Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: *** Official MLB Playoffs 2016 Thread ***

Load Metric
    Would love to see a Dodgers/Bluejays World Series.
    "I hit that shot because it was a defining moment and when a defining moment comes along, you either define the moment or the moment defines you" Roy "Tin Cup" Mcevoy

Load Metric
    LET'S GO!!!

Load Metric
    uh oh
    TRUMP 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post
    Just non-stop unrelenting LGBT propaganda being shoved down our throats.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by big dick View Post
    LET'S GO!!!
    Good to see order is restored in my world

Load Metric
    dodgers pitcher knows he is doomed

Load Metric
    Cleveland is hot right now
    "I hit that shot because it was a defining moment and when a defining moment comes along, you either define the moment or the moment defines you" Roy "Tin Cup" Mcevoy

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Maeda has been kinda fail since late Sept. That's why Dodgers went off at +190.

Still, I put $220 on Dodgers +1.5 -110 just for fun.

Idiot announcers though.

"If you're going to get a leadoff hit, this is the guy you want on the bases"

.... about ADRIAN GONZALEZ!

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

Still, I put $220 on Dodgers +1.5 -110 just for fun.

Idiot announcers though.

"If you're going to get a leadoff hit, this is the guy you want on the bases"

.... about ADRIAN GONZALEZ!

Druff, how can Roberts not play Utley?

I know lefty-lefty bullshit and he's 2-for-12 lifetime against Lester but this man has to be in the lineup if you guys got any shot to beat the Cubs. Utley is clutch as hell and does a lot of little things that can help you win a ballgame. I'd be furious if I was a Dodger fan.

Gold
    Load Metric
    Eddie Vedder looking pretty weathered in the front row.

Seeing Fox show all these lame celebrities at Cubs games just solidified my hatred for the Cubs. Their whole fan base is pretty lame.

Comments

big dick: not as lame as you bifftard. you are also a top 3 guy

Gold
    Load Metric
    Where is that faggot big dick to say how great the Cubs are? He should be posting shortly.

Comments

big dick: top 3 retard on site. That is saying a lot

Load Metric
    fuck yeah!!!!

Comments

LarryLaffer:

Load Metric

Joe Blanton is killing it. Every time he was brought in, it seemed that the opposing batters suddenly were facing an 0-2 count. When I was at Game 4, you could immediately see the notable difference between Blanton and the other middle relievers. He just had it. He was confident. He located pitches perfectly. Talk about a career turnaround, as he was out of baseball after a horrendous 2013 where he went like 2-14 with a 6.04 ERA.

Comments

big dick: .

J Sousa: Welcher
    It's hilarious that we as a society think everyone can be a dr, a lawyer, an engineer. Some people are just fucking stupid. Why can't we just accept that?

Load Metric
    Ok got the invite for tomorrow. I have for years wanted to see Kershaw live. Probably the number one pitcher I have wanted to see in the last 10 years. Just a stud. If Cubs can beat him series over. I don't think I will bet anything. Just enjoy. Tonight was easy money against that starting pitcher. The interesting ? Will be if Kershaw can get three games in this series. 2 , 5 and 7? Part of 7?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Well, it's up to Kershaw. Otherwise I don't see the Dodgers taking 4 of the final 5 against a team like the Cubs.

Honestly, when Grandal grounded out to end the top of the 8th, stranding runners at 2nd and 3rd, I knew the Dodgers were probably losing, despite having just come back from 3-1 to 3-3.

I don't even blame Blanton for what happened. I mean, yeah, you don't throw a pitch anywhere close to the plate 0-2 with 2 out and bases loaded against a power/strikeout hitter, but Blanton has done such a great job for the Dodgers this year. He's entitled to some mistakes.

Roberts did too much overthinking this time with his weird moves. How do you intentionally walk a batter to put the go-ahead run in the 8th on 3rd? That's just mind-boggling.

I know he wanted Chapman out of the game, and that move forced Maddon to pinch hit for Chapman.

HOWEVER, Chapman just burned thorugh 17 pitches, and allowed the bases-loaded tying single. Dodgers should have been fine with taking their chances against him in the 9th.

You just don't put the go-ahead runner on 3rd. Also, the intentional walk to Heyward in order to face the super-hot Baez was weird, even thought Baez ended up flying out.

Most maddening was the fact that the man intentionally walked with runners on 1st and 2nd was Chris Coghlan -- he of the .188 batting average.

Yes, Roberts intentionally walked a batter to push the go-ahead run to 3rd, avoiding a .188 hitter, simply to get Chapman out of the game.

As I said, he was overthinking.

His unconventional bullpen management in NLDS Game 5 was smart and creative. Today he was just dumb.

This also bailed out Maddon, who foolishly pinch hit for a highly effective Lester after just 6 innings, and with Lester having thrown just 77 pitches. The score was 3-1 then. The bullpen then surrendered 2 runs just two innings later.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Watch out for Kershaw, though.

He's on 3 days rest, but you could see the fire in his eyes when he came out to save NLDS Game 5.

I think he has his confidence back.

Load Metric
    Watch out for Kershaw, though.

He's on 3 days rest, but you could see the fire in his eyes when he came out to save NLDS Game 5.

I think he has his confidence back.
    I'd like to dispel this silly notion that Kershaw is pitching on short rest tonight. Hes actually pitching on regular rest. He last started a game on 10/11. 4 days in between is considered full rest. Thats just a standard 5 man rotation. Now you will say but he pitched in the game the other night. You must realize that starting pitchers always throw a side session between starts. This is routinely anywhere from 20-40 pitches depending on how they feel and if there is anything they are working on. Kershaw threw 7 pitches in getting the save in game 5. This would have been on his standard "side" day. So really I could argue Kershaw should be well rested considering his side session was only 7 pitches and hes otherwise on full rest.

It just seems like Dodger fans are trying to build in a win/win argument for Kershaw. If he struggles tonight its going to be "well the guys a warrior, he pitched on short rest and kept his team in it." If he does well its going to be OMG OMG OMG did you see what Kershaw did on SHORT REST! Hes the best pitcher in post season baseball history...............................

Comments

Sanlmar: 100% accurate

J Sousa: Welcher
    It's hilarious that we as a society think everyone can be a dr, a lawyer, an engineer. Some people are just fucking stupid. Why can't we just accept that?

Load Metric

This also bailed out Maddon, who foolishly pinch hit for a highly effective Lester after just 6 innings, and with Lester having thrown just 77 pitches. The score was 3-1 then. The bullpen then surrendered 2 runs just two innings later.
    I think it allows Maddon to pitch him in game four if he needs to.

Load Metric
    Searles,

Any of this advanced or "new think" playoff bullpen usage look familiar?

Load Metric
    Well, it's up to Kershaw. Otherwise I don't see the Dodgers taking 4 of the final 5 against a team like the Cubs.

Honestly, when Grandal grounded out to end the top of the 8th, stranding runners at 2nd and 3rd, I knew the Dodgers were probably losing, despite having just come back from 3-1 to 3-3.

I don't even blame Blanton for what happened. I mean, yeah, you don't throw a pitch anywhere close to the plate 0-2 with 2 out and bases loaded against a power/strikeout hitter, but Blanton has done such a great job for the Dodgers this year. He's entitled to some mistakes.

Roberts did too much overthinking this time with his weird moves. How do you intentionally walk a batter to put the go-ahead run in the 8th on 3rd? That's just mind-boggling.

I know he wanted Chapman out of the game, and that move forced Maddon to pinch hit for Chapman.

HOWEVER, Chapman just burned thorugh 17 pitches, and allowed the bases-loaded tying single. Dodgers should have been fine with taking their chances against him in the 9th.

You just don't put the go-ahead runner on 3rd. Also, the intentional walk to Heyward in order to face the super-hot Baez was weird, even thought Baez ended up flying out.

Most maddening was the fact that the man intentionally walked with runners on 1st and 2nd was Chris Coghlan -- he of the .188 batting average.

Yes, Roberts intentionally walked a batter to push the go-ahead run to 3rd, avoiding a .188 hitter, simply to get Chapman out of the game.

As I said, he was overthinking.

His unconventional bullpen management in NLDS Game 5 was smart and creative. Today he was just dumb.

I get a kick out of reading this after years reading your misguided belief: "baseball managers have the least effect on the game outcome of all sports".

Load Metric
    I am curious where this misinformation came from. I know you lived in the Bovada world of bad lines but I thought you were self aware.

I have in the past asked folks, especially you and Daly, to post about your process. Crickets. I am pretty much self taught and havent read the sports betting forums as I expect the stupidity you find on 2+2. It sorta works for me so far but I could learn more.

I do use SBR. I am fascinated by the books reporting process to this site. I am guarded and vigilant about the data I see but it is a tool I use.

SBR listed the game as "going off" at -190 +180. I have no idea where you got your number. BetOnline opened with -160. I don't really understand what that SBR starting number represents or how it is derived. It's just a thing - it represents a casual starting point.

I would think you would be in the market for another book or two. I have written about BetOnline. They quite often are early and if you come ready with an idea you might snap a great line. I often take a starting position with the intent to trade around this initial buy. As the dumb books like Bovada come online you can unwind or hedge.

Sorry for the detour. I always viewed this forum as bar room banter. One idea or subject morphs into another. Sometimes the gold turns up unexpectedly. Lol, most often not but you keep panning.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post

10/14/2016 12:46:08 PM
    Description:
    Mobile - Baseball - MLB - 904 Chicago Cubs -160 for Game

Thread Information