson yelling a guttural 'freedom' before getting beheaded, he wisely chose the route of 'mercy' via takedown and a white whale, full throated APOLOGY toward a woman, as rare a sight as any around these parts.

Brother it's personal growth that we should commend.

Yes, another victim of being cancelled by the woke mob but preserving 8th tier status requires room reading and humility, and for that brother he has won.

Buckle up faggots, time to hone that incel misogyny eep that Druff perfected last year.

PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Gold
    Load Metric
    She posted a hospital pic I see

Load Metric
    She posted a hospital pic I see
    Brother 'lyin' Lafay' is a top PFA adversary whose shameless attempts at grifting led Druff to be labeled as a misogynist bully of cancer patients.

Having cancer would suck a lot tho.
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Jami seems to legitimately have cancer.

However, she's also had it for 20 years (by her own admission), and she's been milking it ever since. People on Twitter had a very hard time with this concept. The simpletons there either took the position of "the cancer is fake" or "the cancer is real and therefore you can't question her".

Relatively few landed on the correct answer of, "The cancer is real but manageable, and that doesn't justify lying about tons of shit in order to get WSOP stakes".

Not surprising that with WSOP 7 weeks away, we are seeing more and more cancer talk again.

Comments

Tellafriend: Not surprising that with WSOP 7 weeks away, we are seeing more and more cancer talk again.

Gold
    Load Metric
    It’s one thing to ask for $
    It’s another thing to ask for poker $

You agree yes or no?

Comments

Sanlmar: Story reduced to its essence

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

You agree yes or no?
    Yes, I agree. The whole thing is a grift.

Sucks she's had to deal with cancer for 20 years, but that doesn't automatically entitle you to poker stakes. There's lots of people out there much sicker than she is, and none of them are getting staked for that reason.

My issue was that her Gofundme was full of lies and exaggerations. If it were just something like, "I've had this cancer since my early 20s, it sucks, I have to keep getting procedures and surgeries to manage it when everyone else my age is relatively healthy. If you'd like to help me out with some poker stakes, I'd really appreciate it", I'd have never brought this up.

You can ask for money all you want, just be honest about it.

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

You agree yes or no?

Sucks she's had to deal with cancer for 20 years, but that doesn't automatically entitle you to poker stakes. There's lots of people out there much sicker than she is, and none of them are getting staked for that reason.

My issue was that her Gofundme was full of lies and exaggerations. If it were just something like, "I've had this cancer since my early 20s, it sucks, I have to keep getting procedures and surgeries to manage it when everyone else my age is relatively healthy. If you'd like to help me out with some poker stakes, I'd really appreciate it", I'd have never brought this up.

Cancer fuckin' sucks. I dealt with it from '18-'22. I've been healthy more than 2 years now. I do remember distinctly that I was emotionally weak and did and said things I otherwise never would have and so to see someone acting strangely like this is not much of a surprise to me. However, there is something to be said for maintaining certain levels of personal dignity and self respect.

Publicly asking for money is something I never did or would do, cancer or no cancer. I find it to be shameless. Only my mom, brother, sister and best pal know the extent to which I suffered.

Gold
    Load Metric
    I respect country a lot

Maybe one day I’ll be as strong of a man and as good of a dad as him

That’s a good life brother

Comments

country978: thank you brother. I have a lot of flaws but begging from strangers won't ever be one of them. I'd just as soon swallow a lethal dose of pills. I appreciate you a lot.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by country978 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

Cancer fuckin' sucks. I dealt with it from '18-'22. I've been healthy more than 2 years now. I do remember distinctly that I was emotionally weak and did and said things I otherwise never would have and so to see someone acting strangely like this is not much of a surprise to me. However, there is something to be said for maintaining certain levels of personal dignity and self respect.

Publicly asking for money is something I never did or would do, cancer or no cancer. I find it to be shameless. Only my mom, brother, sister and best pal know the extent to which I suffered.
    Glad you're better.

I admire people who are able to swallow their pride and ask for help, obviously when it's sincerely needed and not for something gratuitous like card playing.

A serious health situation in America will easily bankrupt over half of the population. Jobless Druff recently mentioned he pays over $1,000 per month, no way poors can budget that

Comments

country978: thank you brother. I feel great. Ran 3 miles today and will be swimming again just as soon as the lakes warm up.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Saw a guy at an intersection today with a sign asking for funeral money for a leukemia victim.

I don't think it was Lafay.

Brothers, the point is, don't leukemia, please.

Silver
    Load Metric
    I took my mum to see my aunt in a hospice yesterday, she was awake / passing out etc ..
    while she was awake she said to my uncle I wish I never married you , you’ve ruined my life !
    Then fell asleep. No smoke without fire ?

Comments

tigerpiper: spot on
    cmoney :It would be nice if Mexico could simply get human feces out of its drinking water

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    It varies by state, but in most places it is not difficult to get a either an individual healthcare subsidy (Obamacare) if you're poor/semi-poor, or full health care coverage from the gubbmint if you're really poor.

Or, as they used to say prior to Obamacare, "The US healthcare system only works well if you're rich or really poor. It's the middle class who is fucked."

Since Obamacare, now the lower-middle and even the middle-class can get subsidies and not be stuck with the $1k premium I pay. I also have a higher premium due to being old. If I were 25, it wouldn't cost nearly as much.

I do know various poor/semi-poor people who don't have health insurance because they simply didn't bother to sign up and get the subsidies. That's actually a pretty big problem. It's not super easy to do, and a lot of these people kinda live for the moment and don't think much about healthcare until they get sick. They come to me and tell me about some $25k bill they got for their recent hospital stay, and ask what they can do about it. I start explaining how the insurance can cover it and how to do that, and then they interrupt and sheepishly tell me, "Actually I have no insurance." When I ask why, stating that they would qualify for it for free or extremely cheap via Obamacare, the answer is always something like, "I don't know, I just never looked into it."

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by YUUP View Post
    I took my mum to see my aunt in a hospice yesterday, she was awake / passing out etc ..
    while she was awake she said to my uncle I wish I never married you , you’ve ruined my life !
    Then fell asleep. No smoke without fire ?

that's seriously fucked up.

hope he realizes it was the morphine mixed with ativan that caused her to speak like that.

poor guy. no one deserves that. even if true.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    My grandmother on my mom's side died in 1999. She was very lucid and sharp until her final year, when a circulation issue in her leg eventually started choking off blood flow to her brain. This is eventually what killed her, but it also brought on a rapid onset of dementia. By the time she died, she was almost completely unaware of her surroundings. They amputated her leg at the end, in a vain attempt to save her. She never even realized her leg was gone.

She was the only grandparent I got to know really well, as two were gone by the time I was 4, and the other passed when I was 9. Benjamin is more fortunate, as he was born with 3 grandparents, and all 3 remain healthy, including both of my parents.

Anyway, my mom was with her about 2 days before she died. She didn't recognize my mom. She was not coherent in any of her responses. My mom tried to just keep talking to her, but she either got a blank stare or mumbling which made no sense.

About 30 minutes into this, with not a quality moment to be found, my mom continued making conversation, this time saying, "Oh, and Todd just broke up with his girlfriend."

All of a sudden my grandmother's eyes opened fully, she smiled, and said, "That's great! I never liked her! I didn't think she was good for him. He made the right decision!"

Excited to get such a lucid response, my mom tried to continue the conversation.

My grandmother just stared blankly and mumbled again. That was the last coherent statement she ever made. Two days later, she passed away.

Oddly, she had never once stated prior to that an objection to my girlfriend.

This phenomenon of dementia is weird. People will have brief moments where they can appear completely normal, and then go back into a total fog seconds later.

Comments

Tellafriend:

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Comments

garrett: lol

Load Metric
    How do you manage to get unblocked?
    PokerfraudAlert acknowledges that our message board is on the unceded, unsurrendered Territory of Donkdown.com who's presence stretches back to that of Neverwinpoker and the Lithuanians. As such we acknowledge the great role that Tony G, Jewdonk, any many other Lithuanians have contributed to our community.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Todd,

You must want to fight if you wade into that shit.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    The most ironic thing is 1/3 could be "working". What's an optimistic hourly, $20?

Thread Information