Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Crush Live Poker

Load Metric

Crush Live Poker

Anyone here have/had a subscription to this training site? It's run by Bart Hanson and focuses solely on live cash games. This interests me since this is also my focus.

I watched the sample training video, and listened to the sample podcast but I'm still on the fence. Anyone here been/is a member that could give me an insight? Or if anyone here has played a lot with Bart, what were your impressions of his play?

Comments

bukowski72: I am not a member, but i have only heard good things about it.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Daredevil View Post
    Anyone here have/had a subscription to this training site? It's run by Bart Hanson and focuses solely on live cash games. This interests me since this is also my focus.

I watched the sample training video, and listened to the sample podcast but I'm still on the fence. Anyone here been/is a member that could give me an insight? Or if anyone here has played a lot with Bart, what were your impressions of his play?
    I've heard people talking about it. I haven't heard anything bad.

I've posted on the Run It Once forum a few times, but idk if I'd ever pay for it. Though I'm pretty sure if you're making enough in poker and want to make more it's worth it.

Load Metric

I heard somewhere

'Bart Hanson' sold $140,000 of himself for the 2015 WSOP (x amt events).

Is he that profitable (rake)

Load Metric
    My big concern with any live poker training site is that its no longer 2002.

I remember when it was real popular to say "if you can beat 2/4 online, you can beat 20/40 live". Pretty sure thats no longer the case. The only people making money off live poker are the house, so what can this guy be training exactly?
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    I would also like to echo sonatine's, "lol poker" sentiments. Take your poker bankroll and invest in an index fund on a discounted basis.

Comments

sonatine: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GbYyVO-_sVI

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Krypt View Post
    I would also like to echo sonatine's, "lol poker" sentiments. Take your poker bankroll and invest in an index fund on a discounted basis.

Krypt= Sonatine

'Sonatine is this weird individual from Sacramento California

He creates dupes and platers slanderous data about your real identity. As dirty as it gets Sonatine is a low down dirty piece of sh...

Doxd me my real name, misdemeanor mugshots, etc

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by garrett View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Krypt View Post

Krypt= Sonatine

'Sonatine is this weird individual from Sacramento California

He creates dupes and platers slanderous data about your real identity. As dirty as it gets Sonatine is a low down dirty piece of sh...

Doxd me my real name, misdemeanor mugshots, etc
    Garrett = Sonatine. 10th level. #worldclass

Comments

sonatine: always had my suspicions

blubbernuffle: well trained
    It's hilarious that we as a society think everyone can be a dr, a lawyer, an engineer. Some people are just fucking stupid. Why can't we just accept that?

Load Metric
    Well, I'm 20 mins into the free sample podcast, and he says that in a 2-3 NL cash game (didn't know these existed tbh), if you have a 150.00 stack, you can't call a 15.00 raise. You can only fold or go all-in. I can't see how that's correct.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    If it matters, a member here (I won't name him unless he wants to out himself) is involved with that site, and from all appearances is a solid guy.

I don't know all that much about the training itself, though.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    I played with Bart years ago in mid limit lives games. At the time he seemed a pretty unimaginative ABC tight player. But he seemed like he had good game selection, discipline, didn't tilt, and was accommodating to the fish, which are probably more important traits to grinding yellow chip games than brilliant, dazzling play anyways.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    If it matters, a member here (I won't name him unless he wants to out himself) is involved with that site, and from all appearances is a solid guy.

I don't know all that much about the training itself, though.
    Involved as in is a paying member? Or works in some capacity on the website?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    My big concern with any live poker training site is that its no longer 2002.

I remember when it was real popular to say "if you can beat 2/4 online, you can beat 20/40 live". Pretty sure thats no longer the case. The only people making money off live poker are the house, so what can this guy be training exactly?

You think that's true? I find live play to be much better (in the making $$ sense) then online.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post
    I played with Bart years ago in mid limit lives games. At the time he seemed a pretty unimaginative ABC tight player. But he seemed like he had good game selection, discipline, didn't tilt, and was accommodating to the fish, which are probably more important traits to grinding yellow chip games than brilliant, dazzling play anyways.
    In today's poker world game selection is the most important element.

Load Metric
    I was a subscriber to Duce Plays by Bart and fount it to be excellent, It was strictly audio and no video which i prefer. I wish i had time to watch crush live poker and i would subscribe for sure. he has a good voice (a bit like Druff's) and easy to listen to the info is gold. use to be you could get a one on one with him in L.A. for reasonable price but the Macau billionaire's have spoiled that one for us, but good for him he seems like a good guy too.
    all hail Hydra

Originally Posted by DanDruff:Since I'm a 6'2" Republican with an average-sized nose and a last name which doesn't end with "stein", "man", or "berg", I can hide among the goyim and remain undetected unless I open my mouth about money matters.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Well, I'm 20 mins into the free sample podcast, and he says that in a 2-3 NL cash game (didn't know these existed tbh), if you have a 150.00 stack, you can't call a 15.00 raise. You can only fold or go all-in. I can't see how that's correct.
    So you think there's good implied odds when calling off 10% of your stack pre?

Better question, why does Druff let you co-host his radio when you made a thread asking this?

What are fair staking arrangements for an unknown player?

I mentioned on the radio show last night that I will be in Vegas this summer, and while I can't sell "pieces" of myself for the WSOP (since I'm not planning on playing any events), I would be open to people(s) staking me into one.

This got me thinking, for a one time stake, what would be a fair? I pretty much only play live cash (mostly 1/2, sometimes 2/5) so though I could tell you I'm a winning player, it wouldn't matter since I have no way of proving it.

So basically I'm some random player no one has ever seen play, and has no results to show. Given that fact, I have come up with what I would think is fair. I'd love to hear what you guys/gals think. Below are the buy-in levels, and percentages (first number would be mine, second would be yours) for a potential stake for a WSOP even this summer:

565-777: 75/25
    1,000-1,500: 50/50
    2,500-5,000: 40/60
    10,000: 25/75

What do you think?
    Clearly you're out of your depth when talking poker. It's funny, because I mentioned how 80/20 in the backers favor is about right if the horse is good, but you still tried to flip those numbers by insinuating that Ivey would be a good investment when it's 80/20 in his favour after you stake him the full buy-in.

Comments

Daredevil: You are useless

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by RegGaymer View Post
    So you think there's good implied odds when calling off 10% of your stack pre?

Better question, why does Druff let you co-host his radio when you made a thread asking this?

What are fair staking arrangements for an unknown player?

I mentioned on the radio show last night that I will be in Vegas this summer, and while I can't sell "pieces" of myself for the WSOP (since I'm not planning on playing any events), I would be open to people(s) staking me into one.

This got me thinking, for a one time stake, what would be a fair? I pretty much only play live cash (mostly 1/2, sometimes 2/5) so though I could tell you I'm a winning player, it wouldn't matter since I have no way of proving it.

So basically I'm some random player no one has ever seen play, and has no results to show. Given that fact, I have come up with what I would think is fair. I'd love to hear what you guys/gals think. Below are the buy-in levels, and percentages (first number would be mine, second would be yours) for a potential stake for a WSOP even this summer:

565-777: 75/25
    1,000-1,500: 50/50
    2,500-5,000: 40/60
    10,000: 25/75

What do you think?
    Clearly you're out of your depth when talking poker. It's funny, because I mentioned how 80/20 in the backers favor is about right if the horse is good, but you still tried to flip those numbers by insinuating that Ivey would be a good investment when it's 80/20 in his favour after you stake him the full buy-in.
    Better question:

What experience do you have in backing? 2 euros a day takes a while to put someone in even a 100 dollar event.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Are you trying to argue that his percentage numbers look fair?

Surely a math wiz such as yourself would know that 75/25 in favor of the horse is unheard of..

And btw; I have plenty of experience backing and being backed. When I used to play live I often sold on 4 marketplace.

Load Metric
    I'd call off 10% of my stack with any pair including 2-2 if so long as there is one more caller in front of me and I had no threats behind me to shove AND I was certain the raiser had a huge hand like A-A.

Set hunting isn't always profitable, but it's a great way to double or triple up.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by RegGaymer View Post
    Are you trying to argue that his percentage numbers look fair?

Surely a math wiz such as yourself would know that 75/25 in favor of the horse is unheard of..

And btw; I have plenty of experience backing and being backed. When I used to play live I often sold on 4 marketplace.
    No, I'm saying that you have no credentials and no fucking clue what you're talking about.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Yeah but with small and medium pocket pairs the reverse implied odds would dictate you have to fold, because you could hit your set and still lose or you could hit and get no value as they check give up AK etc. So, most of the time you'd be calling off 10% of your stack and whiffing the flop, with no real equity to continue on a float/semi-bluff play as the pot is already bloated, and the times you do hit it's still not that often you double up.

Thread Information