Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Lets GO Mets, Beat LA!!!!!

Load Metric
    Utley needs to get beaned in his head

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Suicide King View Post
    Utley needs to get beaned in his head

Somebody gets drilled before this is done.

AGon

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Greek God View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Dodgers since 2008 in games I've attended in the NLDS:

08: Win
    09: Win
    13: Win
    14: Win
    15: ???
    looks like 4-1 you cock sucking cum guzzling jew. Maybe you can threaten to write a scathing review to the mets PR department. And they'll forfeit their victory.
    Looks like you will be calling someone begging for money to get out of Laughlin again.

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Greek God View Post

looks like 4-1 you cock sucking cum guzzling jew. Maybe you can threaten to write a scathing review to the mets PR department. And they'll forfeit their victory.
    Looks like you will be calling someone begging for money to get out of Laughlin again.

Looks like I spoke way way too early GG fucking g Dodgers. Off to grind my last 200 on ultimate X VP. Druff 5-0 sucks but fair.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    addison reed...to pitch to gonzo? really..only 2 pitchers i want to see in close games are clippard and familla..and familla under pressure will soon pull an armando benitez....the harder he throws it, the further they'll hit it.

addison reed..fucking more awful choice than that baez dude
    Quote Originally Posted by bottomset_69 View Post
    Johnny Manziel will be the 1st pick in the draft. I truly believe not only will Johnny Manziel be rookie of the year, quite possibly he will be MVP as his style will shock defensive coordinators. Manziel may only be 6 feet tall, but he has size 15 feet. And he has HUGE hands. I know some NFL scouts so I know what I am talking about.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    the umps fucked this game up. You cannot rule a runner safe when he doesn't make an effort to touch the base. He decided to go for a dirty late slide and breakup a double play, fine. You then forfeit your right to the base when you don't attempt to touch it.

Banned
    Load Metric
    Fuck. -2K . GG Dodgers and druff.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    UTLEY IS GOD CLEAN SLIDE

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by chinamaniac View Post
    UTLEY IS GOD CLEAN SLIDE
    Clean or dirty is an argument for the fans.

A character team like the Royals would send a message to a Dodgers star.

I don't know the Mets but it's on them now.

Load Metric
    LOL at that being a dirty slide. That's how the game is supposed to be played, fags.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    You are wrong, clueless and missing the point all at the same time. Quite the trifecta

Load Metric
    I've seen worse /intentional double play break up slides in meaningless regular season games. well played Utley, just expect a bean to the head.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Any non-Mets fans want to chime in here and question the ruling?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Erin Micunt View Post
    You are wrong, clueless and missing the point all at the same time. Quite the trifecta
    Typical Mets fan. Knows nothing about post season play.

If you don't see how that was a typical take out slide in the post season you really have no business watching baseball.

Load Metric
    Any non-Mets fans want to chime in here and question the ruling?
    Only issue was Utley not touching the base. I didn't see the multiple angles to see if his hand ever touched, but if it clearly didn't then he obv should have been called out.

Everything else was textbook. He did not leave the base path to take out Tejada, which definitely would have been dirty, but that was a straight text book take out. Mets fans being little bitches about this. It's been so long since they've been in the post season they're used to regular season play where players won't sacrifice their bodies for a win like Utley did.

Get over it. Clean play, unfortunate outcome for Tejada.

Load Metric
    Watching it again, I actually blame Tejada more than anything here.

Never turn your back on a runner, especially when that runner is Chase Utley. He HAD to know a take out slide was coming.

Load Metric
    BTW Druff, don't forget about Utley's Corner (Google it if you're not familiar).

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by vegas1369 View Post

If you don't see how that was a typical take out slide in the post season you really have no business watching baseball.
    The slide is not the issue genius. It's the ruling to put him back on second base that defies logic. He never touched second base and made no attempt to. He went to take out the shortstop, he therefore forfeited his right to the base. On top of that the one way logic is idiotic. "Well he didn't go back to touch second afterwards because he was called out" well then what about the same identical logic that the shortstop had no need to tag the runner which he clearly could have with him being so far off the base. So you clearly don't grasp the point that the dirtiness/cleanness of the slide isn't the issue. It is a borderline at best slide.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by vegas1369 View Post

The slide is not the issue genius. It's the ruling to put him back on second base that defies logic. He never touched second base and made no attempt to. He went to take out the shortstop, he therefore forfeited his right to the base. On top of that the one way logic is idiotic. "Well he didn't go back to touch second afterwards because he was called out" well then what about the same identical logic that the shortstop had no need to tag the runner which he clearly could have with him being so far off the base. So you clearly don't grasp the point that the dirtiness/cleanness of the slide isn't the issue. It is a borderline at best slide.
    I actually agree with you about the ruling to a degree http://pokerfraudalert.com/forum/sho...l=1#post472795

However, you are mistaken that he didn't make an attempt to touch the bag...

Name:  Utley.png
Views: 216
Size:  154.1 KB

Sure looks like an obv attempt to touch the bag to me. Like I said in my post above, I didn't see multiple angles to see if his hand actually touched there. The rule here favors Utley though since Tejada NEVER touched the bag either, so by default, even though Utley left the field, he was called OUT by the second base Ump at the time, so that gave him every reason to leave the field without going back to touch the bag, which he easily could have done if there was no call at that moment.

This...
    well then what about the same identical logic that the shortstop had no need to tag the runner which he clearly could have with him being so far off the base.
    is fucking retarded.
    Last edited by vegas1369; 10-10-2015 at 11:39 PM.

Load Metric
    MLB's stance.

Prior to accepting the challenge, the umpires on the field determined the play to be reviewable as a force play and not the neighborhood play. After viewing all relevant angles, the Replay Official definitively determined that the fielder's foot was not in contact with second base at any time when he had possession of the ball. The call is OVERTURNED, the runner is safe.
    So, it doesn't matter if he touched the bag before leaving the field. He was called out at the time by the ump, so no reason to go back and tag. And this quote
    He never touched second base and made no attempt to. He went to take out the shortstop, he therefore forfeited his right to the base.
    is retarded as well.

That happens when a player LEAVES THE BASE PATH TO TAKE OUT A PLAYER. He stayed within the base path and clearly made an attempt to touch the base while sliding.

Thread Information