Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: **** OFFICIAL - STAR WARS 7 THREAD ****

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Daly View Post
    I won't spoiler this because it's personal speculation. There is only one way for us to get "emotionally invested" in 8 and 9. Luke/Han/Leia has to die by the hands of bad guys. Not all of hem per se, but guarantee 1-2 of them get chopped down. It's writing fail if that doesn't happen.

I don't think many of the PFA elite here have kids (probably a good thing) but if you do the toys are starting to fly off the shelf.
    M
    I'm gonna spoiler this because I put 2 and 2 together from what i've seen and my spoiler will ruin everyone's day because it's to 'Star Wars'y to be wrong:

The reason Luke Skywalker isn't on the poster or featured in the trailers is because he IS in the trailer. He's that nigga in the fancy new Vader suit and carrying that hot as fuck red lightsaber. "I will finish what you started...", yup, like father like son.. SON.

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by 4Dragons View Post
    I'm gonna spoiler this because I put 2 and 2 together from what i've seen and my spoiler will ruin everyone's day because it's to 'Star Wars'y to be wrong:

The reason Luke Skywalker isn't on the poster or featured in the trailers is because he IS in the trailer. He's that nigga in the fancy new Vader suit and carrying that hot as fuck red lightsaber. "I will finish what you started...", yup, like father like son.. SON.
    That crossed my mind a while back too, but

Adam Driver was casted as Kylo Ren.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2488496/

Maybe like father like grandson.

Comments

4Dragons: NAILED IT.. ok well close enough

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by WillieMcFML View Post
    i have tickets for saturday morning at 10:30am

my brother's company bought out the theater for the showing and he got 4 tickets, so i'll be going with him and his two sons (age 10 and 7)

i'm fucking pumped (not fucking pumped having to wake up at 8am to get a seat in a sold out theater)

I got mine for Thursday night at 1015pm. the 7 pm was sold out. Soooooo pumped

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by SrslySirius View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 4Dragons View Post

That crossed my mind a while back too, but

Adam Driver was casted as Kylo Ren.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2488496/

Maybe like father like grandson.

Just as a footnote, 3 people played Darth Vader all at the same time: David Prowse, James Earl Jones and the other guy that did the swordfights. One might include the guy that played him without the mask in Return of the Jedi as well.

Load Metric
    Obviously The mouse has everyone on silence right now. Official reviews can not be released until tomorrow. The early returns from last nights selected media screaning is this is easily the best Star Wars since ROTJ.

More or less what I figured from the start, way too much money for this not to be at least decent.

Going to have to shut down the Internet until I see the movie on Thursday.

Load Metric
    Chris Hardwick: No spoilers but #TheForceAwakens is beyond amazing. Truly. It was an emotional experience that exceeded my hopes!!!

Spoiler free tweets about the premiere are all positive. (Not a big surprise) One tweet said "easily best SW since 1983, maybe 1980."

Load Metric
    I haven't seen it posted anywhere, but im surprised none of you have posted to conspiracy theory about Jar Jar being the Sith Master.

Comments

Crowe Diddly: I did love that theory. fun and well done rep

Load Metric
    Wow..... Huge spoiler here.

Eric Stonestreet ✔@ericstonestreet
    Well, I've seen Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
    My prediction: #1 at the box office this week.

Banned
    Load Metric
    The early returns from last nights selected media screaning is this is easily the best Star Wars since ROTJ.

What a glowing review.

Comments

Daly: Yeah you can almost hear the back peddle. It was better than TESB..... Ok it was better than ROJ

Load Metric
    Tonight ESPN is doing a hour long special on...... And I'm not kidding here......

"The history of the light saber Duel"

Mickey is calling all the shots.

Banned
    Load Metric
    Daly: Yeah you can almost hear the back peddle. It was better than TESB..... Ok it was better than ROJ
    Best since ROJ doesn't include ROJ. That just means better than the prequels, which is saying very, very little.

Ewoks and emasculated Vader aside, ROJ was a pretty damn good film, so to say that Force Awakens is better than it would be quite a bold statement imo

Load Metric
    Chris Hardwick: No spoilers but #TheForceAwakens is beyond amazing. Truly. It was an emotional experience that exceeded my hopes!!!

Spoiler free tweets about the premiere are all positive. (Not a big surprise) One tweet said "easily best SW since 1983, maybe 1980."
    It should be noted that Chris Hardwick jizzes in his pants at the worst Walking Dead episodes.

Obviously, the minimum bar is to be the 4th best SW movie. If it can somehow be as good as ROTJ, that's a pretty huge movie.

I know nothing spoiler wise but I'm expecting the consensus to be "it's better than the Phantom Menace". Which is a pretty low bar.

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by tommyt View Post
    I haven't seen it posted anywhere, but im surprised none of you have posted to conspiracy theory about Jar Jar being the Sith Master.
    Theory checks out.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Just got my tickets for next Monday , had to settle for 2nd row but thats fine

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by chinamaniac View Post
    Just got my tickets for next Monday , had to settle for 2nd row but thats fine
    I would typically wait a month before going, but friends bought basically a full theatre.

Most of us taking kids with us, will be fun to pass it on to a new generation of fans.

Comments

ToasterOven: sounds like fun

Load Metric
    I'll wait until it comes out on CBC & there's no hockey on or I don't have to wash my hair.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by ToasterOven View Post
    It should be noted that Chris Hardwick jizzes in his pants at the worst Walking Dead episodes.

I have no doubt that J.J. Abrams made a great action movie as good as Star Trek.

It's the story he will fuck up.

The beginning involving the blue lightsaber that Luke Skywalker lost during The Empire Strikes Back.

The back story involving the past 30 years of what happened to Han Solo, Chewbacca, Princess Leia and Luke Skywalker.

Just put the story of Star Wars out of your mind and enjoy it for what it now is...A mindless action/sci-fi film.

Load Metric

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by TheXFactor View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ToasterOven View Post

I have no doubt that J.J. Abrams made a great action movie as good as Star Trek.

It's the story he will fuck up.

The beginning involving the blue lightsaber that Luke Skywalker lost during The Empire Strikes Back.

The back story involving the past 30 years of what happened to Han Solo, Chewbacca, Princess Leia and Luke Skywalker.

Just put the story of Star Wars out of your mind and enjoy it for what it now is...A mindless action/sci-fi film.
    And where I have hope is Mickey Mouse didn't just turn over his $4B asset to JJ for him to do with whatever the fuck he wants with it. This script has been reviewed and signed off by the best of writers is my best guess.

Thread Information