Thread: ohtani is frikken stud

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

ohtani is frikken stud

3 ding dongs already incluing a 450 left of center opposite field blast. dude was only 1 bad pitch away from a shutout in his 1st start as well.

he's like a godzilla sized ichiro that hits hr's and a frontline starter. shouldn't be too long until he's one of the best pitchers as well.

what poeple don't remember is that MLB once had a player like him. his name was rick ankiel. he never really got the chance to do both at the same time but did make a career doing both. when he came up he was a devastating pitcher but seemed to lose it soon opting to be a full time hitter where he enjoyed a nice afterlife

Comments

Sanlmar: Mulva is baseball
    Quote Originally Posted by bottomset_69 View Post
    Johnny Manziel will be the 1st pick in the draft. I truly believe not only will Johnny Manziel be rookie of the year, quite possibly he will be MVP as his style will shock defensive coordinators. Manziel may only be 6 feet tall, but he has size 15 feet. And he has HUGE hands. I know some NFL scouts so I know what I am talking about.

Silver
    Load Metric
    Yeah he's off to an incredible start, especially considering he was awful in spring training.

Ankiel didn't just "lose it" and decide to become a full time outfielder. He got the worst case of yips I've ever seen and could no longer even throw a strike. And he then took three full years before coming back to majors as an outfielder.

But yes, no doubt the fact he was able to do so at all was impressive.

Load Metric
    Required reading:

ESPN Magazine
    The One Baseball's Been Waiting For
    So far, the two-way sensation is living up to Ruthian expectations. But how will he possibly keep this up? We trace his journey back to Japan in search of the surprising answer.

http://www.espn.com/espn/feature/sto...ing-never-seen

Comments

Charham: Good read.

Crowe Diddly: good stuff

Sheesfaced:

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    after spring train i was like no way am i letting this fucker hit instead of pitch. them he started getting beat up on the mound as well as not hitting a lick....

spring training..lol
    Johnny Manziel will be the 1st pick in the draft. I truly believe not only will Johnny Manziel be rookie of the year, quite possibly he will be MVP as his style will shock defensive coordinators. Manziel may only be 6 feet tall, but he has size 15 feet. And he has HUGE hands. I know some NFL scouts so I know what I am talking about.

Plutonium Brittney Griner's Clit's Avatar
    Load Metric
    I'm pretty sure people that know about this remember Ankiel, Delores. That wasn't even that long ago. I hadn't heard of this gook though so good thread. Is his first name prounounced She-High because that would be dope.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Brittney Griner's Clit View Post
    I'm pretty sure people that know about this remember Ankiel
    being a good christian boy why wouldn't you

Plutonium Brittney Griner's Clit's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by mulva View Post
    I'm pretty sure people that know about this remember Ankiel

Don't assume my gender.

Inaugural Spring Classic Champion HoodedN's Avatar
    Load Metric
    you retards. how often does this happen, new guy starts out hot and the second time around pitchers figure him out. fucking chill we're like a week into the season

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by HoodedN View Post
    you retards. how often does this happen, new guy starts out hot and the second time around pitchers figure him out. fucking chill we're like a week into the season
    they said same about pujols.........lol...........but unlike him, it's not like ohtani came from nowhere and we should be all surprised

Load Metric
    You must be a lot fun at parties.

What he is doing is spectacular and not particularly lucky. Different ball than Japan. Different mound. Etc etc. He is doing more than anyone has and doing it with huge handicaps.

Whether it lasts a few weeks, a year or he ends up HOF it’s something to behold now.

My neurons just latched onto Mark “The Bird” Fidrych. 1976 Detroit. I was a little too young but I was aware how completely he gripped the country ( or at least my neighborhood) - the wins & his talking to the ball on the mound. That part I got.

Fidrych lasted only a year but if you didn’t enjoy the ride then why bother watching sports?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by mulva View Post

Don't assume my gender.
    hands pic or gtfo

Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post

What he is doing is spectacular and not particularly lucky. Different ball than Japan. Different mound. Etc etc. He is doing more than anyone has and doing it with huge handicaps.

Whether it lasts a few weeks, a year or he ends up HOF it’s something to behold now.

My neurons just latched onto Mark “The Bird” Fidrych. 1976 Detroit. I was a little too young but I was aware how completely he gripped the country ( or at least my neighborhood) - the wins & his talking to the ball on the mound. That part I got.

Fidrych lasted only a year but if you didn’t enjoy the ride then why bother watching sports?
    just seeing his pitching highlight from the b game that was posted is really all you neded to see. it really was similar to kluber and it was only about how long it will take for him to take his game to the next level.

i never watched ohtani bat, and after seeing that 1 pitching highlight i didn;t need to see anyting else. pitching is the dudes future imo. as for hitting who knows...the way he shifts and weight and powers the ball opposite way shows how strong he is. if he ever started pulling stuff like that he might hit 40 ding dongs....

Inaugural Spring Classic Champion HoodedN's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post

What he is doing is obviously special, but in baseball I am most attracted to longevity. This is why growing up I was a huge fan of Derek Jeter while I wanted the rest of the team to drink from the Gatorade cooler full of bleach.

Thread Information