Thread: Hey Libs, what do you think of this video of the Husband of the LA County DA demanding people get off his porch at 6am?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    What’s the context? I can hear a girl, but I assume it’s some crowd of protestors showing up to bitch about something? I mean, he’s 100% fine. If you don’t know me and you knock on my door at 6 AM, you better be an elderly person or some mom whose car broke down with her kids in the car.

A bunch of people protesting on the street outside your house would be annoying, and menacing possibly, but once they step on your porch and start knocking on your door, I’m fine with anyone of any party having a serious problem with that and I’m giving them a wide latitude if they felt threatened and go way further than that guy did. That going to someone’s residence over some protest isn’t cool, particularly if you step off a public street and approach their home. People are way too nuts atm to give anyone the benefit of the doubt. It’s reasonable to assume anything can happen and protect your family given the vibe of the country.
    Its Los Angeles. This was on the local news when it happened a couple months ago. Some BLM protestors went to the home of a local DA (who is a black woman) to harass her and her husband pulled a gun on them. Even though it is on their property I am pretty sure that is a crime here, and apparently they are just getting around to filing charges now, which is why it has made the national news.

To juxtapose this, in Seattle recently some protesters tried to harass the police chief (also a black woman) at her house in her rural suburb and some neighbors carrying assault rifles ran off the protesters. And I am pretty sure they didn't break any laws.

Comments

MumblesBadly: crime regardless of whether trespassed on his property.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    What’s the context? I can hear a girl, but I assume it’s some crowd of protestors showing up to bitch about something? I mean, he’s 100% fine. If you don’t know me and you knock on my door at 6 AM, you better be an elderly person or some mom whose car broke down with her kids in the car.

A bunch of people protesting on the street outside your house would be annoying, and menacing possibly, but once they step on your porch and start knocking on your door, I’m fine with anyone of any party having a serious problem with that and I’m giving them a wide latitude if they felt threatened and go way further than that guy did. That going to someone’s residence over some protest isn’t cool, particularly if you step off a public street and approach their home. People are way too nuts atm to give anyone the benefit of the doubt. It’s reasonable to assume anything can happen and protect your family given the vibe of the country.
    Its Los Angeles. This was on the local news when it happened a couple months ago. Some BLM protestors went to the home of a local DA (who is a black woman) to harass her and her husband pulled a gun on them. Even though it is on their property I am pretty sure that is a crime here, and apparently they are just getting around to filing charges now, which is why it has made the national news.

To juxtapose this, in Seattle recently some protesters tried to harass the police chief (also a black woman) at her house in her rural suburb and some neighbors carrying assault rifles ran off the protesters. And I am pretty sure they didn't break any laws.
    In Texas, the castle doctrine would have allowed that guy brandishing the gun to shoot those trespassing protesters regardless of whether he felt his life was safe.
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    so charges were filed: 3 misdemeanor counts

seeing as how the man looks out of shape, i figure he should do community service of 240 hours instead of community labor, 3 years unsupervised probation, and gun safety instruction and maybe ban on gun purchase during probation...we'll see what he actually gets

no law broken if he does not point the gun imo...just let it be seen at his side is cool
    (long before there was a PFA i had my Grenade & Crossbones avatar at DD)

Thread Information