Thread: Mayweather v. Pacquiao rematch?

Load Metric

Mayweather v. Pacquiao rematch?

Floyd Mayweather and Manny Pacquiao are in negotiations for a rematch

Just when it felt like any hopes for a Floyd Mayweather-Manny Pacquiao rematch were dead, Pacquiao himself threw the boxing world for a loop by saying he is in negotiations with Mayweather for a rematch, according to an AFP report.

Pacquiao announced that he wants to fight one more time before hanging up his gloves for good and pursuing a full-time career as a politician in his native Philippines early next year, a timetable that seemed to make a rematch unlikely.

However, Pacquiao told AFP that not only is the rematch possible, but confirmed talks are ongoing with Mayweather and one other fighter.

Pacquiao confirmed he is in negotiations with American Mayweather and Briton [Amir] Khan but said he had no preference over who to fight ... "I will fight anybody, anywhere," he said. "I am going to fight probably before the election ... The election is coming next year, May, and before that I will probably have one fight."

With any potential fight needing to happen before the elections in May and Mayweather in retirement and seemingly in no hurry to return to the ring, it seemed unlikely that a rematch could happen. However, if there was one thing that made the rematch still seem possible it was the money and how much each fighter would be leaving on the table if they couldn't reach a deal on a rematch.
    More at the article:
    http://www.businessinsider.com/floyd...ematch-2015-10
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by MumblesBadly View Post
    Floyd Mayweather and Manny Pacquiao are in negotiations for a rematch

Just when it felt like any hopes for a Floyd Mayweather-Manny Pacquiao rematch were dead, Pacquiao himself threw the boxing world for a loop by saying he is in negotiations with Mayweather for a rematch, according to an AFP report.

Pacquiao announced that he wants to fight one more time before hanging up his gloves for good and pursuing a full-time career as a politician in his native Philippines early next year, a timetable that seemed to make a rematch unlikely.

However, Pacquiao told AFP that not only is the rematch possible, but confirmed talks are ongoing with Mayweather and one other fighter.

Pacquiao confirmed he is in negotiations with American Mayweather and Briton [Amir] Khan but said he had no preference over who to fight ... "I will fight anybody, anywhere," he said. "I am going to fight probably before the election ... The election is coming next year, May, and before that I will probably have one fight."

With any potential fight needing to happen before the elections in May and Mayweather in retirement and seemingly in no hurry to return to the ring, it seemed unlikely that a rematch could happen. However, if there was one thing that made the rematch still seem possible it was the money and how much each fighter would be leaving on the table if they couldn't reach a deal on a rematch.
    More at the article:
    http://www.businessinsider.com/floyd...ematch-2015-10
    In my opinion, 100% Mayweather fights Pac again.

He's saying this no more fight routine, because he knows he will get a lot more money by saying this... and at the end of the day what does a man who calls himself money care about?

Comments

MumblesBadly: Agree

Load Metric
    In before....

"ahhhhh...my shoulder....ahhhhh" x2.

Load Metric
    Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooring....

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I hope so - then I can bet the "fight goes to decision" prop again

Load Metric
    I honestly don't even know if Id even watch it(for free)

Load Metric
    I take Floyd Mayweather at his word...He is officially Retired. Record was 49-0.

If Floyd ever fights again it would be an exhibition match that would not be sanctioned by any boxing organization or athletic commission.

Hopefully it will be a special handicapped match against Ronda Rousey.

Mayweather may need more money to replace the cars he lost in a fire.

Floyd Mayweather 4 Expensive Cars Up In Flames... In Trailer Fire
    http://www.tmz.com/2015/10/09/floyd-...-trailer-fire/

Floyd Mayweather's pricey car collection took a massive hit this week -- when a trailer transporting Floyd's Bentley and 2 Rolls Royce whips burned down to the ground ... TMZ Sports has learned.

We're told the truck was transporting Floyd's rides from Vegas to Miami when something went wrong just outside of Phoenix, Arizona on October 7th at 1:31 AM ... and the entire unit went up in flames.

You can see in the pics, the cars were burnt to a crisp -- including one of Floyd's custom Jeeps.

It's unclear how the fire started -- but Arizona State Troopers confirm the incident and say there were no injuries reported.

TMZ Sports contacted the transportation company and confirmed the cars were shipped through Obi Okeke at Fusion Luxury Motors -- Floyd's longtime car guy.

We reached out to Floyd and Okeke -- no comment from either one.

Thread Information