Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: **** OFFICIAL - STAR WARS 7 THREAD ****

Load Metric
    It was a damn fine movie.

Load Metric
    That was great. Lived up to my high expectations. Kids loved it.

Plutonium Brittney Griner's Clit's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Look at these faggots all enthused about this Disney Miley Cyrus trash. Now I have to contend with years of arguing with these drones that have no fucking clue how predictively programmed they were by this hot garbage. If there was ever a movie in this world that was made with the goal of thought change I can't imagine what it would be.

Plutonium Brittney Griner's Clit's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Charham View Post

Fucking gross. You brought your children? In a just world that would be called child abuse. Seriously I'd rather let Sonatine spend 3 hours unsupervised with my children then subject them to this Disney filth. Fuck you Adolf. Fuck you Walt. Fuck you Eisner. Fuck you J.J.

Load Metric
    Now that Star Wars has returned in full-Force, now seems like the perfect time for its parody counterpart, Spaceballs, to grace us once again. Released in 1987, the film has aged beautifully, and now it seems like Mel Brooks—who wrote, directed, produced, and starred in the original—has his sights set on a sequel.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Brittney Griner's Clit View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Charham View Post

Fucking gross. You brought your children? In a just world that would be called child abuse. Seriously I'd rather let Sonatine spend 3 hours unsupervised with my children then subject them to this Disney filth. Fuck you Adolf. Fuck you Walt. Fuck you Eisner. Fuck you J.J.
    Name:  image.jpeg
Views: 376
Size:  29.0 KB

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by chinamaniac View Post
    Could not wait. Found reclining seat tickets for tonight 3d @ 7 PM , going Monday too I guess
    reserved seats are the fucking bomb. there'd be zero chance of me seeing this before 2016 if it weren't for online tix and reservations, and the recliners are hard to argue with. you can stay outside getting roasted right up until showtime if you want, no lines, no hassles.... Shout out to the movie-going experience in general. Lotta places doing things right these days (Braintree AMC this afternoon, in this case.) I think I'm gonna go more often. All the parts that used to be annoying are gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Shizzmoney View Post
    Good movie, liked all the callbacks. Has me in for ep 8
    Holy shit with the call-backs. The entire thing was callback after callback, not that I'm complaining. They hit most, if not all 6 movies, at least once, probably a few times each.

Plus, the Zootopia trailer made me laugh.

Comments

Daly: Zootopia rep.

WillieMcFML: what daly said

Kuntmissioner: what crowe said

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Didn't see this posted in here even though many of you probably already know about it happening.

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2015/...wd-goes-crazy/

Load Metric
    movie was great. so glad i faded all spoilers before seeing it

will see again

Load Metric
    It was pretty good.
    I saw it at Regal Cinemas Imax 3D ($18.25)

When Return of the Jedi was playing in theaters I believe the price per ticket was $3.75 or $4.50. Now it's $11.75 per ticket.$15+ for Real D and $18+ for Imax 3D.

J.J. Abrams is a better director than George Lucas.

There is a problem with the dark side.

The main villain is weak, like a snotty-nose rich kid with nasal congestion and a real bad temper. His back story hasn't been fully explained. Why does he even have to wear a mask?

The black stormtropper, his story makes no sense. He develops a sudden conscious. So he breaks a prisoner out and he thinks he's a new hero and some how now he believes he can use the force.

Supreme Commander Snoke, I guess he is the new emperor. It is fucking Gollum from Lord of the Rings and he is probably a tiny little bastard.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by WillieMcFML View Post
    movie was great. so glad i faded all spoilers before seeing it

will see again
    Even knowing spoilers ahead of time I found this movie very satisfying. One of my favorite movie experiences in a long time.

Reserved seating is god.

Feelin' Stronger Every Day tony bagadonuts's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Phenomenal, looking forward to seeing it again in a few days.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe Diddly View Post
    reserved seats are the fucking bomb. there'd be zero chance of me seeing this before 2016 if it weren't for online tix and reservations, and the recliners are hard to argue with. you can stay outside getting roasted right up until showtime if you want, no lines, no hassles.... Shout out to the movie-going experience in general. Lotta places doing things right these days (Braintree AMC this afternoon, in this case.) I think I'm gonna go more often. All the parts that used to be annoying are gone.
    ]
    Agreed on not seeing it without ordering online tickets, I thought the inside of the Showcase Cinema I went to was going to be full out ballistic. It was not. It was like any other night. I think most people know that if you don't get them online u aint getting a ticket now

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by TheXFactor View Post
    It was pretty good.

When Return of the Jedi was playing in theaters I believe the price per ticket was $3.75 or $4.50. Now it's $11.75 per ticket.$15+ for Real D and $18+ for Imax 3D.

The main villain is weak, like a snotty-nose rich kid with nasal congestion and a real bad temper. His back story hasn't been fully explained. Why does he even have to wear a mask?

The black stormtropper, his story makes no sense. He develops a sudden conscious. So he breaks a prisoner out and he thinks he's a new hero and some how now he believes he can use the force.

Supreme Commander Snoke, I guess he is the new emperor. It is fucking Gollum from Lord of the Rings and he is probably a tiny little bastard.

I'm not posting any spoiler tags so if you read this shit then too bad. if Anyone hasn't seen the movie and cares about getting spoiled then you shouldn't be reading a fucking star wars thread.

I don't think Kylo Ren was weak. I actually liked his character. They will build him up for episode 8 as obv he will be stronger as he just killed Han Solo etc.. and his training will advance further.

I kind of liked the storm trooper turns good thing. he is the first storm trooper we have ever seen turn good. Gotta think that one of the zillion of them will be like him. Ya he thought he could use the force but he had no fucking clue.

SNOKE IS GOD

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by chinamaniac View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TheXFactor View Post
    It was pretty good.

I'm not posting any spoiler tags so if you read this shit then too bad. if Anyone hasn't seen the movie and cares about getting spoiled then you shouldn't be reading a fucking star wars thread.

I don't think Kylo Ren was weak. I actually liked his character. They will build him up for episode 8 as obv he will be stronger as he just killed Han Solo etc.. and his training will advance further.

I kind of liked the storm trooper turns good thing. he is the first storm trooper we have ever seen turn good. Gotta think that one of the zillion of them will be like him. Ya he thought he could use the force but he had no fucking clue.

SNOKE IS GOD

I'm wondering whether his chubby cheeks chafing against the inside of the storm trooper helmet influenced his decision to say FU to the empire.
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    Just watched this and I'm sorry but I was very disappointed. Felt fragmented and it also looks like they were pandering more towards the fan boy vs telling an actual story. Not a bad movie by any means, but def ranks just above episode I, meaning to me it's the 2nd worst movie of the bunch. Maybe it's because I'm younger than some of the people here, but honestly EP II/III I think were so much better than this one.

EP ranking:

I
    VII
    V
    IV
    VI
    III
    II

As a side note, there was a guy there who said to his friend this was the 5th time he had watched it and it only gets better. He also mentioned that it was the best movie of the bunch... maybe you have to watch it more than once, but I don't agree with any of that shit.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    For those who want to watch it again (the beginning is in spanish, which is pretty lol):

http://movies-2015.com/star-wars-movie-2015/
    http://www.miraclecovers.com

"Donk down, that’s what you say to someone after they have lost 28K straight?" - Phil Hellmuth, online

Load Metric
    So I get to the show today for a matinee and i'm standing there in an empty line ready to get my ticket and a lady walks up to me and asks if i'm going to see Star Wars, 'Yup'.. '3D?'.. 'Yup'.. 'Here, I bought one too many and he's not coming, Merry Christmas!'. She hands me a ticket stub and a pair of glasses.

Visuals 12 of 10
    Dialog 4 of 10
    Plot 5 of 10

The subtext that I picked up from watching that was that JJ was afraid he wouldn't do as good a job as George, instead of some kid not doing as well as his grandpa. Millennial Caligula Vader was hilarious.

Load Metric
    I enjoyed it, and I don't even like the franchise that much. V and IV are the only really good ones to me. VI and III are okay, and I-II are abominable.

I think that the new characters are good, and the old characters weren't even really necessary. Aside from the oldies providing some needed context, I felt like the new ones could have carried the movie without.

8.5/10, will see again in theatres.
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post
    I enjoyed it, and I don't even like the franchise that much. V and IV are the only really good ones to me. VI and III are okay, and I-II are abominable.

I think that the new characters are good, and the old characters weren't even really necessary. Aside from the oldies providing some needed context, I felt like the new ones could have carried the movie without.

8.5/10, will see again in theatres.

So you didn't get what they were doing with the film?

If I asked you to name the movie where a droid gets uploaded with secret plans, gets shot out of a ship and lands on a desert planet, only to be picked up by a farmer who then tries to return the droid to the person it belongs to.. what movie am I describing? I or VII? There is no difference except the old characters have replaced the wise characters in the first film. Hell they even squeezed in a Yoda type character as a bonus, big eyes and all. The big surprise to me about the plot of this film is that instead of taking things in a new direction, they just rehashed, almost scene for scene, the first movie. Joseph Campbell on fleek.

Thread Information