Thread: Admittedly I didnt watch much NCAA FB this year but...

Load Metric

Admittedly I didnt watch much NCAA FB this year but...

Penn St getting left out here will have the "OSU football runs the NCAA" monkeys lose their collective shit. Fwiw i dont think theyre all that far off.

Unless im missing something, washington gets the 4th spot, right?

Comments

Henry: #playoffsonlycrew
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde
    you're more consumed with accumulating wealth than achieving spiritual enlightenment

Load Metric
    I agree. But in reality there's alabama, and then there's everyone else.
    HILLARY WON

Load Metric
    Hasn't been a very exciting season

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by varys View Post
    Penn St getting left out here will have the "OSU football runs the NCAA" monkeys lose their collective shit. Fwiw i dont think theyre all that far off.

Unless im missing something, washington gets the 4th spot, right?

Penn State's overall body of work is 3rd in BIG. All they have is they beat Ohio State at home in a night game on a fluke special teams mistake. Their resume is lacking in comparison. Beating Wisconsin by a few points on a neutral field because of strange tiebreak isn't any more impressive than beating them at Madison in a night game as Ohio State did. Ohio State played both at night while both had a bye week before game to prepare in back to back weeks.

The reality is the B1G East has probably 3 of the best 6 teams, and Michigan might be the best on a neutral field, beating penn state by 39, but they lost the one that mattered against Ohio State. Penn State lost twice, once by 39 points. They don't have much of an argument. They're pretty clearly 3rd best. I heard the Bama and everyone else argument, verbatim, two years ago. Should Ohio State make it in, in warm weather/dome, you'll see what they are, a speed team that is the only team that could give Bama a game.

Really, Washington is the one that is a joke. Ohio State is 3-1 against top 10 teams and destroyed the Big12 champ on the road. Washington played 1 top 10 team and got blown out.

Ohio State over Penn State really isn't that controversial outside Penn State. Almost everyone has it that way, and should. If the B1G were to have a second team, it still shouldn't be Penn State, as Michigan is simply better: Penn State had a hell of a year and improved greatly throughout, but in a 4 best teams scenario on a neutral field, no one smart is taking them straight up against Ohio State or Michigan. They'd be 8 point dogs.

Comments

DirtyB: Dead on

Henry: homer
    Last edited by BCR; 12-03-2016 at 11:57 PM.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by hongkonger View Post
    I agree. But in reality there's alabama, and then there's everyone else.
    Wilson firing was horrible. I understand it was about off the field issues, but Indiana was game during his tenure in a way that they've never been. A truly tough opponent. I hope his behavior was egregious, because it was otherwise a huge mistake. He's going to end up on a major program's staff in short order. If his behavior was bad, he'll do a pennance season ala Petrino in the wilderness, but then land a major OC job. I was sad for the Hoosiers letting him go.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Clemson is overrated imo. They will have a hard time with any team they face in their playoff game. These goons nearly lost a few times to shitty teams this year and their ranking all season was from preseason rankings taking into account a lot of what they did last year.

Penn State is much improved from the time they played Michigan but still a 39 point loss will hold them back. Michigan losing to Iowa is what comes back to haunt them because they would have a shot still at the playoff even after losing to OSU if they didn't drop the game to Iowa. This would have also forced OSU to play against Wisconsin who is not a push over and historically has played decently vs. OSU.

I can be biased as a Michigan fan but their defense could have made a game interesting with Alabama but they ruined any opportunity of that by losing twice.

I think it probably should go:

1. Alabama
    2. OSU
    3. Washington
    4. Clemson

OSU should be excited if they draw Clemson first round but Alabama deserves the opportunity to destroy them first.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerAndPoker View Post
    Clemson is overrated imo. They will have a hard time with any team they face in their playoff game. These goons nearly lost a few times to shitty teams this year and their ranking all season was from preseason rankings taking into account a lot of what they did last year.

Penn State is much improved from the time they played Michigan but still a 39 point loss will hold them back. Michigan losing to Iowa is what comes back to haunt them because they would have a shot still at the playoff even after losing to OSU if they didn't drop the game to Iowa. This would have also forced OSU to play against Wisconsin who is not a push over and historically has played decently vs. OSU.

I can be biased as a Michigan fan but their defense could have made a game interesting with Alabama but they ruined any opportunity of that by losing twice.

I think it probably should go:

1. Alabama
    2. OSU
    3. Washington
    4. Clemson

OSU should be excited if they draw Clemson first round but Alabama deserves the opportunity to destroy them first.
    Yeah, it got all fucked up with that Iowa loss. If not for that, Ohio State goes to B1G Championship game via 3-way tiebreaker, and you're where we were sitting home with only one loss. Penn State isn't even in the conversation as you beat them by 40.

Load Metric
    Clemson is probably the weakest of the 4 no doubt. They should have lost at home to a marginal NC State team and did lose at home to 4 loss Pitt team. They also were very lucky to escape against Louisville and FSU.

Honestly, if you were picking the top 4 at the end of the year, based solely on whose the best teams, you'd have Michigan in there and probably USC as that is clearly not the same team as they were to start the season. But based on the criteria put forth by the committee the top 4 was really never in question. Which is a shame because Michigan would give Alabama all they could handle, whereas Washington is going to get blown out.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Draymond View Post
    Which is a shame because Michigan would give Alabama all they could handle, whereas Washington is going to get blown out.
    Yeah, right. Alabama's second string could handle Michigan. But we will never know b/c Michigan, like OSU, can't beat all of the marginal teams they play.

Load Metric
    bro are you really admitting that omg bro

Comments

Henry: nearly as embarrassing as you admitting you stuck with the halo franchise past halo 2

Load Metric
    ok hank honestly now were getting down to the khyber rifles i literally played a touch of halo 4 or reach whatever it was in 2011 but went on a full video game break for 5 years halo guardians is the goat

Load Metric
    its honestly so good

Comments

Henry: Oh, cool dude. I'll just take your word for it.

Thread Information