Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Odd Stats and Facts and Other Weird Crap Thread

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    You can float naturally in the dead sea because of the salt content, here is a HOF video illustrating how great the dead sea is

Load Metric
    Floated a few times in the Dead Sea. The water actually numbs your whole mouth when the slightest drop gets in, and tastes horrendous. They say you probably die if a mouthful of it is swallowed.

Also extremely nasty when gets into the eyes, yet tourists still enter the water head first and try swim (mostly Japs)

It's also a myth that it treats skin diseases and arthritis. It doesn't.

Comments

dick: get fucked you faggot

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by chinamaniac View Post
    You can float naturally in the dead sea because of the salt content, here is a HOF video illustrating how great the dead sea is

Went there in 1989. The floating thing was really call, and there were mounds of salt sticking out of the water.

Doesn't even feel like water. It like you're in some slippery liquid.

Here's the one thing I didn't think about, though...

Every tiny cut, nick, or skin irritation stings like hell. You are literally rubbing salt in your wounds.

Most surprising was the fact that my asshole hurt because I had taken a dump a bit earlier and wiped with rough hotel toilet paper. Seemed fine before I got in, but it stung big time once I was in the water.

Comments

Lord of the Fraud: i can confirm that the ring-sting is very real

chinamaniac: premium content rep

hongkonger: Ring sting

Henry: hahah gross

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord of the Fraud View Post
    Floated a few times in the Dead Sea. The water actually numbs your whole mouth when the slightest drop gets in, and tastes horrendous. They say you probably die if a mouthful of it is swallowed.

Also extremely nasty when gets into the eyes, yet tourists still enter the water head first and try swim (mostly Japs)

It's also a myth that it treats skin diseases and arthritis. It doesn't.
    Name:  images.jpg
Views: 310
Size:  6.2 KB

Comments

Lord of the Fraud: you neg rep about 50x more than you post. it is painfully obvious why.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

Went there in 1989. The floating thing was really call, and there were mounds of salt sticking out of the water.

Every tiny cut, nick, or skin irritation stings like hell. You are literally rubbing salt in your wounds.

Most surprising was the fact that my asshole hurt because I had taken a dump a bit earlier and wiped with rough hotel toilet paper. Seemed fine before I got in, but it stung big time once I was in the water.
    todd is god /thread

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Also, you don't have to go to Jordan to go to the Dead Sea. One side of it is in Israel. That's where I went.

Load Metric
    Also, you don't have to go to Jordan to go to the Dead Sea. One side of it is in Israel. That's where I went.

please tell me this was for your birthright bar mitzvah trip. we all got them
    "Winning is the most important thing in my life, after breathing. Breathing first, winning next."

George Steinbrenner

Gold
    Load Metric
    Why not the West Bank? Scared? That is where I went into the Dead Sea.

Load Metric

So you're saying you were butthurt.
    HILLARY WON

Load Metric

True, both sides only separated by around 5 miles which makes it look more like a river than a sea. But the Israeli side is more of a shithole. Hotels are often dirty and you can't get a hot meal on a Friday.

The heat is also unbearable through July/Aug due to it being the lowest point on earth.

Load Metric
    The dead sea is the least desirable tourist destination in the world for homosexual men.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Black bears kill about 1 person per year on average in the USA .

About 10 people go missing in national parks every year and probably more in heavy forests in general.

I'm sure some of these people are kidnapped or just die after getting lost but do you think Mountain Lions and Brown and Black Bears are killing a lot of these people?

Load Metric
    Black bears kill about 1 person per year on average in the USA .

About 10 people go missing in national parks every year and probably more in heavy forests in general.

I'm sure some of these people are kidnapped or just die after getting lost but do you think Mountain Lions and Brown and Black Bears are killing a lot of these people?
    hundreds of people hike the Appalachian trail each year and some of them are found dead just a few miles off the trail

i think the animals are just cleaning up after they wander off a trail and succumb to lack of water, food, temps.

Comments

MumblesBadly: A person can more than a month without food, but only a week without water. Plus, hypothermia kills.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Miguel Cabrera is the only active MLB player in the top 75 all time batting average (48th)...there's also only 3 others in the top 100 (Suzuki votto and Altuve)

Clayton Kershaw would have to continue his current win rate until he was 68 years old to break cy youngs win record

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by lvpkr1009 View Post
    Miguel Cabrera is the only active MLB player in the top 75 all time batting average (48th)...there's also only 3 others in the top 100 (Suzuki votto and Altuve)

Clayton Kershaw would have to continue his current win rate until he was 68 years old to break cy youngs win record
    CABRERA IS GOD

Bronze
    Load Metric

That seems wrong to me. I am not sure what you consider "current win rate" but if he pitched 35 more seasons with 12 wins he would be younger than 68 with almost 550 wins.

Peace,

Hozer11

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Hozer11 View Post

That seems wrong to me. I am not sure what you consider "current win rate" but if he pitched 35 more seasons with 12 wins he would be younger than 68 with almost 550 wins.

Peace,

Hozer11
    I stand corrected...I didn't look at the date and it's an old fact that still doesn't add up anyways

Debuted in 08 is at 126 now over 9 seasons and 29 years old. 14 wins a yr needs another 27.5 year making him 56.

Ironically I looked the Cabrera one up and didn't look up kershaw to verify...now I'm interested in trying to figure out how they came up with that number so fucking great like I've got nothing else to do

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Hozer11 View Post

Peace,

Hozer11
    I stand corrected...I didn't look at the date and it's an old fact that still doesn't add up anyways

Debuted in 08 is at 126 now over 9 seasons and 29 years old. 14 wins a yr needs another 27.5 year making him 56.

Ironically I looked the Cabrera one up and didn't look up kershaw to verify...now I'm interested in trying to figure out how they came up with that number so fucking great like I've got nothing else to do
    Check your perspective. Fernando Valenzuela Cy Young & ROY simultaneously. Nobody else has done that. Could actually win against tougher playoff competition unlike Kershaw. Has the World Series ring Kershaw can only buy on eBay.

Comments

lvpkr1009: I was all fucking all in on Fernando mania

Load Metric
    John Wayne died with 40 pounds of fecal matter in his colon.

Salads are for sissies.

Edit:
    Odd Stats and Facts and Other Weird Crap ... yup, right thread
    Last edited by Sanlmar; 03-24-2017 at 11:50 PM.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    John Wayne died with 40 pounds of fecal matter in his colon.

Salads are for sissies.

Edit:
    Odd Stats and Facts and Other Weird Crap ... yup, right thread
    Related odd fact: Of the 220 or so people involved in making "The Conqueror", which starred John Wayne in the role of Ghengis Khan and was filmed on an atomic bomb test site in Utah, over 90 of them later died of cancer, including The Duke himself.

Name:  image.jpeg
Views: 130
Size:  985.8 KB
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Thread Information