Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Lets GO Mets, Beat LA!!!!!

Bronze
    Load Metric
    The angle you posted a pic of is misleading when you see the other angles. He did not touch the base since you seem to not be sure. His slide is borderline interference, you can't begin a slide after passing second base he at best began his slide at the back part of the base if not later. It could easily be called interference. Which goes in line with what in talking about.

Load Metric
    Your captain disagrees.

"He's a second baseman. If he wants guys sliding like that into him, then it's perfectly fine,” David Wright said of Utley afterward. “He knows how to play the game. If he doesn't mind guys coming in like that when he's turning a double play, then we don't have any problem with it. It's a legal slide. It's within the rules. But somebody is going to get hurt.”
    Shit's about to get ugly.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Erin Micunt View Post
    The angle you posted a pic of is misleading when you see the other angles. He did not touch the base since you seem to not be sure. His slide is borderline interference, you can't begin a slide after passing second base he at best began his slide at the back part of the base if not later. It could easily be called interference. Which goes in line with what in talking about.
    Look, as of right now taking out a defensive player to break up a double play is part of the game and acceptable under the current rules. His actions admittedly were to take out the SS to do just that, nothing else. However, as long as a player does not go OUTSIDE OF THE BASE PATH, which I think we can both agree he definitely did not, then it is a completely LEGAL play and has been going on since the beginning of baseball. I also think you are overstating how far past the bag he was to suit your view point here. His slide was legal and within an acceptable boundary IMO. Utley plays the game hard, and he has done this exact same thing hundreds of times throughout his career... He's just never broken someones leg in the process.

Now though, because of all the whining about this, and the small chance that a player could get seriously injured, MLB will probably pull the Buster Posey move and ban this from happening as well. Then you can bitch about it being dirty. Until then, deal with it.

Comments

MumblesBadly: Solid comment. And since the Red Sox aren't playing, I couldn't care less who won.
    Last edited by vegas1369; 10-11-2015 at 01:39 AM.

Load Metric
    Better angle. Utley never touched bag.

But did anyone on opposing team actually touch second base with the ball in hand? If not, he can't be ruled out. An out has to definitely be made, else the runner can advance. Had that happen in little league.
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    Here's a vid with the appropriate music for the whiners over this call.

I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    Game #2 Recap

And I'm wondering if Druff jizzed in his shorts when he saw live the two runs scored on the play that starts at 2:40. 'Cause with his history of wins in live playoff games, I'd probably do if I were him.

Silver
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Greek God View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Avon Barksdale View Post

Doubt you could scrap $200 let alone $2K....

LOL, love these delusional psychos.
    I'm a gambler you fucking nit.
    Sounds like a tight life.

Load Metric
    Legal slide? yes

Should he be beaned or slid into next game? Yes

Comments

MumblesBadly: The Mets *must* defend their teammates. Looking forward to the highlight reel of the resulting brawl.

Load Metric
    Honestly it was dirty as fuck, but yes legal. Also, if I were him I'd sit out the rest of the series... really would not enjoy the 95mph fastball about to head towards my rib and head area.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Greek God View Post
    And just for the record. I had 2200 on me. I put 2000 on NY +168 just because Druff is the Fucking kiss of death. I had no opinion on the game. But just knowing that his jewy ass Would be on the other side made up my mind.

Thanks Todd. Fading you in life is positively +EV.
    lolz

Load Metric
    Looked like a good hard slide to me. Sucks the guy broke his leg.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Yankees Didi Gregorious did a later slide vs the Astros during the wild card, Luckily no broken leg.

Comments

Sanlmar: In first

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by RichardBrodiesCombover. View Post
    So MLB agrees it was dirty. Whatever. Still lost the game b/c of the play. Baseball is great b/c there is payback for this stuff.

First, Mets go on record as being satisfied with the decision. Perfect script.

"[The Mets] feel this was the appropriate course of action," the team said in a statement. "With this decision behind us, the team and our fans can now focus on playing winning baseball."
    You now throw under AGon's chin or at his legs. AGon is all armored up leaning over plate. Mets would not have thrown at useless fuck Utley. You take out a star.

"It ain't retribution, jeez we (Mets) felt the MLB handled this for us." It wasn't Utley we threw at. Great cover. Thanks Joe.

Dodgers escaping with a split. Remember, all they have is Kershaw & Greinke. Dodgers have no shot in the next game. They had to win both those outings.

Bottom line for me. If Mets don't settle this on the field Monday I am done with them.

The fans are gonna be pretty worked up and battery sales around the stadium should spike. Should be a great take.
    Last edited by Sanlmar; 10-11-2015 at 07:26 PM.

Load Metric

Suspension is bullshit! That's a slide you see once a game in nearly every single game. The Royals fought earlier this year when Escobar got rolled into. Where was the suspension? There wasn't one because there's never been one!

Comments

big dick: I could not agree more

vegas1369: Yup

SchoenfeldsJawMuscles: not true, rarely are takeouts this bad
    It's hilarious that we as a society think everyone can be a dr, a lawyer, an engineer. Some people are just fucking stupid. Why can't we just accept that?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by jsearles22 View Post

Suspension is bullshit! That's a slide you see once a game in nearly every single game. The Royals fought earlier this year when Escobar got rolled into. Where was the suspension? There wasn't one because there's never been one!
    MLB is just trying to save a Dodgers' life. It's nonsense. It's witness protection.

Love your second sentence. "The Royals fought...." It is no accident Royals have had the two year run we see. We know Royals have character.

The Dodgers are led by AGon. He's their leader? Good luck with that. Not the stuff that gets you to World Series. Been proven.

The Mets? Idk. They gotta show me something.

Comments

big dick: Spot on

Load Metric
    Absolutely disgusting. Had Tejada not been injured on the play this would be a complete non issue. So basically what MLB has said here is "it's ok to take out a player to break up a double play, unless you injure him". All part of the wussification of American sports.

Hopefully this wins on appeal. Total bullshit.

Comments

jsearles22: Exact argument I made earlier with friends. The injury shouldn't dictate the punishment

SchoenfeldsJawMuscles: your analysis is swayed by the fact that Utley is a stud with the women like yourself

MumblesBadly: Agreed.
    Last edited by vegas1369; 10-11-2015 at 07:53 PM.

Load Metric

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric
    The slide was way late. Utley knew exactly what he was doing, although that doesn't mean he was trying to injure anyone. Runners know they have to break up the double play and it leads to some horrible slides in bang bang situations.

Comments

jsearles22: I'll reluctantly possibly agree.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by SchoenfeldsJawMuscles View Post
    The slide was way late. Utley knew exactly what he was doing, although that doesn't mean he was trying to injure anyone. Runners know they have to break up the double play and it leads to some horrible slides in bang bang situations.
    I just saw on Sportscenter the replay overlayed with Torres explanation. I may have been wrong. That wasn't a slide, Utley tracked the guy and just dove into him. I'm all for hard slides but I'm now not sure that's what this was. Baseball isn't a contact sport. Contact while sliding is fine with me, I encourage it. This wasn't a slide, more like a tackle
    It's hilarious that we as a society think everyone can be a dr, a lawyer, an engineer. Some people are just fucking stupid. Why can't we just accept that?

Thread Information