Thread: The Goonies II, 30 years later... with the original cast?!

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

The Goonies II, 30 years later... with the original cast?!

http://hollywoodlife.com/2014/04/22/...sequel-coming/

I can't possibly imagine this being any good.

Sean Astin, Josh Brolin and Corey Feldman made their interest in doing a sequel known.
    Some things are better left in the '80s.

If they really wanted to make it cool, they would make a sequel featuring teenagers, and set it again in the 1980s.

Gold
    Load Metric
    There is zero chance this will be good. The mother from throw momma from the train has to be dead right?

Load Metric

I'd bet money that this won't happen.
    "You run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole; you run into assholes all day, you're the asshole."

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Spookygook View Post
    There is zero chance this will be good. The mother from throw momma from the train has to be dead right?
    Yeah, she died in 1988, four years after Goonies came out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron Von Strucker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kmksmkn View Post
    Does anybody know if u can get a work visa for playing online poker in the UK
    I have had Issues with credit cards in Europe
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde View Post
    you're more consumed with accumulating wealth than achieving spiritual enlightenment
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post
    Getting a little surf and turf tonight. In my world that is Sea Bass with a nice lobster tail on the side. And grilled asparagus. It's nice having money.

Load Metric
    Can it be any worse than lost boys 2?

Walking Image Library
    Load Metric

Chunk is going to have to pull a Deniro and pack on a ton of weight:

Load Metric
    Worst idea since greedo shooting first.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    BUMP

Sequel isn't happening.

However, here is a long Yahoo article where director Richard Donner is interviewed about the movie: https://www.yahoo.com/movies/directo...269121532.html

Here's the weirdest part:

I wouldn’t have gone to see The Goonies. That wasn’t my kind of movie. Still not my kind of movie. But it was a great experience making it and living with it afterwards. We’re going to do an off-Broadway, do you know what immersion theatre is? Where there’s no seats, the venue is you go into a warehouse and there’s something happening in that warehouse and that’s the play you’ve come to see, only you become part of it and you travel through with actors. It’s very popular now. We’re doing one on The Goonies. It will take another year or so but it’s going to be wonderful.

So Donner doesn't really like The Goonies, but he's going to redo it in some live theater warehouse thing where you somehow are traveling along with the characters.

I can't even picturing how this would work, since The Goonies takes place over a very large area underground. It's not like doing this with something where most of the movie takes place in a small, closed area.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    BUMP

Sequel isn't happening.

However, here is a long Yahoo article where director Richard Donner is interviewed about the movie: https://www.yahoo.com/movies/directo...269121532.html

I wouldn’t have gone to see The Goonies. That wasn’t my kind of movie. Still not my kind of movie. But it was a great experience making it and living with it afterwards. [b]We’re going to do an off-Broadway, do you know what immersion theatre is? Where there’s no seats, the venue is you go into a warehouse and there’s something happening in that warehouse and that’s the play you’ve come to see, only you become part of it and you travel through with actors. It’s very popular now. We’re doing one on The Goonies. It will take another year or so but it’s going to be wonderful.

So Donner doesn't really like The Goonies, but he's going to redo it in some live theater warehouse thing where you somehow are traveling along with the characters.

I can't even picturing how this would work, since The Goonies takes place over a very large area underground. It's not like doing this with something where most of the movie takes place in a small, closed area.
    Donner no shit has to be fucking 90.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by 4Dragons View Post
    BUMP

Sequel isn't happening.

Close. 85.

It's hard to imagine that he's going to put together this whole immersion theater thing at that age.

These may just be delusions of a senile old man.

Comments

4Dragons: googling shit rep

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by 4Dragons View Post

Close. 85.

It's hard to imagine that he's going to put together this whole immersion theater thing at that age.

These may just be delusions of a senile old man.
    Somebody tries to get me outta bed at 85 you're eating shoe leather, much less getting out of bed for something that will not be a masterpiece. Superman I, Lethal Weapon 1 & 2 were perfect movies. No idea wtf he hopes to accomplish with this drivel.

Thread Information