Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: **** OFFICIAL - STAR WARS 7 THREAD ****

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Daly View Post
    Exactly right. Brace yourselves.

I'm one Of the biggest nerds you know and im repulsed buy today.
    You had a Freudian slip just there too.

Load Metric

Load Metric
    Long and retarded. Long story short; the guy who wrote this article has no clue about the process of shooting an effects heavy movie.

Rogue One: A Star Wars Story

Posted June 3 2016 — 4:56 PM EDT
    Here’s what’s happening with Rogue One:
    Over the past week, numerous stories have emerged about reshoots on the first of the Star Wars stand-alone films, and fans have become as nervous and confused as C-3PO at a Star Trek convention.
    After reaching out to deeply placed sources on the movie and at Lucasfilm to sort fact from fiction, Entertainment Weekly has learned new details about the state of the project – including who’s working on the new sequences and what those scenes involve.
    Here’s what’s true: The film, which is about Rebels stealing the plans for the first Death Star just before the events of 1977’s original Star Wars, is undergoing four to five weeks of reshoots, beginning this month and ending just days before the Star Wars Celebration fan event in London on July 15.
    See also

Decoding the Clues of 'Rogue One: A Star Wars Story'
    WATCH: 'Rogue One' star reveals new 'Star Wars' film details
    High level sources at Lucasfilm, speaking to EW anonymously, offered some details that place the schedule in context. (Official studio sources declined comment, saying they don’t respond to rumors.)
    In what may reassure fans, reshoots were scheduled for the film before even a single scene was shot. It’s standard practice now for large-scale films to build in additional weeks of shooting so filmmakers can tweak a movie after the first assembly cut.
    Those reshoots were originally planned for the spring, but were bumped to mid-summer to allow for extra time as director Gareth Edwards and the creative team decided what they wanted to alter. “The changes have everything to do with clarity and character development and all take place [as inserts] within scenes we’ve already shot,” said one source on the project.
    In other words, the changes involve more intimate moments – not redoing entire battle sequences or plot lines. “It’s a lot of talking in cockpits,” as the insider described the new footage.
    CURRENT TIMELINE

The plan now is to lock picture in mid-August and begin scoring the movie in September – which would actually be an earlier timeline than The Force Awakens, which also underwent several weeks of summer reshoots and locked picture in October.
    The rumor that almost half the movie is being reshot elicits both laughter and groans from those closest to the film. While it might seem like spin-control from those working on the film, their logic bears out: “If we were rewriting the movie and reshooting 40 percent of movie, we would not be finishing in August,” a source on the production says. “People really would be panicking – and changing the release date.”
    The length of the reshoots adds up because it involves separate contributions from many different actors. Rogue One is an ensemble story with seven major characters, including the outlaw Jyn Erso (played by Felicity Jones), and her team of Rebel infiltrators played by Diego Luna, Donnie Yen, Alan Tudyk (as a performance capture droid), Riz Ahmed, Forest Whitaker, and Wen Jiang. Ben Mendelsohn costars as an Imperial officer, and Mads Mikkelson has said he plays Jyn’s father.
    A source familiar with the reshoots said one of the challenges has been reuniting the cast, many of whom are involved in other movies after the pre-planned reshoots were shifted from the spring to summer. “It is a complicated schedule trying to pull people in around other things they’re doing,” the source says. “And this cast is spread out all over the world.”
    A NEW COLLABORATOR

Rumors that Christopher McQuarrie, best known for writing the Oscar-winning script for The Usual Suspects and writing and directing Mission: Impossible – Rogue Nation, has written a new script and will be involved in co-directing the reshoots are false.
    McQuarrie did make contributions to an earlier draft of the script, sources confirm. But that’s the extent of his work on Rogue One. As rumors about his involvement in the Star Wars film began to spread yesterday, McQuarrie himself took to Twitter to deny them.
    But EW’s reporting has uncovered a new collaborator on Rogue One: Tony Gilroy, the writer-director of Michael Clayton. He was brought aboard the project in the spring to offer notes on the first cut and write some additional material to enhance the story.
    Gilroy has deep ties to the Rogue One team. He also worked on the screenplays for many of the Bourne films and even directed 2012’s The Bourne Legacy, which were all produced by Frank Marshall, the husband of Kathleen Kennedy, who is the president of Lucasfilm. One source says Gilroy’s trusted by Kennedy and the story team, and has even been recruited to consult on other Star Wars projects.
    In addition to his Kennedy-Marshall history, Gilroy has worked before with Rogue One director Edwards, having done similar uncredited work on the filmmaker’s previous movie, 2014’s Godzilla, to strengthen the story before release.
    In addition to writing new dialogue for the reshoots, Gilroy will assist Edwards as a second unit director when cameras start rolling again.
    A GRITTIER TONE

Fears that the heavy-duty war movie is being watered down into a lighthearted caper are unfounded, according to what EW has learned. “The movie is very different than [The Force Awakens], and that’s intentional,” one source says. “It’s a war film.”
    Rumors that Disney executives have forced the changes to make the movie more family friendly are also false. According to EW’s sources, there have been no test screenings, and it’s unlikely there ever will be on a Star Wars film.
    The only two individuals outside of Lucasfilm who have seen Rogue One at this point are Disney CEO and Chairman Bob Iger and studio chief Alan Horn. The vibe on the filmmaking team is that they’re just happy the corporate bosses let them alter the schedule and make the changes. “This is a normal part of our filmmaking process,” said a Lucasfilm source. “We’re working and tweaking and making sure it’s right. This is how you build something in layers.”
    But there’s no question: the rumors have freaked out fans. In addition to alarming the audience, this week’s gossip – fueled by a report in the New York Post – has also frustrated the filmmaking team, who are starting to learn the massive enthusiasm for Star Wars can be a double-edged sword. The passion is over-the-top, but so is the scrutiny.
    “I can’t think of anything in world of creativity [that isn’t changed or reworked.] You need to do that when making these movies,” a source said, asking that the Star Wars community give them the benefit of the doubt until the Celebration event in July, when some of what they’ve been working on with Rogue One will be unveiled: “People will go insane.”
    http://www.ew.com/article/2016/06/03/rogue-one-reshoots

Load Metric
    Silence is deafening on the re shoot of the ending.

Load Metric
    http://www.ew.com/gallery/rogue-one-first-look-photos

Name:  78465131111188500.jpg
Views: 339
Size:  48.4 KB

Name:  46853684651777000.jpg
Views: 338
Size:  151.5 KB

Name:  dtt4558f23021351000.jpg
Views: 339
Size:  294.9 KB

16 total new photos and character descriptions at link.

Load Metric
    1920x1080
    Name:  Rogue-One-trailer-1920x1080.jpg
Views: 373
Size:  136.0 KB

Load Metric
    Thread sorely missing the ebullient Chewbacca Mom

Load Metric

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by TheXFactor View Post
    Needs more VADER but I will still go see it opening night

Load Metric
    I mean I guess I could take the hard line and front that I'm not going to see this because it doesn't look all that good..... I'd be lying about the part about not seeing it.

Load Metric

Load Metric
    2 months away. Very little buzz.

My guess is this doesn't do nearly as well as the Mouse thinks it will.

Load Metric

Load Metric
    If Jedi I aren't involved the fuck this movie Rogue One picture. I enjoy Star Wars because of the beautiful nature of the Jedi Knight, they are selfless and live to serve and protect others.

Nothing more bad ass then a good ole Jedi vs Sith lightsaber battle.
    "I hit that shot because it was a defining moment and when a defining moment comes along, you either define the moment or the moment defines you" Roy "Tin Cup" Mcevoy

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    I'm waiting at least 1-2 weeks to see it, which should be enough time to get rid of the insufferable Star Wars nerds who clap and holler at any mention or depiction of a character from the original trilogy.

I like to say that much of the charm of attending a baseball game is being part of the reactions of the crowd.

Attending a Star Wars movie is just the opposite.
    BUMP

Did I say 1-2 weeks?

I meant 2-3 years.

I just saw it tonight with Ben's mom, who also hadn't seen it.

The only spoiler I had heard in these 2+ years was Han Solo's death. That shows how detached I've become from nerd/geek culture in recent times.

I was shocked at how similar it was to Episode 4. Like, it wasn't just similar, it was starting to encroach upon remake territory. But wait! The mask-wearing Jedi from the Dark Side was the son this time, instead of the father! What a change!

No, but actually it was a good movie. I really enjoyed it... probably because Episode 4 was my favorite episode anyway, so I didn't mind a rehash of it.

Overall it was way better than all three prequels. Even of the best of the prequels (the third one) was still mediocre.

Looking forward to seeing Episode 8 now, though I don't really have much of an interest in Rogue One.

Load Metric
    What ever happened to 4dragons ? I heard he was good at uploading and downloading photos and using photoshop .
    "It just goes to show the kind of person you are , I got no toe"

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    the casting and acting in star wars last jedi sucked cock in a big way. only a couple stand out..the main chick and the evil dude with the long hair + benny toro. there's a reason why mark hammil hasn't appeared in many flicks since the original. he's ugly and can't act.....what a bunch of no talent rejects they used in this movie.

boring and 2 thumbs down especially since u want to see more of the furry critter hanging w/ chewy and less of just about everybody else.......and lol @ that dude that looks like jay leno's son
    Last edited by mulva; 02-25-2018 at 08:40 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by bottomset_69 View Post
    Johnny Manziel will be the 1st pick in the draft. I truly believe not only will Johnny Manziel be rookie of the year, quite possibly he will be MVP as his style will shock defensive coordinators. Manziel may only be 6 feet tall, but he has size 15 feet. And he has HUGE hands. I know some NFL scouts so I know what I am talking about.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    The only spoiler I had heard in these 2+ years was Han Solo's death. That shows how detached I've become from nerd/geek culture in recent times.

Looking forward to seeing Episode 8 now, though I don't really have much of an interest in Rogue One.
    That's ironic, because Rogue One is a better movie than the other most recent two.

You don't want to see Rogue One, because it isn't part of the original series?

Thread Information