Page 19 of 26 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Chicago Police Officer charged with murder in shooting 17 year old black kid 16 times [Video]

Load Metric
    More of a desire to make the ignorant choke on their words.

I rarely see people, whom I prove to be full of shit, offer any acknowledgement that they were wrong.

Lets see any of you, who watch the video, do just that. I would have respect for you. After you all tell me to fuck off, tell me I dont know anything, and argue completely absurd angles, I want to see what you have to say after you see the information in that video.

SK, Corrigan, Hockey Guy, Jimmy G and SYSOP: Feel free to watch and post if you think your opinions have now changed once presented with the information, and whether you agree that the media has been completely biased and wrong, and if you think tasers are the solution to the problem.

There is also another sad reason for me to want people to see this. I know the damage this bad information will quite possibly cause. Its already happening in Baltimore and Chicago. It could eventually, and its on its way, spread across the country. All of the innocent people will be negatively affected.
    Last edited by DRK Star; 01-04-2016 at 12:25 PM.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by DRK Star View Post
    PLEASE WATCH THIS VIDEO

45 min

lol fuck out of here right now with that when this video sums it up entirely in less than 10 minutes:

Comments

DRK Star: I was going to argue with you, but my heart overruled me
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    i didn't deny that the media is biased, I'm sure your propaganda video will clear it all up.

jk

shot 16 times

Comments

DRK Star: First standard response

Load Metric
    There are currently 3 users browsing this thread. (2 members and 1 guests)
    DRK Star, JimmyG_415

Load Metric
    SK, Corrigan, Hockey Guy, Jimmy G and SYSOP: Feel free to watch and post if you think your opinions have now changed once presented with the information, and whether you agree that the media has been completely biased and wrong, and if you think tasers are the solution to the problem.
    Seriously, what "opinion do you think I have?

I just know IMO that this incident & the 1 where the police put a guy in a choke hold & he ended up dying in New York & the cop who shot a fleeing guy in the back then went up & dropped his taser next to the dead body that the police report in no plausible way resembled the video. NONE!!!!!!

That's my only opinion & my only issue with what happened in all of them.
    I couldn't give 2 fucks about what anybody thinks what he may or may not be convicted of & actually find it in bad form to be talking about it in these terms.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Load Metric
    The name of that hold that the guy was put in, actually has a name. I cant think of it. Its NOT a choke hold. The hold doesnt cut off the wind pipe, but puts pressure on the side of the neck and gets the person to comply through pain and manipulation. If he was choking, he could NOT SPEAK any words to let anyone know he was being choked. If someone says I CANT BREATHE, it takes air to say that, thus, they have air and CAN breathe. Police officers, should you encounter one, will be happy to give you their opinion on how many people they try to apprehend state "I cant breathe, Im hurt, I cant feel something, I need a doctor" once they fail to comply and realize they are about to be cuffed and charged with something.

If a cop was found to have planted a taser at the scene, like you described, that guy should be prosecuted to the furthest extent of the law. Assholes like that cause serious danger to the system. I have zero respect for people like that and he should pay seriously for his crime.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Ok DRK I'm going to watch your video as if I was a member of the jury. Open minded and unbiased.
    Be back with my verdict in 45 to a hr.

Comments

DRK Star: thank you. I appreciate it.

Load Metric
    Even if you disagree with what the person is stating in the video, and want to tell me Im some cop apologist and ginger asshole, at least by watching this, it will give you more info than most people have about some very critical issues that Baltimore and Chicago are dealing with, and will soon be all over the US.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    I would of liked to of heard more about that slashed tire on a police cruiser even though it may not influence the verdict. The Burger King footage just does not seem important and the FBI finds no evidence of deleting footage.
    What could of possibly happened on the BK footage? He didn't throw down the knife and surrender and that's about the only thing that would matter to me.

The moment the decision to shoot was made is what matters. I don't see how officers can let this guy continue. That guy was pretty fast, athletic and acting very aggressive while hopelessly surrounded. What happens when he crosses paths with innocent bystanders. What happens if a crowd gathers around and you need to use lethal force. One thing is clear, he was not going to give up without the use of force. Looked like he may of been reaching for waistline to bluff like he had a gun. The amount of shots could be justified. Shoot until the threat is neutralized, right? They immediately kicked the knife away, so there was concern.
    Verdict:
    Not Guilty

I actually imagined I was sitting in Chicago on the jury and even though you shouldn't let it affect your verdict you know damn well this may spark riots and you may be outed and labeled racist and may be in danger. Sort of depends where you live and your circumstances I guess. If I was white from a poorer area in Chicago that would suck. lt seems like it would of been awkward to deliberate with black jurors

Walking Image Library
    Load Metric
    What's Another $415K? Police Misconduct Payouts Off The Charts in Chicago
    By Jen Sabella | May 1, 2015 4:22pm | Updated on May 1, 2015 9:06pm

"CHICAGO — On Tuesday, Chicago's City Council is expected to approve a $415,000 settlement in a yet another police misconduct case....

...Since 2004, the Better Government Association reports, Chicago taxpayers have shelled out more than $500 MILLION on police-related settlements. More than $183 million of that was paid out in the last four years."

http://www.dnainfo.com/chicago/20150...charts-chicago

Comments

DRK Star: <clutches heart>

Load Metric
    Well, I havent heard all the details about what happened in the BK lot, so this is somewhat speculation.

A guy (who is in that first video with the flashlight) caught the guy breaking into trucks maybe a block or two away. He called the cops. LaQuan apparently went and threatened that guy with the knife. LaQuan was grunting and growling at the guy and at the cops. The first cops herded him towards BK. LaQuan slashed a cops tire in that lot. He was trying to get into the BK. HERE is where Im not sure and if anyone wants to speculate about if the cops deleted the tape or not, it would be the point. He may have been trying to get into the BK, and the cops were trying to keep him away from getting in. They may have bounced him off their cars a bit, by using the cars as barriers. Is it wrong? Probably, but probably somewhat of a very minor issue. You're trying to protect people.

I was told that there was about 5-10 min in that lot that isnt recorded anywhere.

You assessed the "shoot until he isnt a threat" situation as well as I've seen. That is what they are trained to do. Its something you cant change, and you just have to accept, because you cant state that an officer is only allowed X amount of shots. Imagine how jacked up this guy was....there were bullets that shattered his arm, and shots going into that hand, and he still didnt drop that knife. Thats scary.

It WILL spark riots. My gut tells me that Jesse and other "leaders" <puke> cut a deal with the city and say "We will settle the black community down and have everyone come together, if you find a way to donate to Rainbow Push's annual Christmas Party (give us $5 mil).

Rahm made some terrible comments at City Hall that will be used against him, and allow this cop's attorney to get this moved out of the city, to either a neutral area, or a bench trial. If you take the human error element out of this, a judge should rule this as Not Guilty, based on laws and how they were trained.

Let the looting begin.

Comments

bukowski72: By the way how is Ed Burke still in the city council? He should have packed away enough bribes and kickbacks to retire to Aruba 5 times by now.
    Last edited by DRK Star; 01-04-2016 at 07:08 PM.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by bukowski72 View Post
    What's Another $415K? Police Misconduct Payouts Off The Charts in Chicago
    By Jen Sabella | May 1, 2015 4:22pm | Updated on May 1, 2015 9:06pm

"CHICAGO — On Tuesday, Chicago's City Council is expected to approve a $415,000 settlement in a yet another police misconduct case....

...Since 2004, the Better Government Association reports, Chicago taxpayers have shelled out more than $500 MILLION on police-related settlements. More than $183 million of that was paid out in the last four years."

http://www.dnainfo.com/chicago/20150...charts-chicago

I didnt hear about that one in Rodgers Park. I would not be surprised, as I heard some of the cops there deal with some serious shit, and a few of them seem like they could be scummy. They resigned and didnt even fight it, so they technically werent found guilty, but...

WITH THAT IN MIND, dont let that article make you believe, as they are trying to do, that cops are constantly doing things wrong, and we should hate them for it.

LaQuan's "family" asked for 16mil. They got $5 mil. If you watched the video, and know the info, do you think they should be paid anything?

The city has attorneys on retainer. They dont do hardly anything. They are paid, and they allegedly give back a portion of the salary to their bosses campaigns, in order to keep their cushy jobs. They SHOULD be fighting all of these allegations, and stopping all this bullshit where criminals get killed doing dumb shit, but their families (cue the cap and gown photos) run the press, get Jesse involved, print up the shirts, and now the city just cuts a check rather than fights it. Its a massive fucking joke, and this city will keep on paying out. Im going to guess next year is even higher.

REALLY hoping that the body cameras help cut down on tons of things here, but it will be costly.

Comments

bukowski72: Should have gone with <Clutches Pearls>
    Last edited by DRK Star; 01-04-2016 at 07:19 PM.

Walking Image Library
    Load Metric

LaQuan's "family" asked for 16mil. They got $5 mil. If you watched the video, and know the info, do you think they should be paid anything?
    The city council voted Unanimously for the 5 mil. In a 2 hour 45 min city council session they took 5 SECONDS to Unanimously approve it.

From what I have read and seen I do think they should be paid. You can't shoot a guy 10 or 13 times when he is on the ground.

City Council took just seconds to approve $5M Laquan McDonald settlement At 1:44:
    http://www.fox32chicago.com/news/local/56915818-story

I lived in Rodger's park for a while. It was nice during the day but dicey at night. I had a very frightening moment when I thought I was going to be shot to death by a person who turned the gang leader/OG of the area after I got into with some of his underlings. After he didn't murder me we had a somewhat pleasant conversation where he offered to have weed delivered to my place anytime(I passed), asked me if I had ever had my balls bitten by a dog -- turns out it is painful, and told me about his son who had been murdered in Rogers Park.

Comments

DRK Star: oh man

Load Metric
    You can't shoot a guy 10 or 13 times when he is on the ground.

Again, they are trained to shoot until the person is no longer a threat. He never dropped the knife. I've addressed this multiple times already and would (rightfully so) be considered a douche if I rehashed it.

Walking Image Library
    Load Metric
    You can't shoot a guy 10 or 13 times when he is on the ground.

Again, they are trained to shoot until the person is no longer a threat. He never dropped the knife. I've addressed this multiple times already and would (rightfully so) be considered a douche if I rehashed it.
    When you get attacked/shot I think the natural reaction is to clutch/tighten your muscles rather than go limp and drop things. Training seems to ignore normal human reactions.

"Again, they are trained to shoot until the person is no longer a threat. He never dropped the knife."

Great point with a huge flaw in you reasoning. HE NEVER DROPPED THE KNIFE. Then why did the other cop have to stop him when he tried to reload? It had only been a few seconds and HE WAS STILL HOLDING THE KNIFE and he was STILL a THREAT according to you. The officer should have been allowed to reload and shoot him 16 more times as he was still holding the knife and was a threat. Correct?

Nothing changed between bullet 3 and 16 according to your sources -- he was still a threat -- so why didn't they keep shooting after that?

Load Metric

When you get attacked/shot I think the natural reaction is to clutch/tighten your muscles rather than go limp and drop things. Training seems to ignore normal human reactions.

"Again, they are trained to shoot until the person is no longer a threat. He never dropped the knife."

Great point with a huge flaw in you reasoning. HE NEVER DROPPED THE KNIFE. Then why did the other cop have to stop him when he tried to reload? It had only been a few seconds and HE WAS STILL HOLDING THE KNIFE and he was STILL a THREAT according to you. The officer should have been allowed to reload and shoot him 16 more times as he was still holding the knife and was a threat. Correct?

Nothing changed between bullet 3 and 16 according to your sources -- he was still a threat -- so why didn't they keep shooting after that?

My brother was commenting on this (I think I posted that info here as well a few pages back) that the guy may have gotten tunnel vision and just went into a zone while he was shooting. You end up apparently staring at your site and just keep on pulling the trigger. They are trained to immediately and quickly reload when their gun empties, so at that point, adrenaline may have kicked in, and he quickly tried to reload and his partner told him to stop. It doesnt mean he was going to reload and keep shooting, it just means that he was going to reload and his partner said stop.

And yes, I believe that theoretically, as it was explained to me, he may have had the right to keep shooting. Its an interesting angle you are bringing up, and the attorneys will be battling over a bunch of things here. If they are trained to shoot until the guy isnt a threat, when do you stop if the guy continues to hold the weapon. Maybe there is a point where they have to use their judgement? We will find out. I will ask my brother.

EDIT: he said that when his clip was emptied, and he went to reload, the partner said to stop and stepped in front of him to approach LaQuan.

Allegedly, once the cop finished shooting, he became extremely upset that he had to shoot the guy, and was pissed at him. That happens in many cases. The cop doesnt want to have to shoot people, so when he actually does, he realized that he had to just take a life, and gets really emotional and angry. He may have been swearing at Laquan and using some not-so-proper language. A word or two may have began with the letter N. If true, its apparently not a factor in the case, under freedom of speech laws.
    Last edited by DRK Star; 01-05-2016 at 06:50 AM.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    $5 million for committing armed burglary and running around on PCP with a knife surrounded by police, save it.
    They've paid out $500 million! Sounds like friends of Al and Jesse hold senior positions in this council.

The message should be don't run around and taunt police and bystanders with a drawn knife.
    Instead it's antagonize the police til they snap so we can get paid nigga.

Comments

DRK Star: Its lovingly referred to as "the Ghetto Lottery" here

Load Metric
    If you have a knife out near a cop, youre getting shot to death.

If you have a gun out in a no-carry state, you're getting shot to death.

It's real simple shit. Raise your kids not to brandish guns or knives.

What we deal with here is pretty much nothing compared to whats going on in other parts of the continent south of us. Nothing at all.

Dont get me wrong; fuck the average cop where he stands.

Straight up, fuck those clowns.

But as far as some kid with a knife or a gun, Darwin strikes again. Gas the parents when you're done. I'll pay for the chems if its tax deductible.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by FPS_Russia View Post
    $5 million for committing armed burglary and running around on PCP with a knife surrounded by police, save it.
    They've paid out $500 million! Sounds like friends of Al and Jesse hold senior positions in this council.

The message should be don't run around and taunt police and bystanders with a drawn knife.
    Instead it's antagonize the police til they snap so we can get paid nigga.

there are plenty of cases where people hope to get shot, and whether they die or not is irrelevant. They are trying to get money for their family.

Charge at a cop with your hand hidden, holding a cell phone or dildo, get shot, lawyer sues saying guy was unarmed, family gets $$$$$$$.

Load Metric

Oh snap...
    We pray for understanding as we all occasionally request back door action by accident, when we tried to call an electrician. It happens, it simply happens.

Thread Information