Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: *** Official MLB Playoffs 2016 Thread ***

Load Metric
    Redsox have run off 8 straight wins. 4 game sweeps of the Yanks and Orioles. They now get to play the Rays in 3 (lol).

This team is built to pound teams down with that potent offense. The pitching staff is not getting the respect they deserve. Porcello has been in a groove, Price has found himself in the 2nd half, Bucholz has pitched well of late. Pomeranz and Erod are serviceable lefties. The BP is streaky but they are unheralded.

Best young outfield in the majors, Mookie JBJ and Benintendi. They are the definition of swag.

The only team I see them having a battle with Isome the Cubs, they could be one he'll of an October Classic series.
    "I hit that shot because it was a defining moment and when a defining moment comes along, you either define the moment or the moment defines you" Roy "Tin Cup" Mcevoy

Load Metric
    I dont really give a fuck about baseball anymore, but early 2000's red sox were absolutely GOD in my book. I remember as a little kid enjoying every minute of those red sox yankees alcs games.

Oh and lol don zimmer

Load Metric
    Pedro Martinez was GOD

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Name:  Untitled.png
Views: 412
Size:  90.6 KB

Comments

Daly: Baseball
    http://www.miraclecovers.com

"Donk down, that’s what you say to someone after they have lost 28K straight?" - Phil Hellmuth, online

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Tegnation22 View Post
    Redsox have run off 8 straight wins. 4 game sweeps of the Yanks and Orioles. They now get to play the Rays in 3 (lol).

The only team I see them having a battle with Isome the Cubs, they could be one he'll of an October Classic series.
    10 straight wins

2nd seed in AL now

Cubs 1 seed in NL & Sawks 1 seed in AL?

Sawks are coming for Chicago's children.

Load Metric
    Sanlmar, I think Sox vs Cubs is the matchup all baseball fans deserve. The Cubs are cursed so they say and the Sox lifted the curse they had.

He'll the Cubs Organization is littered with Ex-Sox in the form of Jon Lester, Rossi and we drafted Rizzo. Theo ex-sox GM as is Jed Hoyer, current Cubs gm.

Sox in 6.
    "I hit that shot because it was a defining moment and when a defining moment comes along, you either define the moment or the moment defines you" Roy "Tin Cup" Mcevoy

Load Metric
    I was pulling for Sawks to overtake the Rangers for the #1 seed in AL but lately realized the hurtin Indians are the better matchup. Toronto, for example, feels a bit scary under right conditions.

Sox & closer Kimbral blow a 3-0 lead to lose 5-3 to Yankees. Your ace closer gives up 3 walks. Bases loaded and no outs. It's a snapshot to file away. It was fun to watch.

Sure, big offense vs best defense in baseball. The classic battle.

The Cubs have no flaws. The Sawks pitching is hugely flawed. Pitching and defense is more repeatable than offense but let's do it.

Theo Epstein allows me a legitimate excuse to be a Cubs fan. Saw they gave him a 5 year extension. They had better be paying this sure fire Hall of Fame executive more than that nitwit in LA, Andrew Friedman.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    I was pulling for Sawks to overtake the Rangers for the #1 seed in AL but lately realized the hurtin Indians are the better matchup. Toronto, for example, feels a bit scary under right conditions.

Sox & closer Kimbral blow a 3-0 lead to lose 5-3 to Yankees. Your ace closer gives up 3 walks. Bases loaded and no outs. It's a snapshot to file away. It was fun to watch.

Sure, big offense vs best defense in baseball. The classic battle.

The Cubs have no flaws. The Sawks pitching is hugely flawed. Pitching and defense is more repeatable than offense but let's do it.

Theo Epstein allows me a legitimate excuse to be a Cubs fan. Saw they gave him a 5 year extension. They had better be paying this sure fire Hall of Fame executive more than that nitwit in LA, Andrew Friedman.
    Agree with all Of this 100%. As a life long sawks fan and as someone who hirnfor ~$2.5K in the early season when they hit the over 5/7 times a week I wish them the best.

Load Metric
    Sawks overs ATM was magical until All Star break.

You were more hard core with the trend. I began thinking. That never helps.

Gold
    Load Metric
    Rangers are 36-11 in one run games. They ran like gods, I wonder if that will continue in the playoffs.

Load Metric
    The A.L East is the toughest division in baseball. Winning the title the way the Sox did was impressive. They ran away from the pack by beating them.

Sure the Sox may have some flaws in the pitching department but they are vastly underrated. They have a sufficient rotation and have some key cogs in the bullpen.

The Cubs are looked at as some unbeatable monster and it just isn't correct. I see a talented team for sure, but world beaters, Hell no.

As I've said before Sox in 6.

You know how you beat good pitching? GOOD HITTING.

Load Metric
    How about Miggy and the Detroit Wild Card chase? That's gotta be an hour by hour fun sweat.

Load Metric
    Braves 2 Tigers 1 Bottom 5

Just took a live helping of Tigers @ +210

Edit
    Really weird spike when reliever Wilson came in. Back to +135 top of 6th

Lol. Now I understand. Fuck the Tigers. If you can't beat a pitcher with a 7.68 ERA & 1.68 whip on the third look you should start booking your tee times.
    Last edited by Sanlmar; 10-01-2016 at 04:53 PM.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by snake_in_the_ass View Post
    Rangers are 36-11 in one run games. They ran like gods, I wonder if that will continue in the playoffs.
    Ask the Orioles how have an insane record in one run games during the season worked out for them a few years back when they set an all time insane record of like 30-3. Didn't help them worth a shit in the playoffs. They didn't make the WS. If ALCS is Boston vs Texas. Boston wins.

Load Metric
    re: World Series

Interesting analysis in Oct 10, 2016 edition of Time Magazine: "What does it take to win it all?", p 24 by Sean Gregory & Emily Barone

6 factors were looked at over every World Series back to the first one in 1903 to see which correlated most with winning

the factors:

Most wins in MLB that season
    Best team ERA in league that season
    Best batting average in league that season
    Highest paid player in MLB
    Home field advantage
    Team Players are older than MLB average

strongest factors: Average Age above MLB average & home field advantage

Only 4 of the last 25 world series winners have had the most wins

thus, the Cubs, who have most wins, are below average in age & do not have home field advantage, are bucking strong trends

meanwhile, the BoSox would have home field & are above average in age, so they have the trend working for them if they reach the series...
    Last edited by GrenadaRoger; 10-02-2016 at 10:20 PM.
    (long before there was a PFA i had my Grenade & Crossbones avatar at DD)

Load Metric
    This will have to be on the highest rated post-seasons, right?

I'm hoping the Giants will win their wildcard game (because they'll be easier to crush) and I'm hoping the Blue Jays will win theirs (because I like Canada). I'm thinking it'll be a Cubs/Dodgers NLCS this year, but I think the birds will upset the Indians and face the Red Sox in the ALCS. And yes, I will take a small amount action ($50) on Birds over Indians at even money (on condition that it's a wash if they lose to Baltimore) if anybody's interested. I haven't looked at the lines, for the record.

Sox v. Cubs world series. I don't even want to say anything more than that.
    TRUMP 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post
    Just non-stop unrelenting LGBT propaganda being shoved down our throats.

Load Metric
    Saw my neighbor last night, he has 6 season tickets for Cubs. Few interesting things he told me. Regular season ticket holders in front sections from dugout to dugout lose all of their seats for post season, and are given "priority" seats elsewhere for playoffs, including upper level. His tickets are front row, but just out of the effected area so he keeps his seats.

He talked to some ticket broker guys Friday about getting max value for his tickets, and they think 10k minimum for world series games and possibly as high as 15k! Of course I asked him if he is going, and his response was of yes, with his new best friends five rich guys.... he is keeping the 6th seat. Not a bad deal.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by PLOL View Post
    This will have to be on the highest rated post-seasons, right?

I'm hoping the Giants will win their wildcard game (because they'll be easier to crush) and I'm hoping the Blue Jays will win theirs (because I like Canada). I'm thinking it'll be a Cubs/Dodgers NLCS this year, but I think the birds will upset the Indians and face the Red Sox in the ALCS. And yes, I will take a small amount action ($50) on Birds over Indians at even money (on condition that it's a wash if they lose to Baltimore) if anybody's interested. I haven't looked at the lines, for the record.

Sox v. Cubs world series. I don't even want to say anything more than that.
    Okay, what am I missing here. How does the winner of the wildcard game not play the team with the best record & #1 seed in the AL which would be Texas? I thought Boston-Cleveland was set no matter what.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Load Metric
    Really looking forward to this postseason, alot of good series ahead.

While I do like how the MLB added the additional wild card team qualifying for the playoffs. I think it should be a 3 game series. I have never been a fan of the indicated card game. It doesn't fit baseball. The MLB season is a 6 months grind and to get to the postseason and have just 1 game do or die is ridiculous.

Load Metric
    Literally just pushed the button on Oriole's @ Jays for tomorrow.

I see this as a flip. So I'll take the moneyline value.

Oriole's lights out closer Britton is foremost in my head.

Description:
    Mobile - Baseball - MLB - 931 Baltimore Orioles +141 for Game

Other stuff so far:

Mobile - Baseball - MLB - 935 Boston Red Sox -126 for Game

Not proud of price but it's money
    Mobile - Baseball - MLB Series - 801 Red Sox Series Prices -153 for Game

Caught this yesterday and it's down to -103
    10/2/2016 7:56:55 PM
    Description:
    Mobile - Baseball - MLB - 933 San Francisco Giants +106

Of course, eyeing Nats value vs Dodgers. I just don't see the Dodgers offense - especially lately.

Thread Information