Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
I think I told this story before on radio, or perhaps on the forum in the past, but since this is about Domino's, I'll tell it again here.

In the '90s Domino's had a fairly good pizza called the "garlic crust pizza", which is exactly as it sounds. This was way better than their standard pizza at the time. I was ordering it about once per week. I would always come and pick it up on the way home from work. The manager got to know me -- not just by name and face, but by voice. If I called and he answered, he knew my order and asked if I wanted it again, and I said yes.

They were pretty good about not screwing up, so my transactions were very standard. I didn't ever complain, never asked for money back, and didn't even use coupons.

I did this for about 2 years.

One day the laundry machines broke in my apartment building. It was going to be a week until it was fixed, so I needed to go to a laundromat for the first time in years.

I had remembered a laundromat next door to that Domino's, so I went there. The machines were more expensive than I thought, so I ran out of quarters. I whipped out my wallet, and saw I only had a $10 bill, and the change machine only took $1 and $5 bills. Ugh.

Then I thought, "Oh, I'll just go into the Domino's and ask them to break this $10 into two $5 bills!" Note that I was NOT asking for quarters at the Domino's.

I walked into the Domino's. I was happy to see the manager there and he greeted me. There was no one up front except for him, and no customers in there.

I asked him to break my $10 into two $5s, and explained why.

"Can't do it," he replied.

"You don't have any $5 bills?", I asked.

"No, we have plenty," he replied. "But look at that sign. Absolutely no change for the laundromat."

Indeed there was such a sign, but obviously that was aimed at laundromat customers who use Domino's for change without ever buying anything.

"Oh, I understand why you have that sign, but I'm a regular customer and you know me. I've spent a lot of money here over the past two years," I replied.

"Yes, I know that, and we really appreciate your business. But rules are rules. If I do it for you, I have to do it for everyone," he said.

"No, you don't have to do it for everyone! There's not even any customers here! You are the manager and can choose to do this for a regular customer!"

He refused. I said that if I walk out without those two $5 bills, I'm never coming back. He said, "That's your choice."

So I walked out and never came back to that Domino's, and I contacted ownership and let them know why.

If my business isn't appreciated, I don't want them having my Jew money.
There is an old story similar to this about a guy that goes into a bank and asks for his parking to be validated. They refuse because he didn’t transact any business in the bank that day. The next day he returns to the bank and withdraws all of his money….millions of dollars.