Floyd Mayweather and Manny Pacquiao are in negotiations for a rematch

Just when it felt like any hopes for a Floyd Mayweather-Manny Pacquiao rematch were dead, Pacquiao himself threw the boxing world for a loop by saying he is in negotiations with Mayweather for a rematch, according to an AFP report.

Pacquiao announced that he wants to fight one more time before hanging up his gloves for good and pursuing a full-time career as a politician in his native Philippines early next year, a timetable that seemed to make a rematch unlikely.

However, Pacquiao told AFP that not only is the rematch possible, but confirmed talks are ongoing with Mayweather and one other fighter.

Pacquiao confirmed he is in negotiations with American Mayweather and Briton [Amir] Khan but said he had no preference over who to fight ... "I will fight anybody, anywhere," he said. "I am going to fight probably before the election ... The election is coming next year, May, and before that I will probably have one fight."

With any potential fight needing to happen before the elections in May and Mayweather in retirement and seemingly in no hurry to return to the ring, it seemed unlikely that a rematch could happen. However, if there was one thing that made the rematch still seem possible it was the money and how much each fighter would be leaving on the table if they couldn't reach a deal on a rematch.
More at the article:
http://www.businessinsider.com/floyd...ematch-2015-10