Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: What Would Druff Do? - Arby's Edition

Load Metric

What Would Druff Do? - Arby's Edition

no, this isn't a thread about jenny anderson

so basically last night i was hungry and went to go try to find a fast food place that was open. i initially headed towards taco bell, but they were closed

i was just driving down the road and saw that arby's was open and had a car in the drive-through so i pulled in

i ordered a beef and cheddar and a small curly fry - the total came to $6.21

i pull up to the window and i read that it closes at 11pm (it was 10:45pm)

i felt like a piece of shit and normally try to avoid going to places that are about to close, but because it was memorial day and one of the few places open i figured i prolly wasn't the only one showing up right before close (like the previous car i saw in the drive-through)

so anyway, i paid for my food in cash with exact change and i thought it was odd the way the guy handed me my food - almost overly nice and seemed to look at me unusually long after handing the food over. i had a bad feeling about my order already

i get home and open it up and take off the bun to see if the food was fucked with and it looked fine besides not having cheese that i ordered but whatever

i began to eat it and the first couple bites were fine, and then it wasn't. i looked at the sandwich again and noticed a bunch of hard, flaky meat on the bottom of the sandwich and also a bigger piece of meat that looked like dark, two week old beef jerky

so i look in the bag for the receipt and as i suspected there wasn't one - this guy not only fucked with my food, he voided it out and pocketed the cash

i kept the bag of food exactly as it was a and put it in the fridge and then brought it into the arbys today and asked for a manager

she was just a shift manager with no real power but every damn employee came up to the front to look at it and thought it was fucked up, they also told me the employee's name was "tim", and they didn't seem overly surprised. one even said to another employee "he was prolly high af" or something to that affect

anyway they actually called the district manager and he told them to give me his number and have me call him right away - they also looked up the records for the previous night and there was no record of my order

anyway, i still have the sandwich and i am supposed to meet the district manager tomorrow at 4, so...what is my play???

obviously going to get my money back, but even if he offers a bunch of gift cards it's not like i would be overly excited to use them - for awhile i'm going to have the memory of eating that shit interfering with me enjoying anything from arbys, and also isn't a big enough deal to actually go through the time and effort to sue them

what would druff/everyone else do if it was you?

Comments

lewfather: That's hecka messed up
    Last edited by WillieMcFML; 05-30-2017 at 08:15 PM.

Silver
    Load Metric
    Wow, balling out of control here.

Comments

JimmyG_415: not sure why, LMOA at your post .prolly cuz im hi af. .a "The wire" rep, too.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Avon Barksdale View Post
    Wow, balling out of control here.
    did you read this as a brag post?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Don't sue.

Tell the district manager everything.

They will fire Tim.

You can probably sell gift cards online if you don't want to use them.

Or just wait a few weeks and no one will remember you.

I don't think Tim fucked with the food on purpose. 10:45 is plenty of time before an 11pm closing for fast food. It's not like you came in at 10:59.

Tim was just lazy and also figured he could pocket some $ before closing.

Comments

tony bagadonuts: 100% agree

Brittney Griner's Clit: Don't be like Tim

MumblesBadly: Disagree that Tim didn't purposely fuck with it... That's why he was cheerfully eyeballing the victim of his prank when handing over the food.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Don't sue.

They will fire Tim.

I don't think Tim fucked with the food on purpose. 10:45 is plenty of time before an 11pm closing for fast food. It's not like you came in at 10:59.

Ya I bet it was just the shit that was lying around at the end of the night

Banned
    Load Metric

Comments

Muck Ficon: That shitty old food is still better than the shit you serve your "crew"

Load Metric
    I agree a combo of crap jerky left at end of shift and a Tim looking to pocket $6.

Id demand bitcoin, jmo.

Load Metric
    i really don't think it was just "over-cooked beef at the end of the night"

it looked OLD, like it had fallen behind the counter for two weeks and they found it sweeping up at the end of their shift

it was damn near a fossil, in a way i don't see how roast beef could get sitting under a heat lamp for a day

and the way it was placed on the sandwich, on the bottom, in the middle, he would have to notice because it was the first thing he put on the sandwich and it was 100x darker than the fresh meat on top

i could really care less if the dude wanted to pocket a couple bucks for working on memorial day, but fucking with someone's food is a total pussy move and the reaction of the employees def seemed to confirm my suspicions

btw he was a manager

Comments

MumblesBadly: Tim definitely meant to fuck you. That shit-eating grin and attitude was a big tell.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde View Post
    You should have come up with a better alias than "Tim."
    HILLARY WON

Load Metric
    I sense you are angry and feel this was a special piece of meat, nurtured, saved, spared, handled without care for many many days, perhaps weeks knowing one day, no one night a man would approach a glass window and ask for that piece of hard dark dirty meat to be put in his mouth and would pay $6 dollah summin for the honor.

That man was you Willie, you was the man who ask for no paid for the disgrace.

Are we still angry Willie are we's still mad that you was had overs on. Good now demand your bitcoin Willie, rise up, remove the dark dirty meat from yo mof and get you some B T C.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Did you ask for extra mayo?

Aids tests are no big deal these days

Comments

DonaldTrumpsHairPiece: Why didn't I think of that.

Feelin' Stronger Every Day tony bagadonuts's Avatar
    Load Metric
    I agree with Druff's post above, and I have a bit of insight since I owned the Arby's drive-thru's face when I worked there in the late 80s.

The biggest pain in the ass in any Arby's kitchen is the meat slicer. You can be totally ready to beat feet at closing time, but if you have to refire that slicer then someone's staying late. Back in the day we would slice up what we thought would be enough about 30 min prior to closing time and keep it in the warmer oven.

Less scrupulous employees would just keep it under the heat lamps which turns delicious, sliced Arby's mystery meat into a dried, overcooked, gristly, fibrous mess.

What Skippy McDipshit should have told you was that they didn't have any more roast beef, but they'd be happy to provide you with a fresh order of mozz sticks, fries, potato cakes, etc. Instead he served you garbage and then stole from his employer, lol that's literally the oldest trick in the book.

My advice if you want to press this is to contact the franchisee, assuming this isn't a corporate store which it prolly isn't. This clown is harming his owner's reputation and likely stealing from him so you'd be doing the business a favor by pressing the issue. Plus loads of gift cards are likely.

Comments

hongkonger: Knowledge rep

WillieMcFML: expert witness rep

Load Metric
    Don't sue.

They will fire Tim.

I'm glad I caught this in time.

WillieMc is going to have tremendous fun tomorrow.

WillieMc is a superior card player. Todd is playing the cards here. Willie is going to play the player.

Don't go in with any predetermined goal. Willie, you're a little pissed and inconvenienced. Arby's has a fucking problem. Let's see how they deal with it.

As evidenced by the universal reaction by the staff, we see the onsite management has an ongoing issue with quality and personnel. People work for more than money. Among the 7 reasons most often cited there is self esteem and pride. Most workers would like to work in an environment that delivers superior product and service. Clearly the local staff have given up on that. They know a problem exists.

The problem isn't "Tim". Who gives a shit Todd if they fire Tim? The city is full of Tims. The site management failed. I wonder if this is a franchise owned by an independent businessman. Is the district manager an Arby's corporate representative? Is the district manager employed by the franchisee who owns multiple locations?

Find out the owners name. We are just collecting information. We have no plan in mind at this point.

Ask the district manager who he works for and what his responsibilities are. Clearly this guy is culpable for your experience.

Ask the DM, "What exactly does Arby's intend to do in terms of management process to correct and prevent situations like this from reoccurring."

An apology to you alone simply isn't going to cut it. That and a $25 gift card is not really the solution to Arby's customer and quality issues now, right? Does he really think this is a singular event? His employees apparently don't think so. A great rhetorical question followed by silence on Willie's end. Offer the guy a napkin so he can wipe the sweat off his brow.

Willie says he is attending the meeting as a courtesy to alert the DM to a management problem. The DM may disagree and become defensive. Willie may decide to adjourn the meeting at this point.

I would slow play these clowns for all you're worth.

See how the cards play out. At the very least, if the District Manager seems sincere (which is doubtful as this is a huge admission they are clowns) ask that he informs you about what steps will be taken from this point forward.

I don't know about a law suit but have some fun with management. You really don't have to say too much. You're just giving these clowns an audience tomorrow.

You'll get back to them or you will agree to await his prompt response.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by tony bagadonuts View Post
    I agree with Druff's post above, and I have a bit of insight since I owned the Arby's drive-thru's face when I worked there in the late 80s.

The biggest pain in the ass in any Arby's kitchen is the meat slicer. You can be totally ready to beat feet at closing time, but if you have to refire that slicer then someone's staying late. Back in the day we would slice up what we thought would be enough about 30 min prior to closing time and keep it in the warmer oven.

Less scrupulous employees would just keep it under the heat lamps which turns delicious, sliced Arby's mystery meat into a dried, overcooked, gristly, fibrous mess.

What Skippy McDipshit should have told you was that they didn't have any more roast beef, but they'd be happy to provide you with a fresh order of mozz sticks, fries, potato cakes, etc. Instead he served you garbage and then stole from his employer, lol that's literally the oldest trick in the book.

My advice if you want to press this is to contact the franchisee, assuming this isn't a corporate store which it prolly isn't. This clown is harming his owner's reputation and likely stealing from him so you'd be doing the business a favor by pressing the issue. Plus loads of gift cards are likely.
    thanks for posting, tonyb. Took a pic if you want to comment

Keep in mind, yesterday the color difference was even more extreme and not sure if the picture will do it justice but the darker piece is much thicker and devoid of any kind of moisture

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 1045
Size:  1.53 MB

edit: just fyi, this wasn't the only "off piece", just the biggest that i didn't end up swallowing
    Last edited by WillieMcFML; 05-30-2017 at 09:34 PM.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    Don't sue.

They will fire Tim.

I'm glad I caught this in time.

WillieMc is going to have tremendous fun tomorrow.

WillieMc is a superior card player. Todd is playing the cards here. Willie is going to play the player.

Don't go in with any predetermined goal. Willie, you're a little pissed and inconvenienced. Arby's has a fucking problem. Let's see how they deal with it.

As evidenced by the universal reaction by the staff, we see the onsite management has an ongoing issue with quality and personnel. People work for more than money. Among the 7 reasons most often cited there is self esteem and pride. Most workers would like to work in an environment that delivers superior product and service. Clearly the local staff have given up on that. They know a problem exists.

The problem isn't "Tim". Who gives a shit Todd if they fire Tim? The city is full of Tims. The site management failed. I wonder if this is a franchise owned by an independent businessman. Is the district manager an Arby's corporate representative? Is the district manager employed by the franchisee who owns multiple locations?

Find out the owners name. We are just collecting information. We have no plan in mind at this point.

Ask the district manager who he works for and what his responsibilities are. Clearly this guy is culpable for your experience.

Ask the DM, "What exactly does Arby's intend to do in terms of management process to correct and prevent situations like this from reoccurring."

An apology to you alone simply isn't going to cut it. That and a $25 gift card is not really the solution to Arby's customer and quality issues now, right? Does he really think this is a singular event? His employees apparently don't think so. A great rhetorical question followed by silence on Willie's end. Offer the guy a napkin so he can wipe the sweat off his brow.

Willie says he is attending the meeting as a courtesy to alert the DM to a management problem. The DM may disagree and become defensive. Willie may decide to adjourn the meeting at this point.

I would slow play these clowns for all you're worth.

See how the cards play out. At the very least, if the District Manager seems sincere (which is doubtful as this is a huge admission they are clowns) ask that he informs you about what steps will be taken from this point forward.

I don't know about a law suit but have some fun with management. You really don't have to say too much. You're just giving these clowns an audience tomorrow.

You'll get back to them or you will agree to await his prompt response.
    i always appreciate what you have to say, like i've said before i imagine you as kind of bcr's less self-destructive older brother, but you have it flipped here

this is druff's game, and i can't beat the rake, nor do i try to

not in it to maximize my equity, i just think fucking with someone's food is one of the biggest bitch moves ever (think pulp fiction and vincent vega's car)

if i didn't think "tim" fucked with me on purpose, if i didn't get that read at the drive-through window, if every god damn employee that worked there didn't stop what they were doing and come check it out and agree with me, i'd let it go, whether or not i paid arby's $6.21 or it went into a guy's pockets that had to work memorial day

Comments

Dan Druff: lol BCR's less self-destructive older brother
    Last edited by WillieMcFML; 05-30-2017 at 10:18 PM.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by WillieMcFML View Post
    i really don't think it was just "over-cooked beef at the end of the night"

it looked OLD, like it had fallen behind the counter for two weeks and they found it sweeping up at the end of their shift

it was damn near a fossil, in a way i don't see how roast beef could get sitting under a heat lamp for a day

and the way it was placed on the sandwich, on the bottom, in the middle, he would have to notice because it was the first thing he put on the sandwich and it was 100x darker than the fresh meat on top

i could really care less if the dude wanted to pocket a couple bucks for working on memorial day, but fucking with someone's food is a total pussy move and the reaction of the employees def seemed to confirm my suspicions

btw he was a manager
    "Manager" at 10:45pm in fast food is a meaningless title. The highest ranking or most senior employee in the store at any time is a "manager".

You know I am the first to come down on shitty employees, and rarely give them the benefit of the doubt when it's not warranted.

While we cannot be certain that Tim didn't do this intentionally, all evidence points to laziness. See Tony Bag's post explaining what they do regarding meat near the end of the night. That was my assumption, too, even without the direct knowledge Tony has of the inner-workings of the place.

Fast food employees don't get mad at you for coming in 15 minutes before closing, because the entire transaction takes far less than 15 minutes. There's no way he was pissed about that, nor should you ever feel guilty about coming in to a fast food place somewhat near closing (because, again, the time you take there is minimal -- especially in the drive thru.)

It's very possible that Tim just scraped around for whatever scraps were left over from the day. Perhaps the meat you got was many hours old, and he found it sitting on the side. It seems clear to me that they were out of decent meat, and he didn't feel like making more when there was just 15 minutes left, and perhaps there wouldn't be any customers behind you.

But I'm not defending Tim here. You paid your money and got a shit sandwich, instead of getting what you paid for. It's also possible that you got old/spoiled meat which could have gotten you sick. Tim deserves to get fired, and more for the good of the business and future customers than any kind of retribution for you.

If a district manager is getting involved, by the way, it's probably a corporate store. Franchises usually don't have district managers getting involved. They would just direct you to the owner.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by WillieMcFML View Post

thanks for posting, tonyb. Took a pic if you want to comment

Keep in mind, yesterday the color difference was even more extreme and not sure if the picture will do it justice but the darker piece is much thicker and devoid of any kind of moisture

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 1045
Size:  1.53 MB
    Ah, memories from an occasionally misspent youth.

Yep, that's the nasty motherfucker that's left when some pissant cares not for his employer or customers but only resuming his ham slammin. Classic case of leaving it under the lights instead of in the warmer.

Load Metric
    Also just by googling the store address you'll likely find the franchisee who's probably easy to get a hold of. Much more +EV than dealing with a store or area manager who may give two shits but is just as likely an empty suit.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    BTW here is my suggestion regarding getting the max out of the district manager.

Obviously ask for your money BACK, but also repeatedly state that you can still taste the awful, spoiled meat in your mouth.

Throw in a quip like, "At first I wanted to run and post this story and picture on social media, but I realized this was just one bad employee, and I thought it would be better to let management know about what happened, so this doesn't happen again."

Then let the guy do his apology dance, and see what he offers. If he lays some bullshit on you like, "We're really sorry. Come in and have a sandwich on us", then firmly respond with something like, "Honestly, after what happened here, I don't want to come in there any time soon. Could you send me like a gift card or something, and I'll use it when the memory of this whole thing goes away?"

Then if he says yes, and if the gift card is less than $25, respond with, "I usually don't ask for things like this, but after everything that happened, which again you are welcome to verify with my receipt and the pictures I took, could you make it a bit more for all the trouble?"

Keep repeating "I'll be happy to verify this and show you the pictures", "I still have the receipt for this", etc etc. You want to separate yourself from some asshole making up stories to get free stuff.

As I said, if it's a general Arby's gift card/certificate, you can sell it online and get 90% value or something.

Comments

WillieMcFML: no receipt he pocketed the money, but i'm sure they have cameras

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Also just by googling the store address you'll likely find the franchisee who's probably easy to get a hold of. Much more +EV than dealing with a store or area manager who may give two shits but is just as likely an empty suit.
    To get Tim fired, I agree that contacting the owner is the best play.

To get compensated with gift cards, that is NOT the best play, as fast food franchise owners are notoriously cheap.

But again, I am not sure the district manager would be getting involved at this point if it were a franchise, so I'm leaning on the belief that this place is corporate.

Thread Information