Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pokeman Go . Hilarious and Sad

Load Metric

Pokeman Go . Hilarious and Sad

Just when I thought the majority of Generation Y males couldn't become larger pussies than they already are.

Saw a bunch of "men" in their late 20s running around this weekend hunting for imaginary characters. They were literally sprinting in search of whatever the fuck this shit is.

I actually downloaded the Pokeman App this AM , as I wanted to see what the big deal is. I lasted about 10 mins and then had to go back to something productive.

I often say " I must be getting old" as I dont understand why people younger than me like some of the shit they do. For example, the terrible DJ music in vegas that idiots pay 10k + a table for or that electric daisy glow stick bullshit. But this is different as there are actually grown men (people near my age) running around looking for these characters and getting so excited about it. I have never seen anything like it., It is truly pathetic.

Comments

Sanlmar: A rare cmoney riff. + 1

NaturalBornHustler: GOD

MumblesBadly: I love how the young rich kids waste their money on any crap that helps to spread the wealth around!

The Shrink: Everything you just said. I'm disgusted by what I'm seeing.

Serial Fail: I dont have time for Pokemon Go. I have to do productive shit... like complain about Pokemon Go on the internet!!!
    :freelewfather

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by cmoney View Post
    Just when I thought the majority of Generation Y males couldn't become larger pussies than they already are.

Saw a bunch of "men" in their late 20s running around this weekend hunting for imaginary characters. They were literally sprinting in search of whatever the fuck this shit is.

I actually downloaded the Pokeman App this AM , as I wanted to see what the big deal is. I lasted about 10 mins and then had to go back to something productive.

I often say " I must be getting old" as I dont understand why people younger than me like some of the shit they do. For example, the terrible DJ music in vegas that idiots pay 10k + a table for or that electric daisy glow stick bullshit. But this is different as there are actually grown men (people near my age) running around looking for these characters and getting so excited about it. I have never seen anything like it., It is truly pathetic.
    Agree completely. Everyone nowadays wants to stay in this suspended state of childhood. It's pathetic. This manifests itself with the extreme popularity of comic book movies as well.

Banned
    Load Metric
    Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.

When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.

Comments

Henry: You play, don't you Thomas?

jacosta24: pretty much

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by SrslySirius View Post
    Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.

When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.

CS Lewis also accomplished way more than 99.99 percent of the population in his life. There is a difference between being a world famous author and engaging in "non adult activities" and a 29 yr old that still lives at home , has no job, and is running around downtown looking for a kick ass lvl 29 ice dragon.

You show me a male in his late 20s or 30s playing this, and I guarantee you a high percentage of them live at home and are unemployed.

Comments

BiffCo99: Yes

Load Metric
    Name:  gymguy.PNG
Views: 584
Size:  2.06 MB

Gold
    Load Metric
    How old are you

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Spookygook View Post
    How old are you
    near 40

Load Metric
    Btw, for the record I think whoever made this game is a genius. I also think the technology of AR is going to destroy VR once it gets popular.

I just think that if you are a male in your 20s +, and are either unemployed , or live at home, and play this, you arethe ultimate loser.

Gold
    Load Metric
    Btw, for the record I think whoever made this game is a genius. I also think the technology of AR is going to destroy VR once it gets popular.

I just think that if you are a male in your 20s +, and are either unemployed , or live at home, and play this, you arethe ultimate loser.
    John Hanke, Niantic Labs. Former Google Exec who wanted to leave Google to start up his gaming company, Google instead let him do it on their dime and under their umbrella. After the Alphabet thing, Niantic split off on its own. Check out Ingress, the AR game that preceded Pokemon Go, and the platform Go draws its location data from.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Hanke
    Last edited by wrenchjockey; 07-18-2016 at 10:41 AM.

Load Metric
    deleted from net
    Last edited by cmoney; 07-18-2016 at 11:06 AM.

Load Metric
    If the people playing put the same effort into work,exercising, insert any productive task here they would all be in a better place.

Some overlap here between something like this and World of Warcraft type games where you spend 1000s of hours and literally every chance possible to play it.

But on the other hand I guess they are out walking around instead of sitting on their asses.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by simpdog View Post
    If the people playing put the same effort into work,exercising, insert any productive task here they would all be in a better place.

Some overlap here between something like this and World of Warcraft type games where you spend 1000s of hours and literally every chance possible to play it.

But on the other hand I guess they are out walking around instead of sitting on their asses.
    That is a really good point I didnt think of. In an age of social media and ridiculously immersive video games, it is good to have something that makes people walk around and go outside (especially for kids)

Platinum
    Load Metric
    These nerds are roaming the fucking streets everywhere. Popping up in places you would never expect a human to be, they are there. Damn near hit a few of these zombies the other day as they were roaming the BACK of a parking lot in between cars wandering aimlessly into the lanes. This is why I really don't want any kids. These people today are fat computer video game obsessed nerds who only see the light of day when a new game makes them. And they wonder why we are a bunch of fat lazy incompetent people for the most part. Because of this bullshit.

Get your head out of Pokemon's ass and wake the fuck up.

Comments

Tegnation22: So fucking true

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by simpdog View Post

Went to a pool party - company outing kinda thing this weekend with Turbine Entertainment Software a Massachusetts based company. Game of Thrones etc.

I never saw such a pasty looking group in my life. Two ends of the spectrum. Pencil armed 20 somethings and overweight 30 year olds. Pony tail was de riguer.

Pretty normal group otherwise.

They were pretty tight lipped around the outsider and I didn't press.

Comments

Tellafriend: pony taili de riguer rep

Diamond
    Load Metric
    This game is a great ice breaker. I got 3 numbers from women whom I had seen playing in a park. We chat for about 2 minutes, then I say I have to go meet friends, what's your number?

My friends is a director of accounting who plays this, other works in sales, pharmacist plays on his lunch break...seems you are just out of touch maybe.

Comments

MumblesBadly: For meeting potential hookups: Pokemon Go > a puppy.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    This is one of several stories I've seen where this game has caused someone to do something stupid.

http://6abc.com/news/pokemon-go-lead...lice-/1429975/

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by OSA View Post
    This game is a great ice breaker. I got 3 numbers from women whom I had seen playing in a park. We chat for about 2 minutes, then I say I have to go meet friends, what's your number?

My friends is a director of accounting who plays this, other works in sales, pharmacist plays on his lunch break...seems you are just out of touch maybe.

Could very well be... I admit it.

Comments

MumblesBadly: You're too busy making bank! (You're user name isn't 'Two Bit Charlie'.)

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    It's a cool thing for kids. I just introduced Benjamin to it, and he likes it.

But like cmoney, I also don't see how this can possibly appeal to anyone over 20.

Somehow it does, but I don't understand it.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by OSA View Post

Could very well be... I admit it.
    There is a difference between not relating to this or those that play it and sticking your finger in the air to see which way the wind is blowing.

It's usually more interesting to be on the outside looking in. Those on the inside usually don't have any perspective.

One thing that was running through my head during the party was the absence of history (perspective) by the developers/tool users.

It's like star baseball players who have no sense of history about their sport. They just play.

I was absolutely one of the oldest there save for a few executives but didn't for one second feel bad about it. Kids really had no fucking clue about the bigger picture.

I spend my entire day around younger employees and athletes. I fuck with them mercilessly cause they have no goddamn clue. It brings enormous joy to my day and wouldn't trade it.

Unlike Druff, who is wrestlles with his advancing age, I see dumbshit kids and the world they occupy as my playground.

Load Metric
    I think its an exciting technological accomplishment which will ultimately divert certain social evolutionary paths in intrinsically positive directions; diminishing the 'segmentation' that currently exists between being online and offline.

Comments

MumblesBadly: Mind blown by the deep sociological analysis. Truly....... (Wait a minute! Did you copy this from somewhere???? [Sceptically furrowing brow])
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Thread Information