Quote Originally Posted by big dick View Post
all 15k of them....the other 40k seemed to be cubs fans
I don't know where you keep getting this from.

I realize you're exaggerating, but I don't notice an unusually large Cubs fan contingent in the stadium. If you look at the crowd during big moments, you'll see a sea of blue towels and blue jerseys (and not Cubs blue).

Are there a fair number of Cubs fans in LA? Well, yeah. Because Chicago is bitter cold in the winter, and the city is a corrupt and crime-ridden shithole. So many Chicago residents moved to LA over the past 5 decades.

These people are now spending big money to see the NLCS because they've literally never seen a Cubs championship, and this feels like the year they have the best shot to do it.

While 1988 (last Dodgers championship) is also a long time ago, it's a big difference from 1908 (last Cubs championship). So it's understandable why Cubs fans in LA are more willing to pony up the money to see an expensive playoff game.

Dodgers have also been in the NLDS in 6 of the past 9 seasos, and NLCS in 4 of the past 9, so while any playoff run is exciting, it's more of a "meh, playoffs again, wake us up when it's the World Series" sort of attitude around here.

Still, the Dodger Stadium crowd in the playoffs this year has been described as "electric", and I can tell you from being there for NLDS Game 4 that everyone was really into it.