Page 15 of 76 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565 ... LastLast

Thread: The Seahawks Own Your Face

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by tony bagadonuts View Post
    Brutal, especially with Lynch running the way he is. The defense couldn't get off the field on third down, and the passing game is non-existent.

I like Wilson, but I like veterans as well. It may be close to Flynn time in Seattle.
    Didn't realize Flynn was a veteran. Don't really consider a guy who never saw the field to be a veteran but I guess technically he is.

Good luck with him.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Feelin' Stronger Every Day tony bagadonuts's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Great win today obv.

And LOL at the shot of Sean Payton's facepalm as he is sitting in the box watching the Saints getting owned at home.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Hella of a good game today. The D is second to none, Lynch is a bull and Wilson looked sharp.

And the punter, wow. Good Canadian kid from my home province.

Load Metric
    Great win today obv.

And LOL at the shot of Sean Payton's facepalm as he is sitting in the box watching the Saints getting owned at home.
    Whats that? The Saints won?

Name:  facepalm.gif
Views: 213
Size:  118.2 KB
    It's hilarious that we as a society think everyone can be a dr, a lawyer, an engineer. Some people are just fucking stupid. Why can't we just accept that?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by jsearles22 View Post
    Great win today obv.

Whats that? The Saints won?

Name:  facepalm.gif
Views: 213
Size:  118.2 KB
    Great game and comeback by Brees. My comment was about the facepalm and at that time the Saints were getting owned.

Very entertaining game.

Load Metric
    The legend of this defense, this Magnificent Eleven, continues to grow.

CHARLOTTE, N.C. — How long has it been?

"Last one was against Dallas, right?" Seahawks safety Earl Thomas said.

"No. Not that long. We gave up one against Green Bay," cornerback Richard Sherman corrected him. "I'm going to say 147 minutes."

How long has it been since the Seahawks defense surrendered a touchdown?

"Man, I don't know and I don't really care," safety Kam Chancellor said. "We don't want to give up any touchdowns. This is just the way we play."

"I would say an hour and some change," defensive tackle Alan Branch said.

How long?

The answer is 128 minutes.

"How many?" defensive end Jason Jones asked. "One hundred twenty-eight minutes? Wow. That's pretty impressive."

"Wooh!" Branch said. "I'll take that every time."

Two hours and eight minutes.

"That's crazy," rookie defensive end Bruce Irvin said. "I mean crazy. This is one of the elite defenses in the league."

"One twenty-eight? Dang, that is a long time," Chancellor said. "But we've got to keep it going. It's a long season, man."

The legend of this defense, this Magnificent Eleven, continues to grow.

On a gray late Sunday afternoon, the Seahawks defense made another gaggle of great plays. Over and over again, this best defense in franchise history frustrated the Carolina Panthers.

Late in the third quarter, Brandon Browner forced and recovered DeAngelo Williams' fumble, the play that saved this game. The Hawks scored the go-ahead touchdown five plays later.

On a fourth-and-goal from the 1 with under four minutes to play, the defense gave Cam Newton no options. The Carolina quarterback rolled to his right, couldn't find an open receiver and short-armed a throw into the ground.

"We stayed disciplined on that play," Chancellor said after this unsightly 16-12 win.

And on the Panthers' final possession, Irvin stripped Newton and recovered the football on the Panthers' 31.

Ballgame!

On another day when the Seahawks offense played poorly enough to lose, the defense wouldn't let it.

On a day when the game shouldn't have been this close, when, once again, the Seahawks' red zone offense was awful, the defense kept returning to the field and smacking down the Panthers.

Rookie quarterback Russell Wilson threw two more interceptions, including a pick six to Captain Munnerlyn. But the defense picked him up.

"I think everybody on the defense expects to make some kind of big play in every game," rookie linebacker Bobby Wagner said.

Wagner had six tackles and 1 ½ sacks. Pass rusher Chris Clemons spent a large portion of the game in the Panthers' backfield, chasing and hitting Newton. And Irvin had two more sacks.

The defense won another game for the Seahawks.

But this team can't keep asking the defense to win games, can it?

"Why not?" Branch said. "That's the way we look at it."

"We don't care," Chancellor said. "We hold ourselves to a high standard. And we like playing defense. This is what we signed up for."

These Seahawks defenders are The Three-And-Outs, so good the Panthers converted only 2 of 11 third downs, so good they held Carolina to 190 yards.

Wagner sacked Newton on a third-and-seven. Clemons and Wagner combined for a sack on a third-and-eight. And Irvin sacked Newton on a third-and-10.

"The game was on us, so we pinned our ears back and we went hunting," Irvin said. "We live for that. We love to get after it. If it's on us to seal the win every week, we'll do it. We take pride in that."

Newton, who seems to have regressed since his 2011 rookie season, completed only 12 of 29 passes and had a quarterback rating of 56.8. In his defense, against the Seahawks secondary, it was hard to find an open receiver.

"That's our job. That's what we're paid to do," Sherman said. "You ask a construction worker to go do his job every day. We do the same thing. It never stops with our defense. That's what it's about.

"We play in Seattle, so it kind of goes unnoticed, but we've got a lot of great players out there. It's no fluke. It's not an accident. We have great players making great plays in big games."

Forget geography, this is a defense that is getting noticed. A defense on which the Seahawks will have to hang their season.

Steve Kelley: 206-464-2176 or skelley@seattletimes.com

Load Metric
    Lol @ thinking this team has any shot. They will be lucky to win 1 out of their next 4 games. NE? No. SF? No. DET? Maybe. MIN? No.

Another 8-8 season from the Shithawks.

We lose the Sonics, who will be a title contender for the next 10 years with Durant and Westbrook.

We get to keep the Mariners. Who are probably a 100 loss team if not for poor Felix Hernandez, who's talent will rot away for a decade much like Ichiro. Even with Hernandez, the Mariners are so outmatched in their division, they should be allowed to use neon green softballs while batting.

We get to hold onto the Shithawks, who are a mediocre team at best. Who also have not been relevant since they Moneymakered their way into the Super Bowl and disappointed 49 other states and 98% of the country by doing so. Seahawks in the SB? Fucking snooooorrrrreeeee.

We get no NHL team, yet California and New York get 3 apiece. Fuck you very much Gary Bettman.
    Quote Originally Posted by 408Mike View Post
    Vegas is there any chance I can buy you some steaks and mail them to you or something?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord of the Fraud View Post
    I do believe Iraq was a huge mistake
    Why the fuck is the world (cough US) allowing these backward fuckers have nukes.

Load Metric
    Name:  82c0682b.jpg
Views: 249
Size:  33.7 KB
    It's hilarious that we as a society think everyone can be a dr, a lawyer, an engineer. Some people are just fucking stupid. Why can't we just accept that?

Load Metric

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Anal_Hershiser View Post
    Lol @ thinking this team has any shot. They will be lucky to win 1 out of their next 4 games. NE? No. SF? No. DET? Maybe. MIN? No.

Another 8-8 season from the Shithawks.

We lose the Sonics, who will be a title contender for the next 10 years with Durant and Westbrook.

We get to keep the Mariners. Who are probably a 100 loss team if not for poor Felix Hernandez, who's talent will rot away for a decade much like Ichiro. Even with Hernandez, the Mariners are so outmatched in their division, they should be allowed to use neon green softballs while batting.

We get to hold onto the Shithawks, who are a mediocre team at best. Who also have not been relevant since they Moneymakered their way into the Super Bowl and disappointed 49 other states and 98% of the country by doing so. Seahawks in the SB? Fucking snooooorrrrreeeee.

We get no NHL team, yet California and New York get 3 apiece. Fuck you very much Gary Bettman.
    Im actually going to agree with you Anal I think its shitty whats happened with losing the SuperSonics, as for Hockey Little Napoleon Bettman will have to give in eventually I suspect with the reasonable success of Jr Hockey there(hell at least you guys get hockey to watch while the millionares and billionares have a dick waving contest in the NHL) and Vancouver being an instant natural rival. You might be surprised but there is talk of the Islanders moving if something doesnt give very soon with their arena issues in Nassau, NY, and I still dont see Hamilton,ON getting a team due to bitching and griping by both Buffalo and Toronto who both claim the area as marketshare. Also, theres still a chance despite Bettman's severe meddling and insistance to keep the Coyotes in Phoenix ,they could still be moved as problems persist with that deal thats been on and off so many times due to various issues it may finally explode in a nuclear fireball.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    I don't like the matchup for Seattle here Tony. Usually they are great at home but New England is a bad matchup for them. New England's offense puts out long grinding drives that will take the crowd out of the game plus Seattle's strength is gaurding the outside with those big CBs while New England attacks from the inside. Welker will have a monster game and Hernandez is also going to play. And we haven't even talked about what Belichick does to rookie QBs........I will be with you pulling for the Hawks but I just don't see it happening.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Hawks are hanging, have a shot.

Load Metric
    Seahawks get another prayer answered. Patriots shit the bed at the end of the first half. Way to find a way to lose a guaranteed 3 points. Tight clock and game management.
    Quote Originally Posted by 408Mike View Post
    Vegas is there any chance I can buy you some steaks and mail them to you or something?
    I do believe Iraq was a huge mistake
    Why the fuck is the world (cough US) allowing these backward fuckers have nukes.

Load Metric

Load Metric
    Tony I am disappoint There are probably thousands of great Pete Carroll pics and yet you throw in Busey?? May you dream of Rick Mirer tonight Tony. Sweet dreams sweet prince.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    I have to say the Hawks defense is straight up legit.

Checked the stats earlier today and they were top 5 in YPA vs the run AND pass.

Those boys are physical and they fly around out there, really impressed.

Like how they are using Wilson too, lots of designed roll outs backside to give him windows and time to go down field.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Bootsy Collins View Post
    Tony I am disappoint There are probably thousands of great Pete Carroll pics and yet you throw in Busey?? May you dream of Rick Mirer tonight Tony. Sweet dreams sweet prince.
    Ask, and ye shall receive.

Load Metric
    fuck me the Patriots were hard to handle, even from the 12th man's perspective. They came back to the line so quickly it was tough for the fans to keep up.

We made our adjustments though, and I'll be hoarse until Thursday but it was damn worth it. And no, I didn't leave with 2 minutes to go this time.

Load Metric
    fuck me the Patriots were hard to handle, even from the 12th man's perspective. They came back to the line so quickly it was tough for the fans to keep up.

We made our adjustments though, and I'll be hoarse until Thursday but it was damn worth it. And no, I didn't leave with 2 minutes to go this time.
    We don't believe you.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy View Post
    We don't believe you.
    Yes you do.

Thread Information