Steve Jobs had a pretty charmed life, but he ran into bad luck when it came to the most important thing -- his health. He died of pancreatic cancer at the young age of 56.

Google CEO Larry Page is only 39. Surely he has a long time before experiencing life-threatening health problems, right? Even the young-to-die Jobs was 17 years older than Page is now. But now there's something really odd going on with Page:

http://www.cnn.com/2012/06/25/tech/w...ice/index.html

He's going to miss some conferences and meetings this week because he "lost his voice". On the surface, that sounds like no big deal. All of us have lost our voice for a few days at various times in our lives. My voice vanished for about 4 days in 1991, and I'm still around.

But I don't know anyone who has lost their voice for longer than a week, unless it was symptomatic of a greater problem.

Page has already canceled pahtipication in the Google "earnings call" in mid-July.

WTF?

Either Google managed to build a time machine, where they can see 3 weeks into the future and know that Page's voice is still gone, or something else is very wrong here.

Given that there's a lot of speculation about Page's health (and Google' stock has suffered as a result), Page would very likely be stepping forward with the truth if it were something minor. For example, if he had a non-life-threatening but surgically necessary problem with his vocal cords, I think we would have heard the truth by now.

I think it's very possible that Page is a lot sicker than he's letting on, and is trying to stall the situation -- just as Steve Jobs did -- before admitting the truth about the gravity of the problem.